Old
  (#13)
118 M Man #9
All Pro

Default 18.04.2012, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning2Wayne View Post
His 40 time was an anomaly, he plays the game really fast
Its not just the 40 time, which is a concern whenever someone runs slower then expected but not a huge deal.

its just not like the Bengals to draft a 5'10 reciever

Old
  (#14)
Goodfry
MVP

Default 18.04.2012, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 118 M Man #9 View Post

10. Buffalo Bills - Riley Reif OT - Iowa
I don't look at a whole lot of college tape i always go by rumours since you can tend to guess picks if you stick your ear to the ground for long enough. Nothing seems to link Reiff to Buffalo. Not GM Buddy Nixs draft history or the team showing any interst.

Quote:
Chris Brown of BuffaloBills.com has released the full list of 30 pre-2012 NFL Draft visitors that have visited the Buffalo Bills this spring. The full list is after the jump, but here above the fold, we're going to talk about some guys that did not make visits.The two big names, obviously, are Iowa offensive tackle Riley Reiff and Notre Dame wide receiver Michael Floyd...........

Old
  (#15)
oglalakev
All Pro

Default 18.04.2012, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfry View Post
I don't look at a whole lot of college tape i always go by rumours since you can tend to guess picks if you stick your ear to the ground for long enough. Nothing seems to link Reiff to Buffalo. Not GM Buddy Nixs draft history or the team showing any interst.
It's always risky to predict picks based on who has or hasn't visited as NFL wide there is little correlation between who a team picked and who they had for visits. Now it may be different for an individual franchise where the people involved will have more predictible tendancies and I don't know enough of his history in Buffalo, but when Buddy Nix was working for AJ Smith in San Diego he was part of a selection team that frequebtly drafted guys who had never been to the facility. Some GMs prefer that as it's harder for other GMs to get a feel for your targets.

As for the issue of Claiborne at 3 that would be my pick for the Vikings were I to do a draft, I rate both Claiborne and Kalil highly but prefer Claiborne and it does make sense for them from a need stand point.

Then again I would go with Fletcher Cox to the Rams rather than either of the WRs they tend to get so perhaps my opinion isn't to be trusted.

Old
  (#16)
Goodfry
MVP

Default 18.04.2012, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oglalakev View Post
It's always risky to predict picks based on who has or hasn't visited as NFL wide there is little correlation between who a team picked and who they had for visits. Now it may be different for an individual franchise where the people involved will have more predictible tendancies and I don't know enough of his history in Buffalo, but when Buddy Nix was working for AJ Smith in San Diego he was part of a selection team that frequebtly drafted guys who had never been to the facility. Some GMs prefer that as it's harder for other GMs to get a feel for your targets.

As for the issue of Claiborne at 3 that would be my pick for the Vikings were I to do a draft, I rate both Claiborne and Kalil highly but prefer Claiborne and it does make sense for them from a need stand point.

Then again I would go with Fletcher Cox to the Rams rather than either of the WRs they tend to get so perhaps my opinion isn't to be trusted.
With Buffalo and with Buddy Nix they always seem to give some clues away. Go back to 09 when CJ Spiller was the pick despite the Bills being set at the position i was going the mock draft for Buffalo that season and correctly guessed HB. Last season it was clear the pick was going to be a DE and also Kelvin Sheppard in the third was one of the easiest mid round draft picks to guess in recent seasons. Buffalo always give away clues.