Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL Draft

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old
  (#11)
Manning2Wayne
All Pro
 
Manning2Wayne's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 4,381
Join Date: 21.07.2011
Default 18.04.2012, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CautiousPaul View Post
Interception by Manning2Wayne!
Nice
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#12)
Manning2Wayne
All Pro
 
Manning2Wayne's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 4,381
Join Date: 21.07.2011
Default 18.04.2012, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 118 M Man #9 View Post
problem with reciever is that Kendall wright poor 40 combined with being small,
His 40 time was an anomaly, he plays the game really fast
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#13)
118 M Man #9
All Pro
 
118 M Man #9's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 1,827
Join Date: 29.05.2006
Location: Wiltshire
Default 18.04.2012, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning2Wayne View Post
His 40 time was an anomaly, he plays the game really fast
Its not just the 40 time, which is a concern whenever someone runs slower then expected but not a huge deal.

its just not like the Bengals to draft a 5'10 reciever
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#14)
Goodfry
MVP
 
Goodfry's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 5,710
Join Date: 22.06.2009
Location: Portsmouth
Default 18.04.2012, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 118 M Man #9 View Post

10. Buffalo Bills - Riley Reif OT - Iowa
I don't look at a whole lot of college tape i always go by rumours since you can tend to guess picks if you stick your ear to the ground for long enough. Nothing seems to link Reiff to Buffalo. Not GM Buddy Nixs draft history or the team showing any interst.

Quote:
Chris Brown of BuffaloBills.com has released the full list of 30 pre-2012 NFL Draft visitors that have visited the Buffalo Bills this spring. The full list is after the jump, but here above the fold, we're going to talk about some guys that did not make visits.The two big names, obviously, are Iowa offensive tackle Riley Reiff and Notre Dame wide receiver Michael Floyd...........
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#15)
oglalakev
All Pro
 
oglalakev's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 3,283
Join Date: 20.11.2005
Default 18.04.2012, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfry View Post
I don't look at a whole lot of college tape i always go by rumours since you can tend to guess picks if you stick your ear to the ground for long enough. Nothing seems to link Reiff to Buffalo. Not GM Buddy Nixs draft history or the team showing any interst.
It's always risky to predict picks based on who has or hasn't visited as NFL wide there is little correlation between who a team picked and who they had for visits. Now it may be different for an individual franchise where the people involved will have more predictible tendancies and I don't know enough of his history in Buffalo, but when Buddy Nix was working for AJ Smith in San Diego he was part of a selection team that frequebtly drafted guys who had never been to the facility. Some GMs prefer that as it's harder for other GMs to get a feel for your targets.

As for the issue of Claiborne at 3 that would be my pick for the Vikings were I to do a draft, I rate both Claiborne and Kalil highly but prefer Claiborne and it does make sense for them from a need stand point.

Then again I would go with Fletcher Cox to the Rams rather than either of the WRs they tend to get so perhaps my opinion isn't to be trusted.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#16)
Goodfry
MVP
 
Goodfry's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 5,710
Join Date: 22.06.2009
Location: Portsmouth
Default 18.04.2012, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oglalakev View Post
It's always risky to predict picks based on who has or hasn't visited as NFL wide there is little correlation between who a team picked and who they had for visits. Now it may be different for an individual franchise where the people involved will have more predictible tendancies and I don't know enough of his history in Buffalo, but when Buddy Nix was working for AJ Smith in San Diego he was part of a selection team that frequebtly drafted guys who had never been to the facility. Some GMs prefer that as it's harder for other GMs to get a feel for your targets.

As for the issue of Claiborne at 3 that would be my pick for the Vikings were I to do a draft, I rate both Claiborne and Kalil highly but prefer Claiborne and it does make sense for them from a need stand point.

Then again I would go with Fletcher Cox to the Rams rather than either of the WRs they tend to get so perhaps my opinion isn't to be trusted.
With Buffalo and with Buddy Nix they always seem to give some clues away. Go back to 09 when CJ Spiller was the pick despite the Bills being set at the position i was going the mock draft for Buffalo that season and correctly guessed HB. Last season it was clear the pick was going to be a DE and also Kelvin Sheppard in the third was one of the easiest mid round draft picks to guess in recent seasons. Buffalo always give away clues.
   
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump