Sunday 23 October 2016

VS  

Sunday 30 October 2016

VS  

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Cleveland Browns

Sponsored Links

Old 08.10.2017, 10:36 PM
All Pro

I can't blame Hue for going for it on 4th down as I wouldn't have trusted Gonzalez to start a game of "Kick the can".

Much better team performance which was ultimately undone by turnovers and the aforementioned kicker. Good to see Garrett get a sack on his first play
Sponsored Links
Old 11.10.2017, 08:29 PM
Pro

Evening Bruce.

I haven't posted for a while but I'm back now so you've finally got the only other UK Browns fan to have a moan with. My thoughts:

- Wide receivers have been awful this season

- That said, Kizer had made some peculiar decisions. That's to be expected of a rookie and I think benching him is for the best. Worst comes to worst, we are back in the same position and we draft Darnold or Rosen in April.

- I really thought that this could be a 4-6 win season but two of those are games that we have lost already. This is clearly going to be a long, LONG term project and we need to stick with the boys.

- I feel like a positive season now would be us getting the win on the final day at Baked Bean field to send Big Ben into retirement
Old 11.10.2017, 11:03 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrGoatum View Post
Evening Bruce.

I haven't posted for a while but I'm back now so you've finally got the only other UK Browns fan to have a moan with. My thoughts:

- Wide receivers have been awful this season

- That said, Kizer had made some peculiar decisions. That's to be expected of a rookie and I think benching him is for the best. Worst comes to worst, we are back in the same position and we draft Darnold or Rosen in April.

- I really thought that this could be a 4-6 win season but two of those are games that we have lost already. This is clearly going to be a long, LONG term project and we need to stick with the boys.

- I feel like a positive season now would be us getting the win on the final day at Baked Bean field to send Big Ben into retirement
Yo!
That would indeed be the dream scenario. The only game I couldn't find myself being a gracious loser in was the Steelers game. The only better scenario would be if our 'win' resulted in them being knocked out of the playoffs as well
I agree with you on the WRs. I keep scanning the internet to see if Josh has been reinstated. For sure, they would now jump at the chance of him in light of the performances this season. I agree with giving Hogan the nod and really think Hue's hand was forced given his job security. I really would like him to get at least 3 years but preferably 4 . Unfortunately, I'm not sure how much good will is to be had.
Have you been in touch with Browns Backers about the fan night on the eve of Vikings game?
Old 12.10.2017, 11:40 AM
All Pro

I was also wondering about next year's Draft. If things continue to go South this season, do you think we need to go for play makers for helping Kizer out, or do we go for another punt at a top 2 QB? The second scenario wouldn't be a straight give up on Kizer as if both QBs ended up working out, we could use the one we rate second as trade bait.
Either way it looks like we need to do something at WR, and we can't forget Joe wont be playing much longer
Old 12.10.2017, 01:23 PM
Pro

I haven't spoken to the Browns backers as I have a big family doo that weekend so I'm not attending. Gutted.

I personally think we get the QB. Kizer was drafted with the 52nd pick so anything we get out of him is a bonus. I think we need to be realistic and not expect too much out of him.

To be fair I haven't heard a great amount about anybody other than QB's for next year.

I believe in this defence (with the right coaching) and I think we just need a competent QB and a fit Coleman (along with Njoku) to make a nice offence
Old 12.10.2017, 02:26 PM
All Pro

Quote:
I haven't spoken to the Browns backers as I have a big family doo that weekend so I'm not attending. Gutted.

I personally think we get the QB. Kizer was drafted with the 52nd pick so anything we get out of him is a bonus. I think we need to be realistic and not expect too much out of him.

To be fair I haven't heard a great amount about anybody other than QB's for next year.

I believe in this defence (with the right coaching) and I think we just need a competent QB and a fit Coleman (along with Njoku) to make a nice offence
That's a shame. It would have been good to hook up.

With Coleman, I'm a bit nervous because he hasn't been available for us that much. Njoku seems to have taken a step in the right direction and I am relieved as , I was worried the front office had been too smart in getting rid of Barnidge so quickly.
What I am especially pleased with is Duke's play. Previously we have seen players with us lauded and then move on having not shown much. At their new stop they then live up to their billing. I'm not sure with Duke if this year he is being used differently or given more of a chance. He has been a real bright spot
Old 16.10.2017, 04:41 PM
Pro

Duke has been one of the few bright spots, I agree.

Sunday was a hard watch and I even let the missus put Strictly on mid-way through the 3rd quarter as our offensive play was so depressing.

We desperately need that bye week to take stock and sort out our QB situation.

Surely Kaepernick is worth a call?
Old Yesterday, 10:28 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Duke has been one of the few bright spots, I agree.

Sunday was a hard watch and I even let the missus put Strictly on mid-way through the 3rd quarter as our offensive play was so depressing.

We desperately need that bye week to take stock and sort out our QB situation.

Surely Kaepernick is worth a call?
At one point, I went through to watch Strictly with my wife! She was watching a version of Australia's Top Catwalk model though, so I regrouped back at the game
CBD was a tough show on Monday. I used to love it 'cause the fans used to phone in and give it lalldy on the team, now it's Nathan and Matt getting stuck in and the callers defending the team.
Sounds like, and it would make sense if, Kizer will get the nod for the rest of the season. I think Hue saw the real possibility of a 0-16 if he stuck with Kizer and so he made the change. When Hogan morphed into a fully-fledged Browns QB, he must think it's better to find out exactly what we have with Kizer.