Sunday 23 October 2016

VS  

Sunday 30 October 2016

VS  

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Los Angeles Chargers

Sponsored Links

Old 07.03.2017, 07:31 PM
MVP

For those that still care the Chargers released Fluker Flowers and Johnson today. All the correct decision and combined creates 19 million in cap space.

Added to the 5 we had left and we have a healthy 24 million free
Sponsored Links
Old 07.03.2017, 07:40 PM
MVP

Thoughts on FA?

On offence I'd like to see Woodhead retained. Although I read rumours of the Broncos. I think Gordon showed he can play every down and Oliver should be back but if Woodhead goes maybe a replacement.

I'd resign Inman to compliment Allen Benjamin and Williams unless there's a better 4th choice WR out there but Inman played well this year.

Those 2 aside on the offence I only see a need for offensive linemen and as many as we can find in FA and the draft. Be interesting whether they plan on using Tuerk Pulley and is it Turwell next year? As the latter 2 did just as well as anyone on the roster!

Defensively we need safety help. I'd imagine safety is where we go if we stay at 7 but if Addae walks (anyone bothered about that?) We need help.

I feel this team always needs corners and this year is no different!! Not alot behind Verrett and Hayward.

I'd let Te'o walk as I think Perryman Toomer Brown and Perry are better options but that said moving to a 4-3 we probably need a 5th option there but no need for it to be Te'o.

Maybe some depth on the D line?

Not too many glaring holes outside of oline, safety and corner depth though
Old 08.03.2017, 08:00 PM
MVP

Chargers re sign Addae

That's bad enough. Then I saw the contract they gave him. Urgh. From memory it's a 4 year 22 million deal with 8 guaranteed

For a safety that's useless and oft injured?

Not a good move Telesco. For every good move Telesco makes, there a bad one to compliment it. Urgh
Old 12.03.2017, 01:55 PM
All Pro

Addae on a ridiculous contract and now Okung on a down year getting a ridiculous contract......

This Free Agency is just making me feel worse, I can't stand the Chargers at the moment, it could be the end with this LA move.
Old 21.03.2017, 01:54 PM
Pro

Kenjon Barner.....er ok. Not someone I can pretend to know much about.

Palepoi being resigned I can live with....Wiggins though?!
Old 17.04.2017, 10:47 AM
Team Captain

Any thoughts on the draft next week?

Safety and QB seemed to be getting a lot of discussion.

Hooker seems the player linked with the Chargers the most if he doesn't go before 7.

Can't say I know to much on the College scene, would be good to get a QB but definitely not at 7 for me - would be a wasted pick in my eyes right now.
Old 17.04.2017, 06:01 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenboy87 View Post
Any thoughts on the draft next week?

Safety and QB seemed to be getting a lot of discussion.

Hooker seems the player linked with the Chargers the most if he doesn't go before 7.

Can't say I know to much on the College scene, would be good to get a QB but definitely not at 7 for me - would be a wasted pick in my eyes right now.
If the Chargers take one of those QB's at #7, Telesco should be shot!

Jamal Adams or Malik Hooker would make a lot of sense, although there's no guarantee either is there when you pick. It also wouldn't surprise me if you took one of the WR's or Jonathan Allen...
Old 17.04.2017, 06:20 PM
Hall of Fame

I think Deshaun Watson could be a very marketable QB in LA. On the flip side the Chargers need to make a winning start to life in LA so drafting a player to hold a clipboard doesn't exactly tie in.

Certainly another interesting pick to figure out though.
Old 18.04.2017, 12:29 PM
Pro

Think we should trade down to the Browns 12 pick if possible.
Makes sense for a whole lot of reasons...if the QB they want is still available, if we aren't massively in love with someone...they have a whole raft of picks to trade. Should still be very decent safeties available at 12. Of course it all depends on what happens before us and if they lose the plot and don't draft Garrett and go for a QB at 1.
Old 25.04.2017, 04:09 PM
Team Captain

I think as alot of the Chargers writers / fans mention Telesco does not consider Safety a high priority position and the fact he has signed up Addae makes me also question whether we are going to make that our number 1 priority.

If we could make a trade with Cleveland I would be happy with that, we have plenty of needs to address on the OL, Safety, DE, WR so the picks will come in handy if used as well as last year.

Enjoyed listening to the Lightning Round Podcast (BFTB) – certainly provided a good run down on each of the players as well as their own mock draft.

Looking forward to seeing what we do on Friday morning!