Kickoff times and dates for all 2017 London Games announced - Page 5 - NFL UK Forums
Watch NFL International Games Live!

Sunday 2 October 2016

VS  

Sunday 23 October 2016

VS  

Sunday 30 October 2016

VS  

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2017 London Games

Sponsored Links

Old 21.04.2017, 12:32 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyshaps View Post
A 6pm Twickenham game. Can't say I'm surprised as it's West Coast teams but yowser, that'll be fun! Anyone not able to get the Monday off work and staying over will be getting home at circa 3am if they live outside the M25!
i live outside the M25 and got home from the Giants game in less time than i do from Wembley (i park and get tube the last bit going to Wembley)
Sponsored Links
Old 21.04.2017, 06:37 PM
Pro

Not according to the Manchester city council website ..half term is Monday 23 October till Friday 27th....
Old 21.04.2017, 08:43 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfcBOli27 View Post
i live outside the M25 and got home from the Giants game in less time than i do from Wembley (i park and get tube the last bit going to Wembley)
Similar for me. Since reading other tales on here I think I hit some kind of sweet spot or got massively lucky. The busses to Richmond were brilliant and then over ground line was empty for my connection to the mainline. I don't know if the later time will effect me. Tbh the bigger issue for me is watching less of the other games that week.
Old 22.04.2017, 07:14 AM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luton_Niner View Post
Similar for me. Since reading other tales on here I think I hit some kind of sweet spot or got massively lucky. The busses to Richmond were brilliant and then over ground line was empty for my connection to the mainline. I don't know if the later time will effect me. Tbh the bigger issue for me is watching less of the other games that week.
The rail line which completely buckles under crowds from Twickenham is the Richmond, Twickenham, Clapham Junction to Waterloo as that is the route most want and I would have to go.

As you say Overground from Richmond to Willesden Junction is no problem. Neither is going west on South West Trains, so towards Reading rather than Waterloo.
Old 22.04.2017, 07:21 AM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennny View Post
Not according to the Manchester city council website ..half term is Monday 23 October till Friday 27th....
I think virtually every school in England has the last week off in October as half term as that can be a fixed date as they know number of weeks to Christmas.

What you may find though is the following Monday 30th is also a holiday as it's one of the popular days to choose as a teacher training day so children off but not teachers. This applies to my niece in Sussex this year. I think schools have 6-7 days of these a year and the schools can choose when to take them independently but they always tend to add at the start or end of a holiday as it makes it easier for parents to plan than a random day mid term.
Old 22.04.2017, 09:28 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcy30 View Post
I think virtually every school in England has the last week off in October as half term as that can be a fixed date as they know number of weeks to Christmas.

What you may find though is the following Monday 30th is also a holiday as it's one of the popular days to choose as a teacher training day so children off but not teachers. This applies to my niece in Sussex this year. I think schools have 6-7 days of these a year and the schools can choose when to take them independently but they always tend to add at the start or end of a holiday as it makes it easier for parents to plan than a random day mid term.
All children must be in school for 190 days of the year (although a few years back Prince william's wedding gave them an extra day off!) Schools can take 5 extra days as inset.
Old 24.04.2017, 07:01 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcy30 View Post

I know one school in Essex that did a really good thing: they scheduled all 5 days in the same week in June or July, effectively giving the kids an extra week off. It allowed parents to go off on holiday with their kids at a time when the weather should be nice and - best of all - when prices were cheaper as the usual school holiday price rise didn't apply.

Back on topic... it's nice that there is a mixture. It's only fair that LA-Arizona kicks off later. An early kick off means 6:30am local time in the two markets where the teams are from. That's not on in my view, especially for the home team. If a 6pm kick off is too much for you to go, then don't go - there are 3 other games to choose from. American fans have to deal with 8:30pm kick offs on Sundays, Mondays and Thursdays, on Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year's Eve. Which puts one 6pm on a Sunday in October into perspective.