VS  

Sunday 30 October 2016

VS  

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Los Angeles Chargers

Sponsored Links

Old 11.09.2017, 06:27 PM
Starter

Send a message via MSN to sjhowey

So how is everyone feeling about the start of the season? I've gotten say, personally I am more concerned about how I'll gonna feel watching the team, more so than the actual results. Some of marketing/pr crap over the last few months has been damn right embarrassing. I have yet to decide if 0-16 will be worth hoping for to get spanos out the door. My head says we'll hover around .500 for much of the season with no considerable losing/winning streaks.
Sponsored Links
Old 12.09.2017, 11:27 AM
Pro Bowler

Really don't know why I do it to myself, waking up at 3am - only to lose as we always seem to lose!

Poor for near enough the whole game until the last 8 minutes and looked like we would force OT only to be left disappointed with a blocked FG!

Offensive play was slow, very predictable for the most part I felt - 2 running plays and then Rivers would throw.

Bosa (not the first half) and Ingram looked impressive in the 2nd half.

Hayward should have had a pick 6 which seem to then lead to a downward spiral of poor play across the team following that.

Just a typically frustrating game, not a great deal seemed to change from last year which is worrying - appreciate a lot of issues to solve but doesn't feel like we have made much progress.

Anyway 3 home games to come, wins are needed in at least 2 of them I would say.
Old 12.09.2017, 01:01 PM
Starter

Send a message via MSN to sjhowey

spot on assessment above -

I enjoyed the game still, felt like the SD Chargers . Nice to see a positive attitude in the 4th for a change, just a shame we weren't a little more balanced earlier on.

Looks like we're going to throw up 16 roller-coaster rides again, sit back and try to enjoy!
Old 12.09.2017, 06:40 PM
MVP

In Portugal so didn't watch the whole game but have seen the highlights and read reports etc.

Seems like it's a new city same chargers really. Same mistakes. Still play lethargic at times and yet play like contenders the next. Just pure frustration.

Don't know why Henry wasn't used. I know Lynn has admitted it was a mistake to go away from Gordon too.

Was a poor performance. Played better (and worse) under both norv and McCoy. That's not a dog at Lynn as he will need time but not an enthralling start.

Gotta make the next 3 home games count
Old 18.09.2017, 12:04 AM
MVP

New year new city same chargers
Old 27.09.2017, 01:01 PM
Pro

Sunday felt like the beginning of the end of an era.

The defence turned up big time. Ingram/Bosa/Philon/Mccain looked really good on the whole.
Even the offensive line played really well.
Gordon played well.

Rivers....well he did what hes been doing for a fair while now. Panicked and threw bad passes. He had SO much time on 90% passing plays and missed empty receivers time and time again because he was already locked onto someone else who was covered.

It's not nice to write this but...2018 draft we need to go for a QB round 1.
The clock is ticking on Rivers.

Also needed: STILL need a safety (Boston isn't doing much more than Lowery did), need a new corner as Verrett is not going to stay healthy and probably need a DT as Mebane is getting on. LB is an obvious need as well. Thank god for Jatavis Brown.

It could be a false dawn but the O-line is looking good and we still have Lamp to step into it (and hopefully Feeney starts to shine a bit too). Still look stacked on receivers (especially when Mike Williams gets phased in).

Hopefully Henry gets the ball a bit more vs the Eagles.
Old 02.10.2017, 09:46 PM
All Pro

My thoughts on the Chargers week 4 game, appreciate any feedback. Wish we could win one...https://t.co/9t4pBicnwK
Old 16.10.2017, 12:03 PM
Pro

Well that was better. Still another scruffy win but they all count. Carr clearly wasn't at his best. If we can sort the run defence out we could have a decent 2nd half of the season.
We need to use Hunter Henry more he's such a dangerous weapon.
Old 16.10.2017, 01:01 PM
MVP

Always a pleasure to beat the Raiders