Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Sponsored Links

Old 23.03.2017, 04:34 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by iffies View Post
New stadium for Everton a step closer.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...yside-39356244
Hope it gets sorted, this stuff has been rumbling for them for what, 15 years?

---

Diafra Sakho injured for the rest of the season. So disappointing, his first season (when he was fit for most/all of it) he was a great player and because of his relentless high-pressing style it forced Allardyce to change his tactics and both he and Valencia were a great pairing, we played some great stuff in the first half of that season.

He almost went to WBA in August but they pulled out of the deal as "he wasn't going to be ready for the start of the season" which even then quite clearly wasn't the entire truth since you wouldn't pull out of a £15m upgrade if he was only going to miss a couple of games.

Since that last half season under Allardyce though he's barely played, best part of two years now on the sidelines. Surely he's got to be thinking about doing something differently or even retirement.
Sponsored Links
Old 23.03.2017, 08:57 PM
MVP

Quote:
would be good for the team to finally get there new stadium sorted after a couple of false starts.

vote tonight with Brent Council that should decide if spurs move to wembley next year.spurs wanted the number of full house events increased by up to 37 to cover every possible spurs home game in 2017/18 but looks like the number will be nearer 22 meaning some games may be played with only 55,000 capacity with the upper level closed.

if the wembley deal falls through spurs will delay leaving White Hart Lane for another year.
Old 25.03.2017, 07:55 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Although the BBC report doesn't show any mock-ups of the intended new stadium, I have seen them elsewhere, and it doesn't look half bad.
Incidentally, there was an article somewhere on the internet that had pictures of intended stadia that were never made for one reason or another, and one of the proposals had stadia for Liverpool and Everton, and they were linked to each other. Let me just repeat and emphasise - one stadium for Liverpool, one stadium for Everton, both effectively joined at the hip. Such an audacious and frankly ludicrous suggestion would have involved the total redevelopment and inherent destruction of Stanley Park. (Speaking as a non-Liverpudlian, I cannot understand Liverpool City Council's enmity against Stanley Park.)
Anyway, other highlights of this article included Chelsea's reworking of Battersea Power Station (looks good, but totally unworkable) and Barcelona's proposed stadium which would have been at the end of a man-made spit of reclaimed land. Madness.
Old 25.03.2017, 08:26 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBPacker View Post
Although the BBC report doesn't show any mock-ups of the intended new stadium, I have seen them elsewhere, and it doesn't look half bad.
Incidentally, there was an article somewhere on the internet that had pictures of intended stadia that were never made for one reason or another, and one of the proposals had stadia for Liverpool and Everton, and they were linked to each other. Let me just repeat and emphasise - one stadium for Liverpool, one stadium for Everton, both effectively joined at the hip. Such an audacious and frankly ludicrous suggestion would have involved the total redevelopment and inherent destruction of Stanley Park. (Speaking as a non-Liverpudlian, I cannot understand Liverpool City Council's enmity against Stanley Park.)
Anyway, other highlights of this article included Chelsea's reworking of Battersea Power Station (looks good, but totally unworkable) and Barcelona's proposed stadium which would have been at the end of a man-made spit of reclaimed land. Madness.
have you seen the design for the new stamford bridge,looks ugly.

never understand why Liverpool/Everton could not get a ground share.they are the one sets of UK local rivals where the fans seem to be able to co-exist.they sit with each other at derby games without fights breaking out.
Old 26.03.2017, 09:04 AM
All Pro

I'm pretty sure the authorities would be against non segregation in the premier league.
Even the conference national insist on segregation even with some crowds being below 200.
Old 26.03.2017, 09:41 AM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattchew View Post
I'm pretty sure the authorities would be against non segregation in the premier league.
Even the conference national insist on segregation even with some crowds being below 200.

i agree.

on non-league of course you need it with fellas like this about
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAhE***62-I

stupid word filter censoring f u q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAhEF u q62-I

Last edited by goodkarma84; 26.03.2017 at 09:45 AM.
Old 28.03.2017, 07:52 PM
MVP

Man city fined £35k for failing to control there players during the liverpool game a week ago.wow these massive fines are going to play havoc with Pep's summer spending budget.

Man Utd have some injury's going forward.Phil Jones and Chris Smalling got dinged up with england.Smalling may have broken one of Jone's toes.
Old 28.03.2017, 08:24 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
Man city fined £35k for failing to control there players during the liverpool game a week ago.wow these massive fines are going to play havoc with Pep's summer spending budget.

Man Utd have some injury's going forward.Phil Jones and Chris Smalling got dinged up with england.Smalling may have broken one of Jone's toes.
You talk about Jones being out like it's a bad thing...

Also Everton's new stadium might have to be built on stilts, as some prof has figured out that if global warming carries on at its current rate the Mersey will be 2 metres higher than it is now by the year 2100.
Old 28.03.2017, 09:29 PM
MVP

Quote:
You talk about Jones being out like it's a bad thing...
think poor Jose is going to need everyone,there fixture backlog is terrible.sure we will hear plenty of complaints about the premier league not helping United in europe.

Tags
better than istanbul , cardiff are going down , crystanbul , dumb predictions r us , joses always crying , rodgersspecalistinfailure , sunderland are cheats , swansea are going down. , swansea town=down , team news spies , the fix is in , utd fans = easy targets