VS  

Sunday 30 October 2016

VS  

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Arizona Cardinals

Sponsored Links

Old 09.02.2017, 08:29 PM
Starter

Default Watching a game in Phoenix

Hope you don't mind a Seahawk posting here!

I am visiting Arizona and Utah in October and November and am hoping to catch a football game while I am there. I have never seen a game in the US so hoping someone here has been and can help me out.

Are single game tickets available from the cards / ticketmaster within a few days of the schedule being released or will I have to wait?

My flight home leaves Phoenix on Sunday evening with check-in closing at 19:40 would it be feasible to go that day (if so and the game is switched to the evening game would I be able to sell my ticket on?)

Is it best to go by car or public transport?

To try and keep the cost reasonable I was thinking top tier on the side of the pitch but not central (say level with the red zone) would I get a good view from there?

If I get lucky and the Seahawks are in town would I be able to sit with other away fans (if so where is the away section?)

If the cards proves impossible any advise about the Sun Devils? I don't follow college football so how different is it to the NFL?
Sponsored Links
Old 14.02.2017, 11:02 AM
Pro

Hi,

I went to a game November gone while I was on holiday in the USA, I can help with some of your questions but not all.

Tickets are available on ticketmaster. I signed up for the US ticket master and managed to get 2 tickets. I cant't remember the date they went on sale. I will be able to do some digging and find out for you but I'm at work at the moment. They sold the tickets (left after season ticket sales) to only arizona residents for the first 2 hours and then general sale for the rest. There wasn't loads of choice left for 2 together which we were looking for but we got them for about $100 each.

In terms of the view I did a stadium tour the day before the game (highly recommended and reasonably priced from what I remember) and we saw the stadium from various angles and positions and all the views seemed good then. There isn't really an away section.

We got to the stadium via public transport but when we were looking the links didn't seem great we had to get a hotel in quite a specific area to get the bus.

With the times to get back for your flight I'm unsure of the distance and time for travelling to the airport from the stadium.

Again with the college football I'm not sure ow this would work as I didn't got to a college game.

Hope this helps.
Old 14.02.2017, 11:20 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jegpeg View Post
If the cards proves impossible any advise about the Sun Devils? I don't follow college football so how different is it to the NFL?
Catching a game should be easy enough although tickets aren't on sale yet - the Sun Devils have a number of home games over that period.

The stadium (and university campus) are located right by a stop on the valley metro - the local light railway system. Tempe is only a few stops from central Phoenix (assuming you're staying there) so it's not a big journey.

If you're at all interested in baseball the Arizona fall league should have started too. The league is based in the greater Phoenix area and is made up of young up and coming players from the major league teams.
Old 15.02.2017, 08:44 PM
Starter

Assuming the first bus back after the game turns up (my one didn't and they were every hour) you should make check in easily. It's a long long journey though, looking around 1.5/2 hours to the airport.
Old 22.02.2017, 08:25 PM
Starter

Thanks for all the replies. Sorry for the slow response had had to go away for a week and had no internet access.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanPrior View Post
Assuming the first bus back after the game turns up (my one didn't and they were every hour) you should make check in easily. It's a long long journey though, looking around 1.5/2 hours to the airport.
I found that a contradiction. I was expecting kick-off to be either 2:05 or 2:20 allowing for 3 hours for the game (which could be tight) would mean a finish about 5:20. Two hours to the airport would leave things tight (especially given I would have to leave my luggage somewhere probably my hotel). I'm thinking it would be better to hire a car for the day and leave my stuff in the trunk.
Old 22.06.2017, 04:48 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jegpeg View Post
Thanks for all the replies. Sorry for the slow response had had to go away for a week and had no internet access.

I found that a contradiction. I was expecting kick-off to be either 2:05 or 2:20 allowing for 3 hours for the game (which could be tight) would mean a finish about 5:20. Two hours to the airport would leave things tight (especially given I would have to leave my luggage somewhere probably my hotel). I'm thinking it would be better to hire a car for the day and leave my stuff in the trunk.
I am very late to this thread so you have probably made your plans already, but in case your haven't:

There is no 'home' or 'away' section. Technically the away side is the one behind the away team's bench, so that's where most sit.

Getting out of Glendale after a game can be a real nightmare, especially if there is an accident along the way. You can make it to the airport in that time, but then might not, it is a risk. There are hotels next to the stadium.

Phoenix is not all that friendly when it comes to public transport; if you wish to have some freedom when you are here, hire a car.

College football is a lot of fun. The Sun Devils as others have said, are in Tempe. Their stadium is outdoors so try and sit on the home side because it get the shade faster. The sun can still be intense at that time of year. The quality of the football will depend who they are playing as will the price of tickets. If you have a car, you can park at the stadium. If you get there earlier, you can explore Mill Ave which is pedestrian friendly with lots of restaurants and a few bars.

Happy to help if you have any Phx/AZ related questions.