VS  

Sunday 30 October 2016

VS  

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Detroit Lions

Sponsored Links

Old 16.03.2017, 03:09 PM
Pro

Default Draft 2017

Straight to the point, who/what positions do you think the Lions go for in the draft?
For me, with the "big" free agency signings spent mainly on the O line we must be aiming to draft a few solid defensive players. We need to strengthen up front, LB and CB wouldn't go amiss either.

Any thoughts on which you think we target first? Any particular players?

I see a few articles and mock drafts have us down for Taco Charlton. I'd be happy with that, could form a good partnership with Ziggy.

Last edited by chriscorlett32; 16.03.2017 at 03:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 21.03.2017, 10:47 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscorlett32 View Post
Straight to the point, who/what positions do you think the Lions go for in the draft?
For me, with the "big" free agency signings spent mainly on the O line we must be aiming to draft a few solid defensive players. We need to strengthen up front, LB and CB wouldn't go amiss either.

Any thoughts on which you think we target first? Any particular players?

I see a few articles and mock drafts have us down for Taco Charlton. I'd be happy with that, could form a good partnership with Ziggy.
I was hoping Sidney Jones would be around at 21 which was becoming increasingly unlikely until his injury and now think we will have to pass but it might be worth a risk if he's still there in the 2nd & the alternatives are limited otherwise you'd have to hope he slips to the 3rd which if he does would suggest the injury may not be recoverable from.

I'm going to be happy if they get impact players in the first 3 rounds whatever the position. If Cook is still there I wouldn't complain if we selected him but would expect a DE given the way most Mocks are anticipating things. I like the idea of selecting players with ties to the region whether in the Draft or via FA so Charlton would be ok with me as would Wormley a bit later. I still think Peppers is going to be a major success in the NFL but am starting to think teams will pass on him through the 1st Rd and that he'll be gone by the time our 2nd Rd pick comes around.

So for me it's QB hitters in first 3 rounds unless there is serious value with a surprise faller in RB or CB positions. I think the later rounds we should focus on roster depth on the D-Line & LB spots.
Old 31.03.2017, 09:10 AM
Rookie

Obviously defense has to be the focus. I would imagine Quinn would take the best pass rusher available at 21, so which of Taco Charlton, Charles Harris or maybe even Takkarist McKinley (although McKinley will be there). LB is also a desperate need so I would not rule out Haason Reddick who should be available. Round 2 will most likely be LB as they have nothing on the roster there. After that, who knows. Secondary is a big need, but I would not be surprised if Quinn goes for a skilled player, especially as there is a need at RB and WR. If Joe Mixon is available in Round 3 I think Quinn will take him.