Sunday 23 October 2016

VS  

Sunday 30 October 2016

VS  

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Jacksonville Jaguars

Sponsored Links

Old 12.03.2017, 10:45 PM
MVP

So that's all of the 2013 Draft Class gone then.

Big Sen'Derick has been cut and Roy Miller has been released too. Seeing as Campbell had been given No 93 I guess Tyson Alulau is off too?
Sponsored Links
Old 13.03.2017, 03:51 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedal Bin View Post
So that's all of the 2013 Draft Class gone then.

Big Sen'Derick has been cut and Roy Miller has been released too. Seeing as Campbell had been given No 93 I guess Tyson Alulau is off too?
It's a shame to see Marks and Miller go but they weren't what they were and the moves we are making are definitely upgrades.

So it's taken me 3 months to get over that season, as demoralising as I can remember, and us Jags fans know that's a hefty list. I loved the Coughlin pick up but I couldn't get excited by all the right words and talk of moving forward.

I must say though, the moves we have made in FA certainly give the look we want to compete now. Campbell is a quality addition, not just on the field but off. Huge character and will demand from the youngsters. Nice to have a bit of experience as that seems to be a big hole we have. Bouye had a fantastic year last season and if he can carry that on, with Ramsey, Gipson and Church (a definite improvement on Cup), that backfield looks scary good.

We finally have a FAB again, and have Poe visiting after he visited the Colts. He'd be a great pickup for depth on a 1 year deal, only 26 but give him a prove it year. Hoped we'd get some O-line help but the prices were crazy, Zeitler looked our best shot but he's now the highest paid guard in football.

Our D looks crazy strong.
Ngakoue, Malik, Campbell, Fowler
Jack, Poz, Telvin
Ramsey Gipson Church Bouye

The big question is Blake. Can he fix whatever the hell was wrong last season. I've never seen a player regress in one season like he did. The hope is it was just a bad year. No Romo though, most overrated player and won't stay healthy.

Cyp to the Titans had me laughing, can't wait to see him letting the WR he is covering go as he has over the top coverage before realising he's the SS work in our favour for once!! Joeckel to the Seahawks, 1yr, $8m. Guess Wilson is in for another run for your life season!!

As always, FA has given me hope again, we win at times in FA!! #4 pick in the draft, the consensus is we are going RB but there are a lot of really good D players this year, deep year they claim.
Old 13.03.2017, 07:38 PM
All Pro

In the NFLUK Mock draft I'm representing the Jaguars - Here is what I done:

With the 4th pick in the NFL 2017 draft, the JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS select...

LEONARD FOURNETTE, Running Back, LSU

Jaguars have already added key defensive players in free agency, to an already strong defense. Which means this pick is going to the offense.
QB Black Bortles is the franchise quarterback and has so much ability, but he needs a reliable running back to take the pressure off him and especially a running back who can get touchdowns to stop us being so predictable in the end zone. 3 yards Denard (Robinson) was not the man for the job. T.J Yeldon (when fit) hasn't looked like a franchise running back and doesn't drive into defenses. A man (when fit) who can drive into defenses, Chris Ivory, doesn't look like the same Running Back the New York Jets had and fumbles have been a concern.

I seriously considered Dalvin Cook, on tape, he actually looks the better running back. The majority of the experts have Fournette as the best running back in the draft. While Cook may be more explosive, I think the Jaguars will get the work horse they need in Fournette, more touchdowns and better protection for Blake.

What are your thoughts on this? Myles Garrett, Solomon Thomas and Mitchell Trubisky were unavailable.
Old 14.03.2017, 04:07 PM
MVP

Don't mind in a mock draft.
If they took a RB in the 1st I'll be livid to be honest. If Zeke is our pick last year do we see that making a real difference to the overall record? And that's possible one in a generation guy...
Old 14.03.2017, 04:18 PM
Hall of Fame

I've currently got the Jags taking Jonathan Allen at #4, although a lot of the "experts" have you taking Fournette. If there was an OL worthy of a top 5 pick in this Draft, I think the Jags would take him without hesitation...
Old 14.03.2017, 05:31 PM
MVP

We need the ability to pick a Coach or a GM at #4
Old 18.03.2017, 05:26 PM
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to andygulls1

I'd go RB at 4. Then look to strengthen the o line and pick up a tight end.
Wouldn't be adverse to trading back if possible and adding picks.
Old 18.03.2017, 09:51 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by andygulls1 View Post
I'd go RB at 4. Then look to strengthen the o line and pick up a tight end.
Wouldn't be adverse to trading back if possible and adding picks.
Makes perfect sense to me.
Old 18.03.2017, 09:53 PM
All Pro

With the 35th pick in the NFL 2017 draft, the JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS .....

Trade!

....And receive Miami Dolphins 54th, 97th and 163rd picks.

Tight Ends, O.J Howard and David Njokou, went off the board with the 9th and 18th picks.
Defensive Tackle, Malik McDowell, went with the 21st pick.
Guard, Forrest Lamp, went with the 27th pick.
Tackles, Garrett Bolles, went with the 26th pick and players traded up to get Ryan Ramczyk with the 32nd pick and Cam Robinson with the 34th pick, both turning out to be excellent trades, as otherwise I would have picked them.

I hoped one of those players would be available for the 35th pick, but it didn't go my way, so I now have a later 2nd round pick, a 3rd round and a 5th.

Have I made the right decision?
Old 20.03.2017, 05:26 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martz View Post
With the 35th pick in the NFL 2017 draft, the JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS .....

Trade!

....And receive Miami Dolphins 54th, 97th and 163rd picks.

Tight Ends, O.J Howard and David Njokou, went off the board with the 9th and 18th picks.
Defensive Tackle, Malik McDowell, went with the 21st pick.
Guard, Forrest Lamp, went with the 27th pick.
Tackles, Garrett Bolles, went with the 26th pick and players traded up to get Ryan Ramczyk with the 32nd pick and Cam Robinson with the 34th pick, both turning out to be excellent trades, as otherwise I would have picked them.

I hoped one of those players would be available for the 35th pick, but it didn't go my way, so I now have a later 2nd round pick, a 3rd round and a 5th.

Have I made the right decision?
With the 54th pick in the NFL 2017 draft, the JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS select...

DION DAWKINS, OG/OT, TEMPLE

Jacksonville Jaguars have one if, if not, the worst offensive line in the NFL. There is only one Guard (A.J Cann) on the roster that I would be happy starting and is in dire need of a player to be drafted to start. The two starting tackles, might be found with Branden Albert joining Jeremy Parnell, but competition and depth is desperately required.

Blake Bortles needs a year with a good offensive line to prove that he is the franchise quarterback. I've drafted Leonard Fournette at running back with the 4th overall pick and there would be no point in drafting a running back of his quality if there is a huge hole on the offensive line.

Dion Dawkins is the best offensive line player available with the 54th pick in my opinion. I would aim to start him at guard and should a position become available at tackle, such as an injury to Branden Albert, he'd be the best option to move across.

I hoped that one of Garrett Bolles, Forrest Lamp, Ryan Ramczyk or Cam Robinson would be available for my 35th pick, but all of those players were selected. My next choice was Dion Dawkins, who I have seen selected by the Jaguars in expert's mock drafts at 35th. I'm happy to have traded down, accumulating two more picks and still getting Dion Dawkins with this pick later in the draft.

I think the trade paid off, you guys are the best to analyse though, what do you think?

Tags
anger is an energy , anger is god , don't look back in anger , pma