Sunday 23 October 2016

VS  

Sunday 30 October 2016

VS  

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New York Jets

Sponsored Links

Old 20.03.2017, 05:19 PM
Super Moderator

Reports that we're visiting with Chase Daniel today, which suggests we minot be signing McCown? Or maybe that's just wishful thinking...
Sponsored Links
Old 20.03.2017, 05:49 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
Reports that we're visiting with Chase Daniel today, which suggests we minot be signing McCown? Or maybe that's just wishful thinking...
At some point we may actually see if Chase Daniels can play,seems to be one of the best paid back-up QB's in the league over the last 3 or 4 years.
Old 20.03.2017, 05:56 PM
MVP

Quote:
Yeah Jet said in a post earlier - McCown left without being anywhere near a deal. I just don't know why we are wasting time on the likes of him or Daniel - it feels like its taking lots of time and energy on bringing in such a poor calibre QB. These are worse than busts for me...

The likes of RGIII or Manziel have been disasters... but short term...

we are ignoring them (rightly so) for people that have achieved less/equal but over a much much longer term...

These are bad smell QBs... they have lingered in the league without ever doing anything...

Chase Daniel... 2 starts in 7 years and only feature in a total of 78 plays????

seriously what on earth is he bringing to the table?? Id rather sign a undrafted QB after the draft or one in the late rounds and take a punt on a young guy as our third back up.

Its like the FO read my report on McCown and said... "Oh you think that's bad... how about Daniel"....

All our QB struggles prove to me is that we can NEVER expand the NFL - the talent at QB is so slim... stretching it further would be a disaster.

Its like they want me wearing brown next year...
Old 21.03.2017, 12:42 AM
Super Moderator

Josh McCown is a Jet. 1 year $6m...

EDIT: Fully guaranteed, apparently. Yikes! One year to Darnold, one year to Darnold...

Last edited by wayne ellis; 21.03.2017 at 01:01 AM.
Old 21.03.2017, 09:45 AM
MVP

Quote:
Josh McCown is a Jet. 1 year $6m...

EDIT: Fully guaranteed, apparently. Yikes! One year to Darnold, one year to Darnold...
Man that is a full on sucky signing and deal.

Smith 2m to Giants... hahahahaha.... Wonder if Raiders paid 6m for EJ Manuel??

Our Front office are jokers.

Before anyone says we don't want EJ or Geno... seriously??? we have McCown... people can spin it and say that at least he wont think he will be a starter! hahaha... but seriously how is that a good thing?? our FO and roster is already full of professional losers and moaners and we pay 6m for a career loser and moaner... we might as well as signed me... I wouldn't want to start, I can lose and I'm cheaper... same age McCown too...

Seriously McCown has no upsides on Smith but loads of downsides....

This isn't a rebuild its a repeat....

Anyone who likes this deal isn't a Jet they are a Pat!

I am not on social media... are our fans liking this??

EDIT - Just saw this comment on NFL.com... brilliant stat...

"They want the same outcome every team that has had him for the last 3 years .....1st overall pick! BTW thanks Josh we really appreciate your bad play it was worth it!"

Last edited by stocksy; 21.03.2017 at 09:48 AM.
Old 21.03.2017, 05:23 PM
All Pro

McCown is fine if you are thinking he is just insurance and will only start if Petty/Hack aren't up to it at all, or there are injuries. That's way too much money and seems to indicate that he is going to start, which defeats the point of the exercise. Geno at $2m is far better value and can do the same, although a WCO, which most assume we will run, isn't playing to his strengths. EJ Manuel is just trash though, might as well grab someone off the street.
Old 21.03.2017, 07:02 PM
Starter

Personally I think 6 Million is not bad at all - we paid Fitz 12 Million last year and bar one year with us his career is almost identical to McCown!

For all his faults as a QB McCown does have Veteran leadership which both Smith and EJ don't and as others have commented he is not going to be as divisive as an RGIII, Cutler, Romo signing and a darn sight cheaper.

We have many other holes to focus on and I think thankfully this signing confirms we won't be drafting a QB this year and can focus efforts filling gaps in other areas and if we end up sucking then at least should have a nice pick in next years rich draft
Old 22.03.2017, 10:25 AM
MVP

Honestly this Veteran leadership thing is nonsense... age doesn't give you leadership skills... he is a perianal loser... Leaders in locker room, lead by example... part of the example surely has to be "Ive done it on the field" I can teach you...

Not I have failed, everywhere I have gone!

Either way like The Fitz decision last summer, we will all agree to disagree...
Old 22.03.2017, 06:18 PM
All Pro

With sending 6 people to Trubisky's pro day and now bringing him in for a visit it seems that the earlier rumours about us being interested in him would seem to be accurate. Perhaps its an elaborate smokescreen to engineer a trade down, but it does look like if we are going QB early the odds are it will be Trubisky.
Old 23.03.2017, 03:03 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetupandgo View Post
With sending 6 people to Trubisky's pro day and now bringing him in for a visit it seems that the earlier rumours about us being interested in him would seem to be accurate. Perhaps its an elaborate smokescreen to engineer a trade down, but it does look like if we are going QB early the odds are it will be Trubisky.
Must admit I like the sound of Trubisky from the scouting reports, good in the pocket and accurate in the short and intermediate range. That's two of the three core skills that all great QBs have (the 3rd being the ability to read the field).

I'm leaning towards taking Trubisky if he's there at 6. It's all very good saying we should wait for Darnold or Rosen but those guys may not even come out next year.