Sunday 23 October 2016

VS  

Sunday 30 October 2016

VS  

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Sponsored Links

Old 17.03.2017, 12:54 AM
All Pro

This is pure specualtion on my part but could Steve McClaren make a return to Boro I wonder. Seems a little too little too late. Never seen a Prem side look so blunt in attack.
Sponsored Links
Old 19.03.2017, 05:34 PM
MVP

So Hull have a player sent off for an over the top type straight leg foul yet a few hundred miles away the palace player who was more out of control and did a slightly worse version of the tackle doesn't even get a free kick given against him.

looking worse for sunderland and boro after this weekend.
Old 20.03.2017, 01:39 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
So Hull have a player sent off for an over the top type straight leg foul yet a few hundred miles away the palace player who was more out of control and did a slightly worse version of the tackle doesn't even get a free kick given against him.

looking worse for sunderland and boro after this weekend.
To be honest this will always happen, two different games at same time with two different refs.

No matter what anyone says or how many TV assistants and help a ref gets - many of the rules are subjective at best - intent is IMPOSSIBLE to prove in 95% of the case - so why intent is ever considered I will never know - I have committed some horrific fouls in my time and handled the balls many times too - yet not once have I ever intended to foul someone (Ok ok once I saw red mist and went to foul) and never meant to handle it... Yet I still think I deserved to have both handballs and free kicks given against me.

You cant really make the rules completely free of ambiguity but you can help but even when you do that itll still happen.

What really gets me is when a Ref himself doesn't keep to one understanding of a rule and changes his mind half way through the game - Commentators usually say that he was "trying to balance it out"... this is nonsense - if you make a bad decision don't try and fix it - itll make it worse. - this weekend the pundits were saying in one of the games "he gave a pen there because he still wasn't sure about the one five mins ago!"

I think if a ref starts the game with a clear set of rules and guidelines and understanding in his head he should just stick to it.

Dissent and timewasting are two that get me - they will book someone in first half early on for dissent and then allow worse and worse as the game goes on.

Timewasting similar - it never seems standard.

Also the "Play-on" thing needs addressing, I think you have to allow a longer time that you can call it back from.
Old 20.03.2017, 06:54 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocksy View Post
To be honest this will always happen, two different games at same time with two different refs.

hell i would take consistency from the same ref.

too many of them are like Oliver making random calls.
Old 20.03.2017, 08:43 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocksy View Post
ref's have a tough job and to see a tackle a full speed once and have to make a judgement which isn't always going to be exactly the same as the other premier league officials but i cant imagine a bigger difference between a red card and nothing for the same challenge and from watching the footage the Palace guy was even more of a sending off offence.

the fact that Martin Atkinson waved "play on" so saw it also means no retro-active punishment while Hull will have to appeal the Huddlestone card and the FA will probably stick with the 3 game ban.
Old 20.03.2017, 08:48 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
hell i would take consistency from the same ref.

too many of them are like Oliver making random calls.
think Oliver had a tough set of games to do this week and unlike last monday tried to let City/Liverpool play a bit more and let the same kind of challenge's that where maybe bookings where just free kicks.the Toure challenge where he caught the guy in the shoulder seemed close to a red and plenty of little pulls and grabs with no cards this time.

City charged by the FA over failing to control there players after the penalty decision,guess another whopping £20k fine coming.how will city manage.
Old 20.03.2017, 08:59 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
think Oliver had a tough set of games to do this week and unlike last monday tried to let City/Liverpool play a bit more and let the same kind of challenge's that where maybe bookings where just free kicks.the Toure challenge where he caught the guy in the shoulder seemed close to a red and plenty of little pulls and grabs with no cards this time.

City charged by the FA over failing to control there players after the penalty decision,guess another whopping £20k fine coming.how will city manage.
he did but he clearly wasnt the man for the job. also given both games, surely they should of been reffed in the same manner.

even on the blocking off, the instant booking on Monday for a player that didnt even move and yesterday there were worse ones.

he still sticks in the mind as the ref that sent off Di Maria for barely touching him and then that was it.
those random inconsistent calls really niggle me, mainly cos they get widely praised in spite of the random nature.
Old 21.03.2017, 02:09 AM
All Pro

good riddance to clattenburg. he probably thought he'd get empathy but obviously not haha.

arguments with decisions needs changed. it can be done better and quicker than NFL style.
manager's challenges. video. all should and could be done (and included in both codes) within a minute in the premier league, and american football, with proper dedication to the matter.
Old 22.03.2017, 12:09 PM
Starter

R.I.P Ronnie Moran
Might not man much outside of Liverpool but the guy was a major part of the club for nearly 50 years. From player,to coach,ass manager to caretaker. Through all the clubs success post war through the rise from the 2nd division to being the best team in Europe through the late 70s to mid 80s. Great one club man
Old 23.03.2017, 03:40 PM
All Pro

New stadium for Everton a step closer.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...yside-39356244

Tags
better than istanbul , cardiff are going down , crystanbul , dumb predictions r us , joses always crying , rodgersspecalistinfailure , sunderland are cheats , swansea are going down. , swansea town=down , team news spies , the fix is in , utd fans = easy targets