Sunday 23 October 2016

VS  

Sunday 30 October 2016

VS  

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NCAA College Football

Sponsored Links

Old 20.03.2017, 09:47 PM
All Pro

With the 56th pick of the 2017 NFL Draft, the Oakland Raiders select...

Montravius Adams, DT, Auburn

How is it possible for a team with Khalil Mack and Bruce Irvin on the edge to have a league low 25 team sacks? By being softer than...a very soft thing in the middle of the DLine. Adams will hopefully provide some interior pass rush. Some concerns about consistency but has the versatility to play in a number of positions in a variety of fronts, probably just as well as I have no idea what direction the Raiders will go with the addition of Pagano to the coaching staff.
Sponsored Links
Old 20.03.2017, 10:12 PM
All Pro

With the 57th pick in the 2017 NFLUK draft, the Bills of Buffalo select.......

Budda Baker, Safety, Washington

This is an opportunist trade up, I had Baker as a last 1st round grade, and was surprised he fell to 44, but my heart ruled my head and I went for Mahomes, but now it just represents too good a value to turn down.

Baker is an instinctive player, he has the vision to be a day 1 starter in centre field, which fits perfectly with McDermotts scheme, but also the versatility to play in the slot. He offers blitzing potential and a power beyond his size. His versatility means along with the free agency signings like Micah Hyde the Bills can shape their secondary in many different ways

Baker really shouldnt have fallen, but even with only 6 picks, eventually it became too good a deal to turn down giving one up
Old 20.03.2017, 10:35 PM
Pro

With the 58th pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, the Seattle Seahawks pick

Kevin King, CB, Washington

Another one I wasn't expecting to drop to this position. Had another plan but I can't not pick one of my favourite Huskies.
Tall, long and explosive. Just what Seattle needs opposite Sherman.
Old 20.03.2017, 11:05 PM
Rookie

With the 59th pick in the draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select:

WR - Isaiah "Zay" Jones, East Carolina

Much like last year where I had Michael Thomas as the top rated wide-out in the 2016 class, I think the mainstream analysts have it wrong again with their consensus view for top receivers.

Zay's workout at the combine confirmed the athleticism he displays on tape. That physical make-up combined with a natural set of hands, solid route development and a sound work ethic gives Jones a well rounded resume. He has the highest ceiling of any receiver in this class.
Old 20.03.2017, 11:34 PM
Team Captain

With the 60th pick of the 2017 mock draft, the Dallas Cowboys select, Jourdan Lewis, CB, Michigan.

Gone for another CB as the Cowboys still haven't addressed the departures of Carr & Claibourne in free agency.

Although Lewis might not crack the first round, primarily due to his size limitations, he could wind up being a steal later on day two for a team willing to look past his shorter stature, trusting his intriguing ability to suffocate passing windows.

Last edited by Kevan1971; 21.03.2017 at 10:35 AM.
Old 21.03.2017, 12:13 AM
Pro Bowler

With the 61st pick of the 2017 draft, the Green Bay Packers select....

Demarcus Walker, OLB, Florida State

I had a 3 way competition for this pick at 2 positions. The two I discarded are maybe ranked higher on a lot of draft boards but I had some concerns over both, be it injury history or team fit. Ultimately I was sold on the production of Walker. Walker is on the big size for a 3-4 OLB but if he can reproduce his college pass rushing stats, I don't care. The size could also give the option of being able to rush from the line on some sub packages.

Last edited by markdimmock812; 21.03.2017 at 12:16 AM.
Old 21.03.2017, 09:36 AM
All Pro

With the 62nd pick of the 2017 NFL Draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers select;

Carl Lawson - Edge - Auburn

Lawson is a beast of a pass rusher. Explosive off the line with quick & heavy hands that resulted in 9 sacks last year.
Obviously his medical history is a concern but the fact that he remained healthy last year makes this pick easy here as he definitely possesses 1st round talent.
Old 21.03.2017, 11:18 AM
Pro Bowler

With the 63rd pick of the 2017 NFLUK draft, the Miami Dolphins select

Quincy Wilson, CB, Florida

Couldn't let him 'drop' any further, so another Gator stays in Florida - it is a total coincidence, I assure you!
Well, actually, it's not really as I saw a lot of him last year and he stood out for me - he is a clever ball player and has great athleticism (and is a good size). Any lack of deep speed he makes up for (or at least disguises!) with technique. He is also a good tackler and I wouldn't rule out trying him at FS as well (which is another area we could do with adding to following Abdul-Quddus unfortunate release).
Our Corner situation was all over the place last year due to injuries so adding another body to the equation was a no-brainer and happy to get a better quality one than I was expecting
Old 21.03.2017, 12:02 PM
Team Captain

With the 64th pick of the 2017 NFL Draft the Carolina Panthers select

Jordan Leggett TE Clemson

Didn't expect to take a TE just yet, but couple of the WR I was eying up had been taken just a few picks before hand, and there is another player I have my eye on but think it's too early to take him so hoping he drops

A few of you may be thinking the same though about this pick, however Leggett is a player I was fully aware of prior to this pick, I opted to go for a player I knew something about, rather than googling the top 5 rated TE and taking one of those guys purely for that reason. I had Leggett penciled in at this pick umber as well (effectively an early 3rd)

In hindsight pick was made at work and rushed, should have used more of the time to make my pick, but working till 7pm tonight would have been difficult as it is. Reviewing some stuff on Engram since maybe he should have been the pick.

But least I can say I took a guy I know about as I have done with the 2 picks before this one

Last edited by wba1990; 21.03.2017 at 10:14 PM.
Old 21.03.2017, 12:30 PM
All Pro

With the 65th pick of the 2017 NFLUK Mock Draft the Chicago Bears select:

Adoree Jackson - Cornerback : USC

Just an electric playmaker full stop. A little undersized? Possibly. Never-the-less a real threat in the return game and plus ball skills more than make up for 2 inches and 10lbs. IMO an absolute banker to play the slot and probably push whatever journeymen vets are manning the 2 starter spots.