Sunday 30 October 2016

VS  

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Oakland Raiders

Sponsored Links

Old 20.09.2017, 06:41 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by guards1656 View Post
Where's the Raiders week 3 game day thread. I can't see it.
There's a thread for the Sunday games that are on Sky (the 6pm, 9pm and SNF game).
http://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=112519
Sponsored Links
Old 21.09.2017, 08:17 AM
Team Captain

Oh right. Cheers.
Old 09.10.2017, 10:21 AM
All Pro

What's happened to our team? Rather than feeling angry or upset, the overriding emotion is just bafflement at how things have gone so far south in such a short period. You can point to the Carr injury but it goes far deeper than that. Held off a good Titans team (with Mariota) and put away a Jets team who have managed to turn things round (I guess playing the Browns helps) but since then the wheels have come off in pretty spectacular style.

The Redskins D seemed to know what plays our offense was going to call before we did, the Oline turned into a sieve and we couldn't get anything going. Fair enough, everyone has one bad game. Then we hold the Broncos to 16 points and despite losing Carr had opportunities to win - it seems we got the Jared Cook who only turns up in the playoffs and when Rodgers is throwing the ball. Lynch shows flashes but disappears (wonder if he might be on a snap count to keep him fresh?), and Amari can't catch an STD in a house of ill-repute.

We all knew that our defense was going to be Khalil Mack and ten other guys, but how easy must it be for opposing offensive co-ordinators to know that Mack is the only guy they have to gamelan for as they don't have to worry about anyone else? Irvin seems to have mailed it in, we have no linebackers (|Reggie, Del Rio and Norton being former linebackers makes it all the more confusing). Reggie Nelson is too slow, Sean Smith is so bad he has to give his receiver a 15 yard cushion on 3rd and 5 to avoid being beat deep. And what's the deal with Conley - shin splints, really? Must be the worst case of shin splints in medical history.

As for the coaching, it's early days for Downing but I'm starting to think that despite all his faults it would have been better to keep Musgrave. Norton continues to prove that he's out of his depth despite the addition of Pagano, Wade Phillips was there for the taking in the offseason. Del Rio is not immune from criticism either, some questionable calls like the fake punt against the Broncos , but turning down points when in field goal range and not going for it on 4th down to essentially seal the game for the Ravens.

But hey, it's not all doom and gloom - at least our replacement kicker is perfect on the season.

Ok, rant over. I know I said at the top I wasn't angry, but, typing all that has got me pretty miffed. On to the Chargers (gulp).
Old 09.10.2017, 01:01 PM
Team Captain

Bafflement sums it up about right. We’ve been unlucky with our top two drafts picks. I expected us to take a step back in wins this year but was still hoping for a winning season.

Im already thinking about next season. If we continue to stink out the place, what with the due re-location, expect more international games.

Surely Norton will pay the price for the lack of improvement during his tenure
Old Yesterday, 01:07 AM
All Pro

Hard to see where the next win is going to come from at this rate. The division is out of reach, wild card is highly unlikely and even a winning record would be a stretch. So disappointing after the highs of last year.

Players haven't been executing but it's becoming clear that coaching is the major issue. Musgrave has his faults but knows how to run an offense, Downing might come good in the longer term but the decision to put one of the league's top offenses in the hands of a rookie was a big mistake. Defense wasn't bad against the Chargers but the old issue of being unable to defend the tight end showed itself again at the end when we had the chance to put the game away. Del Rio's seat getting a bit warmer too I reckon.
Old Yesterday, 11:37 AM
Team Captain

My Raiders couldn’t get me a win. But here’s Super Bowl XI
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 910A473C-951C-45E8-AD0B-AEC5690637E8.jpg (20.0 KB, 1 views)