VS  

Sunday 30 October 2016

VS  

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New York Jets

Sponsored Links

Old Yesterday, 07:03 AM
MVP

Yes - that is fine.

From what I can tell - safe pick(no pun intended) and 100% starter.

No one that I'm gutted we didn't take.

Right - same again in next round please
Sponsored Links
Old Yesterday, 08:15 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocksy View Post
Yes - that is fine.

From what I can tell - safe pick(no pun intended) and 100% starter.

No one that I'm gutted we didn't take.

Right - same again in next round please
Nope, QB or Kicker for us!

I was similarly happy after the first round last year, remember how that turned out?
Old Yesterday, 10:51 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
Love the Adams pick, maybe the safest prospect in the Draft. Great tackler, quick and a team leader. I know I've said Drafting him might be the end of Pryor, but it's not out of the question to play them both.
This. To be honest once the trade was done and Fournette gone I was just screaming at the TV don't pick Lattimore. I can't see why any Jets fan will be unhappy - ranked by many as the second best player in the draft and by most as the safest pick plus it's an area of huge need.

I was torn between him and Hooker, who may be a more generational talent and is a bit more of a need, but overall we've just added a guy who's a great leader and will contribute for us for a long time.
Old Yesterday, 01:30 PM
MVP

I'm not overly excited about Adams but that's more the position rather than the prospect.

He's a bit of a rare prospect where all the scouts love him so as long as he lives up to that hype I will be happy.

Some interesting players available at the start of the 2nd round. I'd be very happy with Cam Robinson or a pass rusher.
Old Yesterday, 02:08 PM
Team Captain

Also happy enough with first pick. I would have preferred to trade down but it takes 2 to tango. In the second round I want Cam Robinson or Chidobe Awuzie. In the third Godwin WR and then Kittle TE. One or more of those guys and I will be delighted. Looking forward to another long night of exciting draft action.
Old Yesterday, 05:43 PM
Hall of Fame

Was anyone else convinced we were going to take a QB when Roger Goodell was announcing our pick?

Adams was my #3 choice for the pick, but doesn't have the red flags hanging over him that the first two (Lattimore and Hooker) have. Great player, but his character and leadership excite me just as much as his talent.

Some interesting names still on the board for day two (note: not all players I'd necessarily want us to get):

Deshone Kizer
Dalvin Cook
Joe Mixon
Alvin Kamara
D'Onta Foreman
Gerald Everett
Curtis Samuel
Adam Shaheen
Ju Ju Smith-Schuster
Zay Jones
Cam Robinson
Forrest Lamp
Pat Elflein
Malik McDowell
Tim Williams
Zack Cunningham
Fabian Moreau
Chidobe Awuzie
Sidney Jones
Cordrea Tankersley
Quincy Wilson
Kevin King
Budda Baker
Marcus Maye
Obi Melifonwu

Last edited by wayne ellis; Yesterday at 07:01 PM.
Old Yesterday, 10:14 PM
Hall of Fame

Huge night for the Jets, with 3 picks on day two. The Jamal Adams pick was one of the best of the first round, but tonight will determine how our Draft is viewed.

Whatever happens at the start of the second round, there will be a number of players available who can help us in a big way. We traditionally screw up the second round, so it would be nice to buck the trend tonight!

Should also be able to get at least one player in the third who can start or at least contribute in a big way. Also the possibility that Sheldon Richardson is traded tonight or tomorrow...
Old Yesterday, 10:35 PM
Hall of Fame

If we're starting Josh McCown this year, it might be an idea to sign Gary Barnidge on a short term deal. He was released today, and was McCown's favourite target in Cleveland...
Old Today, 01:00 AM
Hall of Fame

Marcus Maye Highlights

PICK ANALYSIS:

"This ties into the report that the Jets are looking to trade Calvin Pryor, a strong safety. And it makes you wonder about the future of Marcus Gilchrist." -- Mike Mayock

COMBINE STATS

ANALYSIS

Strengths

Ready-made safety frame with muscular build and long arms. Really instinctive with above-average field vision and feel for the game. Eyes dart back and forth from quarterback to receiver. Correlates quarterback's eyes and actions to a corresponding route and gets the early jump. Plays with good pattern recognition from both man and zone. Credited with a pass breakup or interception on more than 21 percent of his targets as a starter. Has speed to burst from sideline to sideline. Rangy tackler with in-play endurance for extended chases across field. Welcomes physical aspects of position. Sheds blockers quickly. Showed improved patience and diligence as tackler. Trustworthy as last line of defense.

Weaknesses

Despite his instincts, credited with 10 touchdowns allowed during time at Florida. Inconsistent ball tracker. Has issues playing both ball and man down the field, and can lose feel with receiver. Tape shows some issues with hip tightness. Balance can be a little spotty and he'll fight his hips when forced to transition suddenly on combination routes. Better coming downhill than playing on his heels. Missed final three games of senior season with broken arm.

Draft Projection

Round 2

NFL Comparison

Glover Quin

Bottom Line

Interchangeable safety with the instincts of a free safety and the physicality of a box player. Thrives as a downhill player and has the instincts and speed to operate effectively from both single-high and two-deep looks. Has the physical attributes and intelligence to step into a starter's role early on and will be a strong contributor on special teams.
Old Today, 03:56 AM
Hall of Fame

ArDarius Stewart Highlights

PICK ANALYSIS:

"He's a great athlete. He's a tough guy. He's gonna catch and be a running threat after the catch. Has some deep ball skills as well. He's gonna have the pedigree of a complete receiver." -- Brian Billick

COMBINE STATS

40 YARD DASH: 4.49 SEC
VERTICAL JUMP: 34.0 INCH
BROAD JUMP: 124.0 INCH

ANALYSIS

Strengths

Brings a physical play demeanor to the field at all times. Has takeoff to push cornerbacks into an aggressive backpedal. Karate fighting hands ward off jams and redirect attempts inside his route. Varies route speed to create uneasiness in defender. Sells route fakes with sharp head turns that tilt cornerbacks. Has a gas gear to race past defender and climb quickly over the top. Talented ball tracker with skills to win the deep ball on a consistent basis when matched one on one. Body control for mid-air adjustments is superb and his hands are like clamps. Very strong player and can take the ball away from corners when he needs to. Has kick return talent that translates into the NFL. Competitive runner after catch with skills that mirror a running back. Will elude certain tacklers and punish others. When asked to block and sustain, he's willing to do his part.

Weaknesses

Burly through the hips and doesn't have the build of the typical receiver. Saw 70 percent of his yardage gained come after the catch. Benefited from screens, pop passes and reverses. Routes could use more sharpness at his break points. Wasn't asked to create route separation on short and intermediate routes very often. Will need to work aggressively back to the ball as a pro. Can you get too cute with the ball in his hands and run himself out of yardage. There is still room for improvement with his hands.

Draft Projection

Rounds 2-3

Sources Tell Us

"Really like him. He's got a dog mindset and just kind of launches into everything he does. Typical Alabama player but he's on that high end of the competitive scale which is a big compliment." -- AFC executive

NFL Comparison

Chris Hogan

Bottom Line

Alabama-tough and plays the game like a grown man. Stewart is an extremely competitive target who has been a catch-and-run option as well as a deep ball threat, but he has the tools to become a solid starter who can be effective in all areas of the field. While Stewart could come in and compete for early kick return duties, some teams may view his run after the catch skills as his true value-added talent.