VS  

Sunday 30 October 2016

VS  

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Seattle Seahawks

Sponsored Links

Old 10.02.2017, 02:25 PM
Pro

Default Draft Requirements

A long way to go until the Draft, but what do you think our main Needs are in it, here are our picks;

First round: 26th pick overall.

Second round: 26th pick, 58 overall.

Third round: 26th pick, 90 overall.

Fourth round: No pick

Fifth round: No pick

Sixth round: 26th pick, 184 overall.

Seventh round: Eighth pick, 197 overall

an OT would be at the top of my list followed closely by a DT, what are everyone else's thoughts??
Sponsored Links
Old 10.02.2017, 02:45 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddyF87 View Post
A long way to go until the Draft, but what do you think our main Needs are in it, here are our picks;

First round: 26th pick overall.

Second round: 26th pick, 58 overall.

Third round: 26th pick, 90 overall.

Fourth round: No pick

Fifth round: No pick

Sixth round: 26th pick, 184 overall.

Seventh round: Eighth pick, 197 overall

an OT would be at the top of my list followed closely by a DT, what are everyone else's thoughts??
Like us, I'd say OL is a glaring need. Unfortunately, it's seen as at least one of the weakest areas in this draft class. It's possible someone like Ryan Ramczyk or Garrett Bolles could be there when you pick in R1...
Old 10.02.2017, 03:05 PM
All Pro

It's likely the Seahawks will be a given a 3rd (prob 97th or 98th overall) and a 5th (172) in comp picks. This year these picks are tradeable so it will give the Seahawks considerably more ammo.

Needs are obviously all the offensive line but there are also some other weaknesses. Linebacker needs a lot of support. Wagner and Wright are both good cover guys but offer little in the way of the blitz. The Seahawks have not replaced Irvin and need to address that earlier than most are expecting and probably needs doubling up on.

Defensive End may well be the position to invest in earlier than DT. Bennett is playing inside more and more. Avril is ageing. Reed was a R2 pick last year inside. Frank Clark seems to have stepped up but there is no one else.

As for Seahawks methods in the draft, I fully expect them to try and drop out of R1 entirely. Unless Ramscyk drops to them, there is no value at OT and there is far more value in adding considerable numbers to a team that needs numbers.
Old 13.03.2017, 02:22 PM
Rookie

Personally I hope we go BPA, certainly from watching last season and what the experts are saying this doesn't seem to be a very good draft for OL. I was really hoping we would use our cap space to go fix the OL in free agency but the best dudes have landed elsewhere and we ended up with what we 'hope' can be a good interior lineman but I am not holding my breath, he didn't exactly play well for the Jaguars but hope Cable can tune a player out of him.

DB is a big area of need IMO. Kam Chancellor has once again been putting out some questionable money tweets and I think we should cash in on him, he is not the same player he was 2 years ago, he's constantly getting beat in coverage and was even worse without Earl Thomas when he needed to step up. We should be able to get decent value for him and then go fill our secondary with young stars!

Go get Budda Baker and Kevin King, I'm a Huskies fan too so maybe a little bias but these both look like great fits for us, King is long and aggressive and would be great opposite Sherman and Baker is great he can cover, he can blitz we'd need to be picking higher than 26 to grab him so hopefully, we can shift the old moaning enforcer out and get up! Another guy for the secondary i'd love us to get is Marcus Maye from Flordia, played with Keanu Neal and last year people said if he entered the draft he'd have been picked before, he's great in coverage and damn can the boy hit! Replacement for Chancellor.

We need to solve the running back situation, Prosise and Rawls are both good players but we can't sit and hope they can play the full year when they have proved they can't. It's a good year for backs and should still be a good one around with our comp picks in the 3rd, character issues but can't deny the talent Joe Mixon might be a shout.

Need some linebackers, KPL is not cutting it and we need depth behind Wagner and KJ . I'm pretty confident Frank Clark will get even better this year and pass rushing will be ok.

Protecting Wilson is the biggest need of the team, but if the talent isn't there I don't see the point in drafted first round guys because they are the only guys there, best guy on the board every time