Sunday 23 October 2016

VS  

Sunday 30 October 2016

VS  

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New York Jets

Sponsored Links

Old 10.10.2017, 09:37 PM
Rookie

It makes sense, although I do think a strong o line is required to stop any prospect getting beat up, so wouldn't cry if we invested heavily (rounds 2-4??)

I'm still trying to get my head around the qb situation. We look like missing out on the elite qbs again, petty is a back up and Hack would need to show something special in the next off-season to be given the keys. Are we going to trade up massively? Will we throw cash at cousins? Bridgewater?? Any number of Glennon type back ups?? Been a lot simpler if we were good at sucking!
Sponsored Links
Old 12.10.2017, 01:33 PM
Starter

I think despite the recent streak we will come back to earth on Sunday and still end up picking somewhere 4-6 imo.

Of the teams who could/likely pick ahead - Browns and 49ers will like go QB, Bears I think will likely take the best Non QB in the draft and the Giants is a toss-up dependant on whether they think Eli still has a few years left or not.

So even if the Giants go QB we still end up with an opportunity to take the 4th QB off the floor...looking at the way the top prospects this year are playing it really is a toss-up between the Top 4/5 prospects and I think there is is a good possibility Mac's man is still sitting there we take him.

I don't watch a ton of College football but I like the look most of Mason Rudolph. With Darnold and Rosen stuttering this season he now could be out of reach as I am seeing No1 Projections now but still a long way to go.

The only QB "prospect" I would shudder a bit if we take is Lamar Jackson who has a Tyrod Taylor look and play about him and those type of players in my opinion flash for a few games or sometimes a season but sooner or later get found out so would prefer to not build the franchise around.
Old 12.10.2017, 08:04 PM
Rookie

Likewise, my college football knowledge is pretty much whatever Matt miller wants to tell me.

Spot on re the type of qb I hope we go for. Although I really want hackenberg to be given a shot next year regardless as he deserves a chance. Use the run game to remove pressure, invest in the o line and a #1 wr and see what he can do.