Sunday 23 October 2016

VS  

Sunday 30 October 2016

VS  

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New York Jets

Sponsored Links

Old 03.05.2017, 10:11 AM
MVP

NFL did a quick snap grade of B (same as you chaps here)...

Connor Orr just ripped us apart though and gave us C- yet gave the Pats an A... Pats traded away most its picks!

Utter nonsense... although I am not happy with our draft to say ours was the worst is nonsense, getting a player that most had down as second best player in the draft is surely a good start... admittedly stocking up a depleted roster 4 safeties are starter calibre makes little sense to me but the second safety is highly rated too... getting a starter WR in round three - again that most seem to think was cracking value where we took him and then looking down the picks all of the rest seem to be taken in the predicted and correct spots how can it be that bad...
Sponsored Links
Old 03.05.2017, 04:02 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocksy View Post
NFL did a quick snap grade of B (same as you chaps here)...

Connor Orr just ripped us apart though and gave us C- yet gave the Pats an A... Pats traded away most its picks!

Utter nonsense... although I am not happy with our draft to say ours was the worst is nonsense, getting a player that most had down as second best player in the draft is surely a good start... admittedly stocking up a depleted roster 4 safeties are starter calibre makes little sense to me but the second safety is highly rated too... getting a starter WR in round three - again that most seem to think was cracking value where we took him and then looking down the picks all of the rest seem to be taken in the predicted and correct spots how can it be that bad...
Its that needs thing we discussed a few weeks ago I think. We didn't get a QB. We didn't get OL. One roundup I saw even criticised the fact that we did little to get better next year. I see things like that and I wonder just what some so-called experts are thinking.
Old 04.05.2017, 08:25 AM
Starter

Yeah the Draft Grade thing is frankly ridcolous as for the months leading up to the draft the media bang on about talent and teams should go BPA rather than reach for need and then almost exclusively post draft grade teams based on immediate ' team needs'...I guess otherwise they would have nothing else to write about in the summer months

As others have said I will reserve judgement to see how this draft class pans out but to coin Bucky Brooks while grading based on need it is not a great class however if you go on BPA and players play up to their potential then "it could be exceptional"

While I don't expect a playoff run if we pull a couple of immediate starters from this class, the likes of Mauldin, Snell, Lee, Jenkins and a couple of our young WR core "make the leap" and stay injury free/become solid starters then I certainly don't think we have one of the worst rosters on the league and can suprise a few teams this season regardless of whether Hack/Petty step up in the QB role.
Old 04.05.2017, 02:16 PM
All Pro

What I would say about our draft picks is every single one of them has a real chance. They all have something you can look at and say OK thats something to build on. Some obviously are longer shots than others, but we drafted them appropriately too, and they clearly won't all make it. The most limited potential is probably Donoghue, but seeing through his rookie contract and being a hard ST player plus occasional pass rusher isn't a bad return on a 5th rounder. Kevin Greene apparently loved him though. The one I'm most worried about is Leggett, but when you have nothing at a position it is kind of hard to get worse too.
Old 08.05.2017, 11:51 PM
Hall of Fame

Robby Anderson's been charged with obstructing a police officer and resisting arrest. Peachy...
Old 09.05.2017, 08:36 AM
All Pro

I'm not sure there's much in this. Sounds very much like an overzealous reaction. Without knowing any details they are about as minor an arrestable offence as it is possible to have and it appears the arresting officer may have history of similar trumped up arrests. If I was a betting man I would lay odds on no charges being brought. They always over-egg the arrest charges so they have a maximum chance of making something stick. I'll wait for a few details before I start to be concerned.
Old Yesterday, 10:03 PM
Hall of Fame

The Jets have released jinxed WR Devin Smith. Gutted, as he had huge potential, but this move was sadly inevitable. Hope he goes on to make an impact somewhere...