Sunday 30 October 2016

VS  

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Announcements > New on NFLUK.com

Sponsored Links

Old 09.02.2017, 12:38 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyk26 View Post
Thanks for this, good to know. I think I will check the schedule In April to see whom is at home the weekend we are in New York and also see if the Eagles are at home and make a decision. Metlife Stadium would be the best option due to us being in New York at the time.

Pleased to hear there is not a bad seat in the house. Did you get your tickets for the Jets - Pats game through NFL Fan Exchange?
Actually make Philly top of the places I wouldn't go as an away fan! For the Jets I actually got the tickets from ticketmaster by logging on as soon as general sale started. This was 2011. For some teams this won't be possible though - perhaps including the Giants who are more popular. For Steelers home games for example there is no chance of that and you need to go to a ticket exchange website. I find the NFL Ticket Exchange to be the most expensive platform usually. There are various ones so shop around: stubhub, Ticket City. I think last time I ended up using Ticket City and got a couple of vouchers by hunting on google for $20 off or 5% off or something. They all work in the same way: they cancel the seller's ticket and email you a new ticket within minutes. A good website to use is Seat Geek: it's like Skyscanner for tickets and it shows you availability and prices via lots of different selling platforms at once (though Ticket Exchange isn't on there). Unfortunately you still can't buy via Seat Geek with non-US credit cards so use it as a comparison tool, then go straight to the provider that is selling the tickets you like best and buy from them: Ticket City, Stub Hub both accept UK cards and I think I've used another platform once as well.
Sponsored Links
Old 09.02.2017, 01:06 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by European Bob View Post
Actually make Philly top of the places I wouldn't go as an away fan! For the Jets I actually got the tickets from ticketmaster by logging on as soon as general sale started. This was 2011. For some teams this won't be possible though - perhaps including the Giants who are more popular. For Steelers home games for example there is no chance of that and you need to go to a ticket exchange website. I find the NFL Ticket Exchange to be the most expensive platform usually. There are various ones so shop around: stubhub, Ticket City. I think last time I ended up using Ticket City and got a couple of vouchers by hunting on google for $20 off or 5% off or something. They all work in the same way: they cancel the seller's ticket and email you a new ticket within minutes. A good website to use is Seat Geek: it's like Skyscanner for tickets and it shows you availability and prices via lots of different selling platforms at once (though Ticket Exchange isn't on there). Unfortunately you still can't buy via Seat Geek with non-US credit cards so use it as a comparison tool, then go straight to the provider that is selling the tickets you like best and buy from them: Ticket City, Stub Hub both accept UK cards and I think I've used another platform once as well.
Thanks again, really useful and will make sure I check out Seat Geek and Ticket City in April. Fingers crossed for a good game but can't wait to take in a NFL game in America!
Old 09.02.2017, 01:27 PM
MVP

Quote:
Thanks Voice in the Corner and European Bob for your advise, much appreciated

it's good to know about the 'challenge 40' policy they have for alcohol, will have to make sure I have ID on me. After reading your comments I think it might be best to see a Giants / Jets game as we are staying in Manhattan. I know the 49'ers have an away game at the Eagles which could be an option but my partner is a Lions fan and they have an away game @ the Giants next season which would be perfect!

When you visited Met Life Stadium, were there in particular good seats I should try to aim for? I know the NFL Fan Exchange limits my choices but didn't know if you had any tips?

Thanks again!
Make sure it's your passport, I tried using my driver's license to bye alcohol in the old Edward Jones Dome once, was refused because they apparently had no idea what a UK driving license looked like ("like that card I just handed you, you stupid idiot"), I was 27 at the time.
Old 09.02.2017, 01:57 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kw13 View Post
Make sure it's your passport, I tried using my driver's license to bye alcohol in the old Edward Jones Dome once, was refused because they apparently had no idea what a UK driving license looked like ("like that card I just handed you, you stupid idiot"), I was 27 at the time.
Thanks for the tip! My driving license photo looks nothing like me either so passport all the way!
Old 09.02.2017, 08:01 PM
Starter

Another option not mentioned is the Redskins (the 49ers are @ Washington next season). I've no idea what the stadium is like but few years ago I took the train from NYC to DC took about 3 hours (city centre to city centre quicker than flying).

I'm in a similar situation going to Arizona in October / November and hoping to catch a Cards game. (would be my football game in the US).
Old 10.02.2017, 09:23 AM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jegpeg View Post
Another option not mentioned is the Redskins (the 49ers are @ Washington next season). I've no idea what the stadium is like but few years ago I took the train from NYC to DC took about 3 hours (city centre to city centre quicker than flying).

I'm in a similar situation going to Arizona in October / November and hoping to catch a Cards game. (would be my football game in the US).
Thanks Jegpeg. Yeah, I did have a look at the Redskins as an option and know Baltimore isn't far either. If the schedule falls perfectly for when I am in New York I might have a look but 3 hours each way might be a bit far but will keep my options open
Old 20.02.2017, 01:25 AM
All Pro

Thumbs up Watching a NFL Game in America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jegpeg View Post

Quote:
Thanks Jegpeg. Yeah, I did have a look at the Redskins as an option and know Baltimore isn't far either. If the schedule falls perfectly for when I am in New York I might have a look but 3 hours each way might be a bit far but will keep my options open
Philly is defo doable from NYC - but you also have the luxury of a game almost every week in NJ with New York having 2 teams.

I been to games in Philly, NJ (NY) and Phoenix, AZ.

Oh FYI if going to a game at the Meadowlands (Jets or Giants) the three times I've been 2001 x2 (Jets and Giants) and 2012 (Giants x1 @ Giants Stadium - the new one) wherever I've been staying in Manhattan I've gotten a subway to the Port Authority and from there on gamedays they lay on coaches - you buy a ticket can't recall cost now but they drive you from there all the way to the stadium non stop and after the game you queue up and get coaches back to the Port Authority and they keep returning till the queue is gone - so alwayts keep an eye on the queue if you decide to mill about and join in post game tailgating in the car park as once the last none full up bus leaves that's it... think they radio in and they stop returning.

Last edited by bluelionman; 20.02.2017 at 01:35 AM.
Old 20.02.2017, 09:29 AM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelionman View Post
Philly is defo doable from NYC - but you also have the luxury of a game almost every week in NJ with New York having 2 teams.

I been to games in Philly, NJ (NY) and Phoenix, AZ.

Oh FYI if going to a game at the Meadowlands (Jets or Giants) the three times I've been 2001 x2 (Jets and Giants) and 2012 (Giants x1 @ Giants Stadium - the new one) wherever I've been staying in Manhattan I've gotten a subway to the Port Authority and from there on gamedays they lay on coaches - you buy a ticket can't recall cost now but they drive you from there all the way to the stadium non stop and after the game you queue up and get coaches back to the Port Authority and they keep returning till the queue is gone - so alwayts keep an eye on the queue if you decide to mill about and join in post game tailgating in the car park as once the last none full up bus leaves that's it... think they radio in and they stop returning.
Thanks for the tips, good to know as we are actually staying about a 5/10 minute walk from the Port Authority so a coach will probably be the easiest and quickest way to and from Meadowlands.
Old 03.07.2017, 04:10 PM
Rookie

I'll be going with the Wife to see the Tampa @ Miami season opener in September. We went to a pre season game a couple of years ago.

The thing that gets me the most is how the fans aren't segregated, I think it definitely makes for a calmer atmosphere overall. But I think a couple of stadiums may still segregate fans.

I'm looking to catch Miami again this year too and it might be an away game so It'll be interesting to see how it compares with being the minority in the stadium.
Old 20.07.2017, 10:48 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewis1_2_3 View Post
I'll be going with the Wife to see the Tampa @ Miami season opener in September. We went to a pre season game a couple of years ago.

The thing that gets me the most is how the fans aren't segregated, I think it definitely makes for a calmer atmosphere overall. But I think a couple of stadiums may still segregate fans.

I'm looking to catch Miami again this year too and it might be an away game so It'll be interesting to see how it compares with being the minority in the stadium.
No NFL team segregates fans. Away support is left to take its natural course in the NFL: if you want to go, you buy a ticket, usually on the secondary market. About as organised as it gets is sometimes fans of an away team will agree to try to buy tickets in a certain area of the stadium to take that part over. Mostly that tends to be the lower tier on the sideline or near the tunnel of where the away team runs out. We make a conscious effort to buy low down by the Steelers tunnel at Fedex Field last year and Steelers fans far outnumbered Redskins fans.

The away fan experience probably varies markedly depending on where you go, how popular your team is and where you sit. I'm lucky as Steelers fans always travel in numbers so we have been far from alone (that said, it makes the ticket prices expensive). That said, there are a few stadiums I wouldn't go to as an away Steelers fan: Cleveland, Baltimore, New England, Oakland, Philadelphia and maybe the New York teams too. The experience probably depends on who is around you too, how the game goes, how courteous you are to the other supporters, what time the game kicks off and what part of the country you are in. People in the midwest are generally 'nicer' than those from the north-east in my experience - more laid back etc. Fanbases are probably more relaxed about travelling fans in Florida than they would be in Cleveland or Philly. This is all generalising and I am sure there are exceptions. I will say one thing - there is nothing sweeter than dominating an away game and towards the end of the stadium it is all your fans left and all chants for your team going round the field. It's awesome!

General observation of mine: all the games in the US where I have experienced the most needle have been Sunday Night Football. Sunday afternoon games or Monday Night Football have all been much more civil, and I am certain it is to do with people drinking all day by the time the game kicks off. On Monday people might have been at work.