VS  

Sunday 30 October 2016

VS  

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Sponsored Links

Old 08.02.2017, 12:09 PM
Pro

Default FOX SB Coverage poor

Really thought the FOX coverage of the SB was poor this time.
Odd camera angles, absolutely no X's and O's breakdowns by Aikman to show what the Falcons did so well in the first half, and how the Patriots came back in the 4th. There was more of that from Jeff back at Sky than from FOX. Only went to Erin Andrews once I think throughout the whole game. In fact Joe Buck sounded a bit bored and subdued throughout until the final play in OT unfolded.
Should be better next year with NBC and Collingsworth (who is far and away the best color man working the game on TV).
Sponsored Links
Old 08.02.2017, 01:52 PM
Hall of Fame

The fact they didn't break down the winning TD play at all was perplexing. On the field that was no sure thing, except like the rest of the stadium they got caught in all the end of game hoopla
Old 09.02.2017, 05:41 AM
Pro

I find that's the case with a lot of the broadcasts in America. Lots of commercials, plugging new shows starting soon and ex players competing for air time in the breaks.

They seem to do their analysis and breakdowns on dedicated shows throughout the week, which are usually excellent. But yeah, not a lot of in game stuff.
Old 09.02.2017, 06:37 PM
Team Captain

Fox coverage poor?
Aikman and Buck commentary?

What did anyone expect?
Old 09.02.2017, 08:26 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean42 View Post
Really thought the FOX coverage of the SB was poor this time.
Odd camera angles, absolutely no X's and O's breakdowns by Aikman to show what the Falcons did so well in the first half, and how the Patriots came back in the 4th. There was more of that from Jeff back at Sky than from FOX. Only went to Erin Andrews once I think throughout the whole game. In fact Joe Buck sounded a bit bored and subdued throughout until the final play in OT unfolded.
Should be better next year with NBC and Collingsworth (who is far and away the best color man working the game on TV).
Joe and Troy never really tele-strate much if ever during any game's never mind a superbowl where there is a bigger more diverse audience who are more about the occasion than the game.and the superbowl for the network is a great way to plug there new shows.
Old 09.02.2017, 09:25 PM
Pro

The best part was no scrolling "news ticker" at the bottom of the screen.
Old 16.02.2017, 02:32 PM
All Pro

Not mad on Fox coverage. Chris Collinsworth and Al Michaels from NBC I find very entertaining and work well together. Although i'll give Fox credit, I did enjoy games when they had John Lynch in the booth. Always interesting to listen to and broke down each play.