Sunday 23 October 2016

VS  

Sunday 30 October 2016

VS  

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NCAA College Football

Sponsored Links

Old 10.02.2017, 08:09 PM
All Pro

Plenty more small schoolers in this article - I finally found a good small school DT - and in further proof that I am a major league geek, there's a mention for a long snapper!
Sponsored Links
Old 11.02.2017, 10:41 AM
All Pro

Location: Drafting for the San Francisco 49ers in the NFLUK 7 Round Draft

I've seen a few people now compare this draft class to the 2011 one - where in the first round you have a load of stud players but the QB position is really weak. (Ie the Blaine Gabbert/Jake Locker drafted before JJ Watt draft)

What do you guys think?
Old 11.02.2017, 01:13 PM
MVP

Send a message via MSN to falcon_91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollyrules View Post
I've seen a few people now compare this draft class to the 2011 one - where in the first round you have a load of stud players but the QB position is really weak. (Ie the Blaine Gabbert/Jake Locker drafted before JJ Watt draft)

What do you guys think?
There isn't even a Jake Locker in this group. Kizer would be a fantastic B project for someone given how late he started playing football, but that's of no use to a top 15 pick team. He'd be a great 3rd round development or higher for a complete team to take the flyer on.
I only watched the UNC QB 3 times this year and was never impressed with him. Can't say I saw him the year before because he couldn't even beat out Marquis Williams. But he will rise up the boards someone will take him and then wonder why in 3 years time they still aren't in the playoffs.

I haven't been on here properly in years it just wanted to pop by to say, the only difference between Myles Garrett and Vernon Ghoulston is Ghoulston hit headlines for beating Jake Long like a rag doll while Garrett did so beating D2 players.
With him skipping the draft he will have turned up to as many drafts as he did SEC games
Old 11.02.2017, 01:17 PM
All Pro

Quote:

What do you guys think?
In terms of QB, yes. There are a number of guys with individual traits, who will be overdrafted, because people are desperate to see something that isnt really there
Old 16.02.2017, 07:57 AM
Team Captain

Quote:

What do you guys think?
I think people saying this class is weak are wrong
Watson is a superstar in the making. He will be a winner, and the franchise that drafts him will be winners. I also have been on the Trubisky band wagon after watching the limited tape on him before last season started. I think he will need a year or so as back up but will be a top top player. I'd take both of those ahead of any of the guys taken last year. Inc Prescott.
Old 17.02.2017, 06:40 PM
All Pro

Just published another prospect profile/interview, this one with East Tennessee State safety Ryan Powers - seems like a good kid, so fingers crossed for him!
Old 17.02.2017, 08:26 PM
All Pro

Another bunch of small schoolers in this weeks article - struck out tonight (William and Mary/Maine), but that's life with small school work...

Probably 1 or 2 columns like this - then Combine stuff - then rankings.
Old 24.02.2017, 07:06 PM
MVP

What's the bullet points of Chad Kelly and the combine not really been keeping up with the draft but keep seeing headlines
Old 24.02.2017, 07:14 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu_T View Post
What's the bullet points of Chad Kelly and the combine not really been keeping up with the draft but keep seeing headlines
Got invited initially - then they pulled it because he has off the field red flags (multiple incidents I believe) in his past. He's not happy - says (or his agent did) that he's showing up in Indy anyway.
Old 26.02.2017, 07:46 AM
All Pro

These combine rules are properly stupid. The guys who the teams need to interview most are the guys with off field stuff, the likes of Kelly are almost certain to be drafted anyway, but without more contact time with teams it's less likely they will end up with the most optimum environment to stop them being the next Manziel etc.