2017 NFL Draft Prospects Discussion Thread - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
Watch NFL International Games Live!

Sunday 2 October 2016

VS  

Sunday 23 October 2016

VS  

Sunday 30 October 2016

VS  

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NCAA College Football

Sponsored Links

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 12.05.2016, 05:17 AM
FallenFlyer's Avatar
FallenFlyer FallenFlyer is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 06.09.2013
Location: Casnewydd
Posts: 4,835
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
Saw him a couple of times last year, got the impression he was the no.1 RB in their offence, think they run the triple option (maybe?). Think they talked about him as a home run hitter.

Looking at his stats, over 1600 yards, 17 TD's, he certainly knows how to make the most of his carries.
From my notes on him it says,

'Lots of embellished yards due to spread and option plays. However solid one cut vision and better than average play speed in space. Does short yardage work and is surprisingly effective from the pro stance and in-between tackles on rare occasion. Inconclusive hands and route running but could be a riser in Junior year.'
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #22  
Old 12.05.2016, 12:41 PM
duesouth10's Avatar
duesouth10 duesouth10 is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 07.11.2008
Location: Southampton
Posts: 4,056
Default

3 RB's done.

Fournette, I'm not sure I can pick at - as good as the hype and there's a lot of that!

Dalvin Cook, I didn't think from the 2 games on Draft Breakdown that his hands are natural. Couple of drops against Miami and seems to fight the ball a bit. Good effort in pass pro - but size a limiting factor projecting forward. As a runner, as advertised - some of his cuts are crazy!

Just done McCaffrey - same kind of cuts as Cook - perhaps uses that quickness more as a route runner than Cook from the 2 game sample of each watched (I will do more work, but just getting a baseline for now). Hands are natural and a "plus" as a returner. Pass pro he can stay on his feet, but sometimes will go cut block, or even one effort he just kinda stuck his back into the rusher - so needs to clean that up.

So: 1) Fournette; 2) McCaffrey; 3) Cook.

Will do Perine, Chubb, Hurd, Freeman, Gallman and I see there's a Draft Breakdown game of Matt Breida, so I'll give him a look. If anyone wants me to build in anyone else, just let me know!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12.05.2016, 12:52 PM
FallenFlyer's Avatar
FallenFlyer FallenFlyer is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 06.09.2013
Location: Casnewydd
Posts: 4,835
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by duesouth10 View Post
3 RB's done.

Fournette, I'm not sure I can pick at - as good as the hype and there's a lot of that!

Dalvin Cook, I didn't think from the 2 games on Draft Breakdown that his hands are natural. Couple of drops against Miami and seems to fight the ball a bit. Good effort in pass pro - but size a limiting factor projecting forward. As a runner, as advertised - some of his cuts are crazy!

Just done McCaffrey - same kind of cuts as Cook - perhaps uses that quickness more as a route runner than Cook from the 2 game sample of each watched (I will do more work, but just getting a baseline for now). Hands are natural and a "plus" as a returner. Pass pro he can stay on his feet, but sometimes will go cut block, or even one effort he just kinda stuck his back into the rusher - so needs to clean that up.

So: 1) Fournette; 2) McCaffrey; 3) Cook.

Will do Perine, Chubb, Hurd, Freeman, Gallman and I see there's a Draft Breakdown game of Matt Breida, so I'll give him a look. If anyone wants me to build in anyone else, just let me know!
Make sure you check Fournette against Arkansas. There was a lot made of his below average performance against Alabama the week before but that game (one week after) was a really good look at both his many strengths but also highlighted his weaknesses.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12.05.2016, 01:09 PM
duesouth10's Avatar
duesouth10 duesouth10 is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 07.11.2008
Location: Southampton
Posts: 4,056
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenFlyer View Post
Make sure you check Fournette against Arkansas. There was a lot made of his below average performance against Alabama the week before but that game (one week after) was a really good look at both his many strengths but also highlighted his weaknesses.
I remember the Alabama game - best 2 gap effort from a college D-Line that I've ever seen. Don't think he had a chance with a lot of runs. Will give the Arkansas one a watch.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 13.05.2016, 12:45 PM
duesouth10's Avatar
duesouth10 duesouth10 is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 07.11.2008
Location: Southampton
Posts: 4,056
Default

Could only find two 2015 games for Samaje Perine - Clemson and Tulsa. Hhhhmmm - bit disappointing. No wiggle - looks tight in the hips and not sure he can create from nothing. Flashes of good burst and one cut and go ability - but others looks one paced. Can run low and break tackles with strong lower body - but others goes down on first contact. Hands look OK - but pass pro not great, has his head on a swivel nicely but doesn't seem too interested in being overly physical.

Not quite sure what to make of him, but wasn't as impressed as I was expecting...
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 15.05.2016, 07:45 PM
FallenFlyer's Avatar
FallenFlyer FallenFlyer is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 06.09.2013
Location: Casnewydd
Posts: 4,835
Default

I will be really interested to see how Cooper Kupp will be looked at this year.

Plays for Eastern Washington but has set records that have eclipsed Randy Moss's (although he does not appear to be, in my eye, anywhere near that level) and has been known to feed on some lesser talent. Then he did have an amazing game against Oregon last year (15 catches, 200 yards plus) and has good size and developed route running. Will be a real challenge to predict his NFL credentials.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 16.05.2016, 01:43 AM
boknows34's Avatar
boknows34 boknows34 is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 03.03.2006
Location: Black Hole
Posts: 14,103
Default

It's going to be an exceptional year for RBs and am hoping the Raiders can grab one of the top 4-5 prospects. Fournette would be a dream come true in silver and black, but he should be a Top 5 pick and something would have to go very badly wrong for the Raiders to be picking that high next year. Still, a man can dream of Fournette wearing 34, as he reminds me so much of Bo.

Last edited by boknows34; 16.05.2016 at 02:33 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 16.05.2016, 08:21 AM
duesouth10's Avatar
duesouth10 duesouth10 is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 07.11.2008
Location: Southampton
Posts: 4,056
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenFlyer View Post
I will be really interested to see how Cooper Kupp will be looked at this year.

Plays for Eastern Washington but has set records that have eclipsed Randy Moss's (although he does not appear to be, in my eye, anywhere near that level) and has been known to feed on some lesser talent. Then he did have an amazing game against Oregon last year (15 catches, 200 yards plus) and has good size and developed route running. Will be a real challenge to predict his NFL credentials.
He's the only FCS prospect I've seen in the various top 32/50/100 lists I've looked at - so I figure he must be pretty good! I know the name, looking forward to watching what I can find when I get to the WR's!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 16.05.2016, 12:31 PM
duesouth10's Avatar
duesouth10 duesouth10 is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 07.11.2008
Location: Southampton
Posts: 4,056
Default

Jalen Hurd today. Can't help but think Eddie George as he's so tall. Listed at 6'4" 240 lbs - doesn't look 240 - so they've either gone much higher than he actually is, or he carries his weight really well! Quick feet for a taller back - loves how he keeps his legs churning, tough to tackle. Nasty habit of bouncing too much outside - goes 2/3 yards deeper in the backfield to try and get the edge - doesn't always work, sure won't in the league. Can get low - but obviously height works against him punishment wise. Willing but unrefined in pass pro - loves the contact, but doesn't use his hands.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 16.05.2016, 07:09 PM
FallenFlyer's Avatar
FallenFlyer FallenFlyer is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 06.09.2013
Location: Casnewydd
Posts: 4,835
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by duesouth10 View Post
Jalen Hurd today. Can't help but think Eddie George as he's so tall. Listed at 6'4" 240 lbs - doesn't look 240 - so they've either gone much higher than he actually is, or he carries his weight really well! Quick feet for a taller back - loves how he keeps his legs churning, tough to tackle. Nasty habit of bouncing too much outside - goes 2/3 yards deeper in the backfield to try and get the edge - doesn't always work, sure won't in the league. Can get low - but obviously height works against him punishment wise. Willing but unrefined in pass pro - loves the contact, but doesn't use his hands.
Reminds me of an athletic Brandon Jacobs.

My main concern is that everything seems to be East/West in the Vols offence (I've only had a cursory look at him so far) so I have no idea if he can find holes when asked to go from a power formation.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Sponsored Links


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:08 PM.