Sunday 30 October 2016

VS  

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL UK Shop

Sponsored Links

Old 15.09.2016, 10:50 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanE153 View Post
Since first getting into the NFL around 3 and a half years ago I have been pretty surprised that although the sport seems to be growing in the UK, there appears to be a real lack of places to get your hands on merchandise.
It's not as bad as many people think it is. There have been quite a few legit choices in the UK for a while now (ranges are usually quite limited though).
http://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=6537&page=384

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanE153 View Post
I know there are a few exceptions on NFL Europe shop ready to pre-order for October but then you have the feedback about the poor quality from there.
"Poor quality" only applies to the "game" jersies (currently custom-printed to order using a polyurethane transfer instead of the "silicon print" process used for their US jersies by Nike themselves).

These colour rush jersies all seem to be the "Limited" spec - These will be the original Nike-manufactured items, there should be no quality problems.

The fact you can "pre-order" them now for delivery in mid-October is interesting, and indicates to me that Fanatics' takeover of Kitbag is finally starting to improve things. These jersies will almost certainly be sourced from Fanatics in the US rather than (up to now) coming through Nike's UK distribution operation.

Last edited by BigTone; 15.09.2016 at 11:32 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 23.09.2016, 04:51 PM
Rookie

I think the colour rush limited jerseys will be fine from the UK store,i've just bought the Jeffery colour rush legend jersey from the nike store in Chicago it's a different material from the regular jerseys and the graphics and numbers aren't screen printed but "fully sublimated" as nike put it,in other words all the graphics are blended into the material.
I quite like it to be honest,it has a much lighter feel to it but still has the rubberised NFL logo and the stitched jock tag,it does fit slightly smaller than the normal game jerseys though,i'm 5'10 14.5 stone and bought the large and it fits me the same as my limited medium jersey.
Also the legend jerseys are cheaper,i paid $80,so $20 cheaper than the game jerseys.Not sure why the Euro shop is not stocking the legend jerseys.
Old 23.09.2016, 11:13 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by iain75 View Post
Not sure why the Euro shop is not stocking the legend jerseys.
Because they are incompetent buffoons?
Old 19.10.2016, 12:46 PM
Pro

Is it still the case they are doing the crap polyurethane printing? http://m.europe.nflshop.com/stores/n...ey-Bosa/183594
EG in this description it quite clearly mentions silicon printing? False trade description surely if so?
Old 19.10.2016, 12:49 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanD83 View Post
Is it still the case they are doing the crap polyurethane printing? http://m.europe.nflshop.com/stores/n...ey-Bosa/183594
EG in this description it quite clearly mentions silicon printing? False trade description surely if so?
If they are they accept returns on standard items now (even if they are custom printed) I mean standard jerseys that have the name in the listing not custom jerseys obviously they are final... .

with the custom/standard ones its always been some are and some aren't... its a lottery.
Old 19.10.2016, 10:12 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanD83 View Post
If this is indeed the case (and they haven't just carelessly copied the info from the US site), it would indicate that they've started using supplies of jersies from Fanatics in the US rather than through Nike's UK distribution operation (like Kitbag used to do).

The only way to be certain is to ask them. They may try and avoid the issue, but basically if they say they have to send it for printing, it's not a proper silicon printed jersey. If they 100% confirm it's sourced from Fanatics in the US, it will be a proper silicon printed jersey.
Old 20.10.2016, 12:08 PM
Pro

Can't believe this nonsense is still going on! They are really pushing the NFL here at the moment, this just seems baffling.

I'm after an alternate Dolphins jersey, and they all clearly state PU Printed Numbers. That Chargers jersey seems a rare exception (or just a typo).

They don't even have a decent range of Limited jerseys, if they did I would get one of them instead (a steal at £95 with the current exchange rate).

*sigh*

UK American Sports Store it is.
Old 20.10.2016, 12:16 PM
Pro

Also, has anyone here tried both a Game jersey and a Limited one? I know the main differences, but am wondering if they fit differently? Are the Limiteds more snug/fitted for example?

I want one, but want to make sure if I'm paying £100+ to get one in from Fanatics.

I wear a Small Game jersey. Fits perfectly.
Old 20.10.2016, 12:18 PM
Pro

Ordered it on the 18th and it says it is shipped a day later with Hermes. Hopefully it is a silicone one in that case. I'll update when it arrives.
Old 20.10.2016, 12:37 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-vis Landry View Post
Also, has anyone here tried both a Game jersey and a Limited one? I know the main differences, but am wondering if they fit differently? Are the Limiteds more snug/fitted for example?

I want one, but want to make sure if I'm paying £100+ to get one in from Fanatics.

I wear a Small Game jersey. Fits perfectly.
I also wear a Small game jersey, so bought a small limited jersey when in NYC last year. It fits, but a bit more snug although not enough to put me off wearing it, it still fits, just a bit tighter is all with movement a bit more difficult. would pose a problem i'd imagine if wearing under a hoody for example.

I have ordered a Medium Limited Colour Rush jersey and would be able to compare to my home limited small jersey, but we all know how the delivery of the colour rush jerseys is going at the moment