Withdrawal Symptoms - NFL UK Forums
Watch NFL International Games Live!

Sunday 2 October 2016

VS  

Sunday 23 October 2016

VS  

Sunday 30 October 2016

VS  

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Sponsored Links

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 24.01.2017, 12:33 AM
pozbaird's Avatar
pozbaird pozbaird is offline
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: 14.01.2010
Location: Paisley
Posts: 985
Default Withdrawal Symptoms

... will hit in two weeks time. No football for eight months, no settling down with Neil, Jeff, Shaun and, erm, Dara, armed with packets of cheese 'n' onion, Tennents Black lager - and a full coffee pot on the go. No nipping to the lavvy in advert breaks, no screaming 'shut up man!' at Jon Gruden. Eight months. No football. Sheesh.

Pah. So, what have we got to keep us out of mischief? The Masters at Augusta? The end of the soccer season? Wimbledon? The Boat Race?

Pah, pah, and thrice pah!

In all seriousness. Golf course for me! Roll on next season.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 24.01.2017, 09:40 AM
kw13's Avatar
kw13 kw13 is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 13.01.2011
Location: Gotta Nuk something.
Posts: 8,370
Default

I'm OK until early April with the greatest sporting tournament on earth taking up the mid march to early April period, then it's 4 long months until Jacksonville State vs Chattanooga .
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 24.01.2017, 08:03 PM
Crash11's Avatar
Crash11 Crash11 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 07.09.2006
Location: Farsley, Leeds
Posts: 14,672
Default

First Sunday of no football hits me hardest where I'm welcomed back into the world of sitting to watch Sunday night TV with the wife....
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 24.01.2017, 08:15 PM
iffies's Avatar
iffies iffies is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 08.09.2006
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 3,269
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash11 View Post
First Sunday of no football hits me hardest where I'm welcomed back into the world of sitting to watch Sunday night TV with the wife....
Countryfile and Antiques Roadshow don't do it for you then?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 24.01.2017, 08:22 PM
Crash11's Avatar
Crash11 Crash11 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 07.09.2006
Location: Farsley, Leeds
Posts: 14,672
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iffies View Post
Countryfile and Antiques Roadshow don't do it for you then?
Or Call the Midwife....
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 24.01.2017, 08:33 PM
pinkpanda's Avatar
pinkpanda pinkpanda is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: 04.08.2016
Location: broadstairs
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pozbaird View Post
... will hit in two weeks time. No football for eight months, no settling down with Neil, Jeff, Shaun and, erm, Dara, armed with packets of cheese 'n' onion, Tennents Black lager - and a full coffee pot on the go. No nipping to the lavvy in advert breaks, no screaming 'shut up man!' at Jon Gruden. Eight months. No football. Sheesh.

Pah. So, what have we got to keep us out of mischief? The Masters at Augusta? The end of the soccer season? Wimbledon? The Boat Race?

Pah, pah, and thrice pah!

In all seriousness. Golf course for me! Roll on next season.
its not 8 months, think of it as superbowl early february, pre season friendlies early august, 6 months makes me feel much better.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 24.01.2017, 08:47 PM
wayne ellis's Avatar
wayne ellis wayne ellis is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 31.10.2005
Location: Letchworth
Posts: 17,722
Default

First 2-3 months are ok, as you have the Draft and Free Agency to keep you occupied. Between mid/late May and the start of preseason is painful though...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 24.01.2017, 10:46 PM
pozbaird's Avatar
pozbaird pozbaird is offline
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: 14.01.2010
Location: Paisley
Posts: 985
Default

This summer I might watch my recordings of Denver's best three-and-outs.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 25.01.2017, 12:36 AM
Pedal Bin's Avatar
Pedal Bin Pedal Bin is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 30.10.2005
Posts: 7,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pozbaird View Post
This summer I might watch my recordings of Denver's best three-and-outs.

Oooooh some red hot punting action. Pure filth!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 25.01.2017, 01:05 AM
iffies's Avatar
iffies iffies is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 08.09.2006
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 3,269
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pozbaird View Post
This summer I might watch my recordings of Denver's best three-and-outs.
You might want to start watching now so you can fit them all in before the new season starts.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Sponsored Links


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:54 PM.