Jimmy Garoppolo - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
Watch NFL International Games Live!

Sunday 2 October 2016

VS  

Sunday 23 October 2016

VS  

Sunday 30 October 2016

VS  

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Sponsored Links

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 12.02.2017, 11:52 PM
forest49's Avatar
forest49 forest49 is offline
Pro
 
Join Date: 04.11.2015
Posts: 54
Default

Someone's going to take the gamble given the lack of first round QB talent this year. Would he be any more of a risk or have less upside potential than the three QBs being projected as first round possibles this year, none of whom seems to be a consensus top 10 pick? He has six more quarters of NFL tape than them, for a start...

There's four QB-desperate teams in the top six of the draft, then perhaps Buffalo at #10 and Cleveland with another shot at #12... not much in free agency, Romo will surely only go to a team with immediate playoff prospects, so the Patriots really hold all the aces here. As usual!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #22  
Old 13.02.2017, 07:07 AM
Rory426's Avatar
Rory426 Rory426 is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 01.12.2007
Location: Lowton
Posts: 2,324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibaMarines View Post
They need to move him this year. He'll be a free agent next year. No team is motivated to buy since Jimmy can just come to them in free agency.
...which is no use to you if you got fired in the meantime because you didn't have a quarterback this year.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 13.02.2017, 09:18 AM
ChibaMarines ChibaMarines is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: 12.02.2017
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rory426 View Post
...which is no use to you if you got fired in the meantime because you didn't have a quarterback this year.
Exactly. Team's have to make their move quickly.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 13.02.2017, 11:15 AM
ChibaMarines ChibaMarines is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: 12.02.2017
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest49 View Post
Someone's going to take the gamble given the lack of first round QB talent this year. Would he be any more of a risk or have less upside potential than the three QBs being projected as first round possibles this year, none of whom seems to be a consensus top 10 pick? He has six more quarters of NFL tape than them, for a start...

There's four QB-desperate teams in the top six of the draft, then perhaps Buffalo at #10 and Cleveland with another shot at #12... not much in free agency, Romo will surely only go to a team with immediate playoff prospects, so the Patriots really hold all the aces here. As usual!
I'd say he has less upside than Kizer. Comparable to Watson and Trubisky though. Except he's ready to run out of the gate whereas I don't see Watson, Trubisky, or Kizer as Day 1 starters.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 13.02.2017, 06:14 PM
ToonPatriot's Avatar
ToonPatriot ToonPatriot is offline
Starter
 
Join Date: 03.10.2013
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 110
Default

I know this is just fan opinion rather than hard stats but there are more than a few Patriots fans who would be sad to see Jimmy leave, and I'm one of them.

I think he has shown all of the early attributes to make it in the NFL and with Brady merely postponing the inevitable there's a real possibility he could turn out better than what we'll end up with post TB12. But that is the NFL.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 13.02.2017, 08:57 PM
lee harris 10 lee harris 10 is online now
MVP
 
Join Date: 05.09.2010
Posts: 6,010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonPatriot View Post
I know this is just fan opinion rather than hard stats but there are more than a few Patriots fans who would be sad to see Jimmy leave, and I'm one of them.

I think he has shown all of the early attributes to make it in the NFL and with Brady merely postponing the inevitable there's a real possibility he could turn out better than what we'll end up with post TB12. But that is the NFL.
its a fair point,the 1st 6 quaters this year showed a player who can start and its not like we tweaked our offence for him or he was not in command enough to do everything Brady does.Also think without Gronk he used Bennett more better than Tom.

but Brady is not getting any worse and looks like he has atleast 2 more years playing at near MVP quality and Jimmy is not going to sign a cheap deal as a back-up to sit and wait.he shares the same agent as Brady(Don Yee) so he will know what extension the Patriots are offering Tom as well which will reflect his long term prospects with us.

Think like the Colts when they drafted Luck its nice to have the choice.Belichick will not trade Jimmy away unless he has convidence in Brissett who looked decent last year and we had him higher rated than Prescott.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 13.02.2017, 10:10 PM
Manic Patriot's Avatar
Manic Patriot Manic Patriot is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 21.01.2009
Location: London
Posts: 3,358
Default

I think Brady realistically has one more year left before he retires. No hard evidence obviously, just how I see it.

Ideally, Jimmy G will still be in Patriot uniform and seems a capable replacement if he can be persuaded to stay.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 13.02.2017, 10:13 PM
HSTDriver's Avatar
HSTDriver HSTDriver is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 22.08.2009
Location: Essex
Posts: 10,916
Default

Brady could of course play another 4 years - he's fit and his game relies more on his brain than his physical attributes. However at his age (at any age, but particularly in those 30+) he's only one bad hit away from retirement.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 13.02.2017, 10:58 PM
lee harris 10 lee harris 10 is online now
MVP
 
Join Date: 05.09.2010
Posts: 6,010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSTDriver View Post
Brady could of course play another 4 years - he's fit and his game relies more on his brain than his physical attributes. However at his age (at any age, but particularly in those 30+) he's only one bad hit away from retirement.
its a good point about the "one hit" as we saw Favre put up some great seasons into his early 40's with the Vikings but when he finally got hurt you could see he was done.Brady and Brees both need 3 more good years to get up near Peytons'Favre's yards TD's numbers and think Tom is also playing for rings not just stats.Bradys cap hit in 2017 is $14m but then hits $22m in 2018/2019 so maybe thats when it becomes more of a factor.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 14.02.2017, 01:28 AM
jimbobjoylove's Avatar
jimbobjoylove jimbobjoylove is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 02.11.2010
Posts: 3,772
Default

On how long Brady can play for, we really don't know. History suggests the cliff will come quickly, Manning is the obvious recent example of having a career year and then being carried two seasons later. Could easily see Brady playing on until that season hits, then retire at that season end.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Sponsored Links


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:32 PM.