Sunday 30 October 2016

VS  

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New York Jets

Sponsored Links

Old 17.02.2017, 10:56 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
Looks like Darrelle Revis got himself into some trouble at the weekend...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/pi...arrelle-revis/
Never a dull day in Jet land!
Sponsored Links
Old 17.02.2017, 11:07 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by james2312 View Post
Just realised I read Forte's Cap contract run and we save nothing by cutting him so agree he will likely stick around.

Interesting one being touted beyond the usual names is whether we Cut Harris in the offseason. While some of the names already mentioned are obvious I think it will be interesting to see what Mac does with Harris as if he is cut we are effectively in full rebuild mode.

Personally I think his future depends on the draft - if we end up taking Foster or someone alike in the 1st or 2nd round then I think he could be a goner.

Only a handful of upgrades in FA from what I can see although most play Outside LB - Nick Perry being the diamond imo. If the Pats do end up cutting Hightower I think he would definately worth a look also Zach Brown at the Bills both due to division experience.
If we draft Foster, whose floor is a faster Harris imo, then surely Harris is gone. I'm not sure there's anyone else in that league though so Harris could well stick if we don't draft him.

There are tons of options at positions of need in this draft. The only way we can totally mess it up is reaching for an offensive need, because there just isn't that much there in truth. I can't see us adding OLB really, other than for competition, as we've drafted two in the last two years. If a genuine edge rusher is there in the draft then we'll take him (Watt's brother in the second perhaps), but other than that I expect BPA and low grade signings.
Old 17.02.2017, 03:07 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetupandgo View Post
If we draft Foster, whose floor is a faster Harris imo, then surely Harris is gone. I'm not sure there's anyone else in that league though so Harris could well stick if we don't draft him.

There are tons of options at positions of need in this draft. The only way we can totally mess it up is reaching for an offensive need, because there just isn't that much there in truth. I can't see us adding OLB really, other than for competition, as we've drafted two in the last two years. If a genuine edge rusher is there in the draft then we'll take him (Watt's brother in the second perhaps), but other than that I expect BPA and low grade signings.
Not overly comfortable with taking an ILB at #6 tbh. Can't remember the last time someone drafted one that high. Could possibly trade down with someone like the Browns at #12, still get him and earn a couple of extra picks.

As for the OLB's, I like Mauldin and Jenkins but I don't see either of them being a prolific pass rusher...
Old 17.02.2017, 04:13 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Not overly comfortable with taking an ILB at #6 tbh. Can't remember the last time someone drafted one that high. Could possibly trade down with someone like the Browns at #12, still get him and earn a couple of extra picks.

As for the OLB's, I like Mauldin and Jenkins but I don't see either of them being a prolific pass rusher...
I agree that you wouldn't normally take one there, but this draft is full of that it appears. Taking QB, Tackle or pass rusher (other than Garrett) is a huge reach because the talent doesn't appear to be there. DL is a waste, so it is going to push the less glamorous positions up the board somewhat. Foster may well be the best player in this draft when you look back in a decade. We need a replacement for Harris this year or next. If you can drop a few places and pick him up, which is possible then great, but he is undoubtedly one of the top players in this draft class and I'd be very surprised if he doesn't go in the top 10.
Old 21.02.2017, 02:21 PM
Starter

Quote:

Kuechly at 9
Shazier at 15 Are the most recent and to be fair if Foster is anything close to Kuechly I would happily take him at 6 !!
Old 21.02.2017, 02:52 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Kuechly at 9
Shazier at 15 Are the most recent and to be fair if Foster is anything close to Kuechly I would happily take him at 6 !!
True! Tbh, having a LB as good in coverage as Shazier would be nice too (although Lee does have potential in that area)...
Old 21.02.2017, 06:11 PM
Hall of Fame

Wonder if Takk McKinley will become an option for the Jets in the coming weeks and months? Might put in a decent combine showing, and pass rushing LB's are popular top 10 picks too?
Old 21.02.2017, 07:06 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
Wonder if Takk McKinley will become an option for the Jets in the coming weeks and months? Might put in a decent combine showing, and pass rushing LB's are popular top 10 picks too?
Wouldn't consider him at #6, might be worth a look if we trade down or he slips into the second round. Seems a bit too "boom or bust" for comfort...
Old 21.02.2017, 11:41 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Kuechly at 9
Kuechly seems to be the popular go-to comparison for Foster, but I think Foster might be a better run stuffer and slightly weaker in coverage. His potential is definitely in the Kuechly area. If it wasn't I wouldn't consider him at 6.
Old 23.02.2017, 10:09 PM
All Pro

Giacomini and Folk cut. No real shock here.