Sunday 30 October 2016

VS  

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Sponsored Links

Old 07.02.2017, 10:54 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenni Kohoutova View Post
Watching alone is the way to go, in my opinion. The content is usually absorbing enough. I've never understood the mindset of people who prefer to watch TV sport in pubs or with crowds. Perhaps they don't get a full enjoyment kick from it, without some additional refreshments and/or atmosphere?
Agree with this. Occasionally I'll have a few mates round. But I prefer to watch at home. In a bar someone is in the way of my view, which is a less good view than in my house, there's probably some rubbish music playing instead of commentary, and you invariably get distracted from what's happening. Crowd in the stadium, fine, but if I'm watching on the screen then no. Especially for NFL where we are very much a minority still. I don't need some idiot saying it is soft rugby and telling me the Fridge is fat.
Sponsored Links
Old 08.02.2017, 12:31 AM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve52 View Post
Stating the obvious, but anyone with Sky can record the whole thing and fast forward through the adverts / pundits, and I would guess everyone else has some form of recording device, so who needs networks to put a repeat on?
I do run into problems on Saturday and Sundays when there are often 4 or 5 live sports events running at the same time.

Sky's recent reluctance to show full re-runs of their football and rugby means that I am missing out on some sports I want to watch because the recording function only allows me to record 3 things at once.
Old 08.02.2017, 11:04 AM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve52 View Post
Stating the obvious, but anyone with Sky can record the whole thing and fast forward through the adverts / pundits, and I would guess everyone else has some form of recording device, so who needs networks to put a repeat on?
Or bbc...".......
Old 08.02.2017, 11:49 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM_Punk View Post
I do run into problems on Saturday and Sundays when there are often 4 or 5 live sports events running at the same time.

Sky's recent reluctance to show full re-runs of their football and rugby means that I am missing out on some sports I want to watch because the recording function only allows me to record 3 things at once.
Such tough 'problems'. And people think there are problems in Syria.
Old 08.02.2017, 11:59 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenni Kohoutova View Post
Such tough 'problems'. And people think there are problems in Syria.
That is a huge over-reaction to my comment. No need for it.

I'm offering a point on a forum discussing the broadcasting of the NFL. If I was posting about such a trivial thing on a forum discussing war atrocities, then your comment would be valid.

Last edited by CM_Punk; 09.02.2017 at 02:27 AM.