Site Guidelines Updated 22/09/2013
Here are the site guidelines:
"Communicating in a chat room or on message boards is different from face-to-face communication. Only the words are seen, not your facial expressions or tone of voice. Please pay careful attention to how you use your words. The use of smilies can help in this.
Remember that the words you enter in a burst of passion or indignant anger will be there for you and everyone else to see, sometimes long after those intense feelings have passed. That's not meant to discourage spontaneity, but just a friendly reminder of the long-term existence and effects of what you post.
You may, from time to time, find yourself in disagreement with someone else's opinion. At times like these, please keep in mind it's safer and more polite to take issue with the comments rather than the person.
By using nfluk.com, you agree that you will not post any of the following material in the forums:
• Any communication that is intended to harass, belittle, humiliate, threaten or cause embarrassment to a fellow member.
• Material that contains vulgar, obscene or indecent language or images. There is a language filter enabled to prevent obscenities on the forum. Posting such words (even in direct quotes from movies or songs) or "masking" words (inserting symbols or extra letters into words) in order to bypass the filter will result in modification of the offending post without warning and suitable discipline.
• Any communication that contains spam (multiple copies in one area or the same communication in multiple areas), or multiple pointless threads, especially if other threads are in existence that deal with the same thing (otherwise known as trolling).
• Material that defames, abuses or threatens others.
• Statements that are bigoted, hateful or racially offensive.
• Material that advocates illegal activity or discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them.
• Posting the personal information(Names, addresses, phone numbers, etc..) of another poster or anyone else will result in an immediate lifetime ban
• Unauthorized copyrighted material.
• Material reserved for subscription, i.e. ESPN Insider, InsideFootball.com and any other subscription news service. You may post a brief summary with a link to such an article, but you may NOT copy and paste contents of the article and then post on nfluk.com
• Advertising or any form of commercial solicitation.
• Material that impedes or otherwise prohibits communication; disrupts the discussion including, without limitation, using fan names in topical boards that are offensive to the topic, the team, the sport and/or its fans, and repeatedly posting off-topic messages in a topical message board.
• Starting new threads with the sole intention of personally attacking another member will result in an immediate suspension.
• Any other behaviour that is deemed unacceptable by the mods and not in the spirit of the forum.
• Links posted to fan blogs and websites should only be posted in the 'NFL In The UK' section, and each user may only create one thread containing all links to any new articles etc. Multiple threads will be deleted and may result in an infraction being issued.
In general terms a member should have only one active screen name for use in the forum section. This way everyone knows who they are dealing with, and not a second identity which can be used for various reasons, trolling baiting etc etc. This is not allowed.
However there are occasions when a second account could be excused for instance in the fantasy football section. It is understandable for someone trying to get ahead in the league, however if that is to occur then that secondary account cannot be used in the forums, again simply because that user would then be masquerading under a different identity.
This is all in fairness to everyone who uses this site.
Statements or postings that violate the above terms will be deleted from postings upon discovery. While we may attempt to notify you if we move or delete a post, we are under no obligation to do so. Depending on the nature of the violation, the nfluk.com at their sole discretion may terminate a customer's account without warning.
Action will be taken in the following ways
Comment moderated - a single word or sentence removed or replaced. This covers the majority of moderations.
Post removed - if the post contains too many swearwords or offensive material, or the moderator doesn't have time - a post may be deleted.
Thread locked - if a series of posts contains material then a thread may be locked for an indefinite period of time to allow for it to be moderated without interruption. Sometimes this may have occurred because a single illicit post has been requoted.
Thread deleted - if the first post on a thread is a problem, the thread may disappear very quickly.
Failure to comply with the rules and regulations stated above will result in an infraction point being imposed by a member of the Moderating staff.
Once a member has amassed 10 points they will be automatically banned by the infraction system for 3 days. When this ban expires, that user will return with the 10 points and any further infractions will be added to that total. Once a member has amassed 16 points they will be automatically banned by the infraction system for 2 weeks. If a user reached 20 points, the infraction system will impose an override to move this user to the permanent ban section of the site. At this stage, the moderators will need to make a decision as to whether a permanent ban is appropriate or whether a short term ban will suffice
Repeat violators will be subject to lengthy suspensions and/or permanent banning without further notice.
Last edited by boknows34; 22.09.2013 at 02:57 PM.