Sunday 23 October 2016

VS  

Sunday 30 October 2016

VS  

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Sponsored Links

Old 25.09.2014, 06:48 PM
Pro

It's a good thing this deal has been wrapped up nearly a year in advance,unlike previous deals where we've had to wait until week 1 before we knew where we could watch football.

However I was rather hoping BT would have put in a decent bid.
Sky's coverage is looking very tired. They've basically done the same thing for 20 years. A total revamp is required. Cadle and Reynolds are not the most engaging of presenters. Bring in some fresh blood and liven the coverage up a bit.
Sponsored Links
Old 25.09.2014, 09:21 PM
Rookie

I agree with Danny Bear regarding the spread of subscription fees. I have had Sky since 1990 and watch lots of sports they show. I can't imagine giving up my Sky Sports subs.

I was dreading another subscription based company getting the rights to show NFL as this would increase my outlay. I subscribed to ESPN for a couple of years when they aired MNF.

I can breathe easily for another five years unless Sky renegotiate mid-contract, which I think happened about five years ago.

Just hope Channel 4 have continued coverage of SNF.
Old 26.09.2014, 11:36 AM
MVP

Where's today's 10 p.m. showing of TNF highlights on Sky Sports 3? Gone. Typical of Sky's totally useless "service", for which we're charged more than enough.
So much for the pretended commitment to the NFL.
Old 28.09.2014, 12:16 AM
Starter

If this includes another five years of GamePass blackouts then I just have to shake my head at the NFL...
Old 28.09.2014, 10:02 AM
Pro Bowler

Shame. Was hoping BT would make a move there, would have been great to have both college ball and the NFL.
Old 01.10.2014, 08:17 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnShaft View Post
If this includes another five years of GamePass blackouts then I just have to shake my head at the NFL...
+1

I don't get why the NFL lets sky use these bully boy tactics, it really lets us non-sky customers down.
Old 01.10.2014, 11:42 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelearly View Post
Is this Sky monopoly a good thing?? They will have everything sown up soon forcing people with no alternative. Hard to fault the coverage all the same.
I can categorically state a monopoly is a good thing for my wallet.

Sky used to show all the football, Setanta, ESPN & now BT come along...one more subscription, Sky used to show the NRL, that moved to Premier Sport...one more subscription. Sky used to show all the boxing, that moves to BoxNation...one more subscription.

As a customer who is a fan of a wide range of sports I can assure you id much rather they were in one place!
Old 28.10.2014, 01:47 PM
Rookie

Hopefully Sky push and advertise the NFL more, Sky Sports News rarelly talk about the NFL and the app for iPad doesnt have American Football as a sport. They need to do almot more the the NFL starting next season.
Old 16.02.2015, 12:46 PM
All Pro

The question is, will NFL fans pay more in the coming seasons to subsidise the huge increase in Premier League rights (while in the meantime paying for a lesser soccer product because there is no Champions League) or will this push more people towards Gamepass?
At the moment I have both Sky and Gamepass (and BT) but I may have to consider dropping Sky Sports if the costs go up by much, with talk of the increase being anywhere from £4 to £10 a month to fully cover the increase in EPL rights, assuming BT will also charge more next year.
Old 16.02.2015, 12:56 PM
Pro Bowler

Agree if the costs are further pushed as a result (as likely will) I will probably drop Sky Sports. Only watch Football, Speedway & NFL and the British Speedway shown is a watered down product compared to offerings on Eurosport.