Sunday 23 October 2016

VS  

Sunday 30 October 2016

VS  

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Sponsored Links

Old 23.03.2009, 11:06 AM
All Pro

Thats handy to know as I was thinking of getting the team pass and wondered what would happen if the game was on sky...so i imagine you can watch it soon after
Sponsored Links
Old 23.03.2009, 06:11 PM
All Pro

Send a message via Skype™ to martin3026

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1943spitfire View Post
Does it give you the score before you watch it? I'm planning to avoid the score of certain games and watch them via gamepass afterwards.
Unfortunately because the feed is the live broadcast that the US gets, you do occasionally get scores flashed up on a ticker at the bottom of the screen, or the commentators may make stray comments. It can be annoying but last year I got used to ignoring anything that came accross the bottom of the screen. Not ideal but at small price to pay for the ability to watch every game played.
Old 23.03.2009, 06:43 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin3026 View Post
Unfortunately because the feed is the live broadcast that the US gets, you do occasionally get scores flashed up on a ticker at the bottom of the screen, or the commentators may make stray comments. It can be annoying but last year I got used to ignoring anything that came accross the bottom of the screen. Not ideal but at small price to pay for the ability to watch every game played.
Thanks. I will have to selotape a piece of card on my screen (over the ticker), but I meant does the main gamepass site give you the score before you watch a game that has already been played.

Ie: does it give you the list of games from week one, or the scores from week one?
Old 23.03.2009, 07:13 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1943spitfire View Post
Thanks. I will have to selotape a piece of card on my screen (over the ticker), but I meant does the main gamepass site give you the score before you watch a game that has already been played.

Ie: does it give you the list of games from week one, or the scores from week one?
It lists the game from that week not the scores. GamePass in itself is good for that, you can turn on scores and stats but it pops up 'spoiler alert' to warn you before hand. Don't go into chat during live games , LOL, I've had a few scores spoilt of games I was going to watch afterwards.
Old 24.03.2009, 01:06 PM
Hall of Fame

As for quality, DVI - HDMI cable from PC to 42" plasma, better picture quality than I get on Sky Sports via Virgin
Old 28.03.2009, 11:52 PM
All Pro

What speed internet connection do you guys recommend use Game Pass?
Old 31.03.2009, 09:31 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnst1981 View Post
What speed internet connection do you guys recommend use Game Pass?
The HD version has speed rate determining software so basically in a nutshell it won't stop and buffer or cut out like the standard version if your line slows down a little. The adaptive rate buffering maintains a picture at all times if possible by changing the speed.

But to answer your question I would recommend at least a guaranteed 2MB line for the HD version so give and take some slow dips in your line speed or at busy times at the weekend it should still buffer around 1000kbps (1MB roughly) and this would give you a very good picture. If you had no slowdown and if it buffered at 2000kbps (2MB) the picture would be tremendous indeed.

For the standard version I think a 1MB line would be ok but still might have some slowdown issues at the busy weekend times for a good constant 700kbps stream.

2MB in short mate

Last edited by Mark_Duper; 31.03.2009 at 09:35 PM.
Old 01.04.2009, 06:10 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Duper View Post
The HD version has speed rate determining software so basically in a nutshell it won't stop and buffer or cut out like the standard version if your line slows down a little. The adaptive rate buffering maintains a picture at all times if possible by changing the speed.

But to answer your question I would recommend at least a guaranteed 2MB line for the HD version so give and take some slow dips in your line speed or at busy times at the weekend it should still buffer around 1000kbps (1MB roughly) and this would give you a very good picture. If you had no slowdown and if it buffered at 2000kbps (2MB) the picture would be tremendous indeed.

For the standard version I think a 1MB line would be ok but still might have some slowdown issues at the busy weekend times for a good constant 700kbps stream.

2MB in short mate
Awesome, I think we have 8mb here so that should be cool.

Thanks mate.
Old 06.05.2009, 05:24 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnst1981 View Post
Awesome, I think we have 8mb here so that should be cool.

Thanks mate.
I'm with bt and I get something like 8mb.....
Old 06.05.2009, 05:56 PM
All Pro

Send a message via Skype™ to martin3026

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Warrior View Post
I'm with bt and I get something like 8mb.....
Don't be fooled by what they tell you, you'll probably find it's "UP TO 8mb" and is likely to be a lot slower, often below 1 meg ....

you can get a true reading here .. http://www.bandwidth.com/tools/speedTest/

Tags
football , game , nfl , pass , super