VS  

Sunday 30 October 2016

VS  

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Sponsored Links

Old 26.08.2015, 10:06 AM
Administrator

Default Sunday Night Football to be shown on Sky Sports

Sky Sports will be showing NFL's Sunday Night Football live for the next two years, bringing viewers an additional game a week and taking the schedule to more than 100 live matches a season.

NFL fans with Sky Sports can enjoy more coverage than ever before across TV, online, mobile and tablet devices with at least five games a week across the regular season, every playoff clash, the Super Bowl and the Pro Bowl.

Also new for this season is Monday Night Football, which alongside Thursday and Sunday games, provides viewers with more matches during the regular season. Sky Sports will also be showing exclusively live pre-season coverage for the first time in seven years, as New Orleans Saints host the Houston Texans on Sunday 30 August.

There will be all the drama and scores from around the NFL each Sunday of the regular season from RedZone, available via the red button and Sky Sports Xtra, which is available to customers through skysports.com and the Sky Sports iPad app.

Sunday Night Football is America's most watched programme and from week five of the season, the NFL's flexible scheduling ensures that a key match-up with playoff implications is featured. In the final six weeks of the regular season Sunday Night Football will also be simulcast live on Sky One. Commentary comes from NBC's award-winning pairing of Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth.

The schedule for week one of live NFL on Sky Sports has now been confirmed:

New England Patriots v Pittsburgh Steelers Thu 10 Sept Midnight

Chicago Bears v Green Bay Packers Sun 13 Sep 5.30pm

Denver Broncos v Baltimore Ravens Sun 13 Sep 9pm

Dallas Cowboys v New York Giants Mon 13 Sep 0.30am

Atlanta Falcons v Philadelphia Eagles Tue 15 Sep 0:05am

San Francisco 49ers v Minnesota Vikings Tue 15 Sep 3:15am

As well as live games, Sky Sports will offer full coverage and analysis through online and social media including all the news, previews and game reports. Video content will be available every day during the season on Sky Sports platforms, including the "Top 5 Touchdowns" of the week.

Viewers can also enjoy the latest edition of the NFL and HBO produced series, NFL Hard Knocks, featuring the Houston Texans, as well as other award winning NFL films programming. Sky Sports News HQ will continue to provide up to date NFL news, views and previews, plus highlights of all the action will be available On Demand.

Only the 6pm and 9:25pm Sunday games will be blacked on out on NFL Game Pass.

Full the full TV schedule click here.
Sponsored Links
Old 26.08.2015, 10:16 AM
Starter

Default Not Happy we lose Channel 4 Sunday Night Football

Okay I know it means all the NFL stays on 1 channel for this season, but must admit I preferred Michael Carlson as a pundit.

Dissapointed we'll have no Channel 4 coverage this season.
Old 26.08.2015, 10:18 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL11 View Post
Okay I know it means all the NFL stays on 1 channel for this season, but must admit I preferred Michael Carlson as a pundit.

Dissapointed we'll have no Channel 4 coverage this season.
Sky may get Carlson in for SNF for all we know. Unless he has announced otherwise?
Old 26.08.2015, 10:21 AM
Starter

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Bear View Post
Sky may get Carlson in for SNF for all we know. Unless he has announced otherwise?
Just asked him on Twittersville, but nothing back yet.
Old 26.08.2015, 10:23 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Just asked him on Twittersville, but nothing back yet.
i wonder if he and Nat might end up doing an NFL funded highlights show that lands on some channel or platform - BBC3 / iplayer/Channel 5?
Old 26.08.2015, 10:26 AM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonno View Post
i wonder if he and Nat might end up doing an NFL funded highlights show that lands on some channel or platform - BBC3 / iplayer/Channel 5?
Just seen this in the Forum posted 13th August, looks like Mike knew no C4 NFL this season then:

https://twitter.com/Carlsonsports/st...25600917090304

So all we can hope is they make the SKY Sport NFL studio fit 3 pundits or they cut one of the 2 regular pundits they have, though can;t see it.
Old 26.08.2015, 10:33 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Just seen this in the Forum posted 13th August, looks like Mike knew no C4 NFL this season then:

https://twitter.com/Carlsonsports/st...25600917090304

So all we can hope is they make the SKY Sport NFL studio fit 3 pundits or they cut one of the 2 regular pundits they have, though can;t see it.
The could swap the panel for SNF, otherwise it's a 9-10 hour stint for Kevin and friends!
Old 26.08.2015, 10:33 AM
All Pro

Nat's 'watch this space' comment from Monday makes me think him and Mike will be a little more involved in the season than just Wembley games, playoff highlights and Super Bowl on BBC. However I don't think Nat was involved at all the last time BBC had some coverage.
Old 26.08.2015, 10:36 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcapp96 View Post
The could swap the panel for SNF, otherwise it's a 9-10 hour stint for Kevin and friends!
They did this back in 2009(10?) when they last had SNF rights. They may just take the NBC feed like TNF last season.
Old 26.08.2015, 10:49 AM
All Pro

Well I'd already signed up for Sky Sports again but this makes me feel I am getting a bit more for my buck!

Excellent news for me personally. It's a bit of a shame there'll not be any free to air coverage for non sky sports subscribers, apart from the IS games and Superbowl.