Sunday 30 October 2016

VS  

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Sponsored Links

Old 09.09.2015, 01:03 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Marks View Post
Well, it'll almost certainly be Mike Carlson - so (IMO at least) yes, better analysts.

Your mileage may vary of course.

Plus a host (who's the BBC guy who did the late-season red button coverage a couple of years ago ? When they actually had a host and a pundit sat in what looked like the NFL Store stockroom rather than just having the footage and showing the standings, results and schedules with music at the US commercial breaks. I've completely forgotten his name), and an ex-player pundit who's either completely neutral or representing one of the teams involved (one for each team if the league makes them available and/or the BBC can afford them both).
I think the BBC guy was Mark "chappers" Chapman, sometime MoTD presenter and rugby league, usually with Rocky Boiden (I think).
Sponsored Links
Old 09.09.2015, 01:05 PM
All Pro

Strange that the BBC decide to show the Bills v Jags game live on BBC 2 and not the red button when it's already streamed free by Yahoo and the second half clashes with a Rugby World Cup Semi Final.
Old 09.09.2015, 01:15 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonno View Post
Strange that the BBC decide to show the Bills v Jags game live on BBC 2 and not the red button when it's already streamed free by Yahoo and the second half clashes with a Rugby World Cup Semi Final.
BBC will not be bothered by this as rugby world cup is on ITV.
Old 09.09.2015, 01:17 PM
All Pro

So Sky are not showing Jets v Dolphins then as the press release says BBC showing it exclusively?
Old 09.09.2015, 01:25 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinergrim View Post
I wonder how Sky Sports feel… not being an exclusive deal for Sky?
The Wembley games have always been non-exclusive, even back when the BBC chose not to use the opportunity to show them live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Marks View Post
When they actually had a host and a pundit sat in what looked like the NFL Store stockroom…
I believe it was the corner of a radio studio.

But that was Darren Fletcher with Rocky Boiman. They both commentated on the Super Bowl for Radio 5 Live earlier this year, as they have done for the last four years (and Fletcher for five).
Old 09.09.2015, 01:30 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaldenavn View Post
The Wembley games have always been non-exclusive, even back when the BBC chose not to use the opportunity to show them live.

I believe it was the corner of a radio studio.

But that was Darren Fletcher with Rocky Boiman. They both commentated on the Super Bowl for Radio 5 Live earlier this year, as they have done for the last four years (and Fletcher for five).
Well, I was half right my mistake.
Old 09.09.2015, 02:33 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowman View Post
They do say that highlights will be available on the BBC sports website. I just hope that they are not disappointed if the viewing figures for the Wembley games are low, given that about 70,000 fans will actually be at the game!

As someone has already said, better late than never!
The Chargers v Saints first half got 700,000 in 2008 on BBC2. Channel 4 never got near that with their 5 games over the last two years. You always seem to get better figures on the beeb.

Last edited by jonno; 09.09.2015 at 03:02 PM.
Old 09.09.2015, 03:10 PM
Pro

Does anyone know if any bbc radio station will be simulcasting coverage of a us radio covering the 3 games? Like in previous years
Old 09.09.2015, 03:14 PM
Pro

Quote:
I don't hold up much hope at yahoo secussfully broadcasting online, remember when game pass was run by yahoo. And this is the whole world and the only way US audiences get to see the game they are going to need tons of bandwidth.
Old 09.09.2015, 04:46 PM
Pro

Quote:
So Sky are not showing Jets v Dolphins then as the press release says BBC showing it exclusively?
I would also be interested in knowing this. Hopefully Sky don't get to show it which will boost the BBC figures. However as others have said Bills is also on Yahoo so that has another free alternative and the final one being red button and online they are not counting