Sunday 30 October 2016

VS  

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Sponsored Links

Old 27.11.2016, 01:36 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pozbaird View Post
Jeff Reinebold added tonight in the studio for the Lions - Vikings game. A breath of fresh air. He is knowledgeable, lively, a bit edgy, and you can actually see Neil Reynolds coming back to life bouncing off Jeff's enthusiastic contributions.

Dara and Shaun still there unfortunately...the mannequin challenge alive and well.
I remember a couple of seasons ago when he called Reynolds a 'beeyatch' live on air. Neil was making some typical wussy kind of remark and Jeff let him have it!
I loved that one!
Sponsored Links
Old 27.11.2016, 06:47 PM
Rookie

Default Dara

She's absolutely awful. Shows how bad she is that people are begging for KC to come back who was not great. As she's American she gets to present but is as bad as Mark Chapman!

For me the ideal scenario, but will never happen would be Mike Carlson, Jeff Reinbold and another guest from the NFL, preferably an ex player who can give that insight. Shaun Gayle seems a nice guy but is dull as an analyst.

Baldinger was good a few weeks back and as he's been pretty much sacked from NFL Network, he may welcome the gig
Old 27.11.2016, 11:53 PM
Pro

Where has shaun gone?
Old 28.11.2016, 02:47 AM
All Pro

Quotas to fill. Women in men's sports coverage roles is a massive plus for the old equal opportunities people.

Just look at the BBC's football and cricket coverage to see how bad it's getting for know-nothing women.
Old 28.11.2016, 10:39 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by packreb View Post
Can't stand her. Hate the studio set up they have, very 1990s looking. Having said that won't complain at the amount of NFL sky put out.
Spoke with my friend at Sky last week about all of this - apparently the NFL budget is pretty small still, surprisingly, so I get the impression they can only do the bare minimum when it comes to studio dressing / design. I made a few suggestions to them, but dont think any of it will be implemented unfortunately.

As for Dara, not impressed at all with her. Was willing to give her time, but its just not working, or improving, in my opinion. Because of that, we tend to go over to RZ once the games start and stay there the rest of the night.

Shame Coach Reinebold has a gig up in Canada - otherwise I would say give it to him and A. Nother. Reynolds still annoys me and, lovely guy that Shaun Gayle is, he has no charisma in front of the cameras as an analyst. Its a pretty uninspiring, and wooden, team on our screens these days.
Old 28.11.2016, 10:50 AM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKosar View Post
Shame Coach Reinebold has a gig up in Canada - otherwise I would say give it to him and A. Nother. Reynolds still annoys me and, lovely guy that Shaun Gayle is, he has no charisma in front of the cameras as an analyst. Its a pretty uninspiring, and wooden, team on our screens these days.
In my ideal world the Sky studio would be Coombs hosting with Carlson & Reinebold as the pundits. Obviously the latter of that trinity is not possible for most of the season, but gawd knows why they don't utilise Coombs and Carlson in presenting roles. If they did I wouldn't be forced to watch Redzone.

Seriously that is how bad the Sky studio team is, I cant stomach watching them during a full game.
Old 28.11.2016, 10:56 AM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by durham_raider View Post
Quotas to fill. Women in men's sports coverage roles is a massive plus for the old equal opportunities people.

Just look at the BBC's football and cricket coverage to see how bad it's getting for know-nothing women.
Nail hit on the head
Old 28.11.2016, 03:38 PM
Pro

There was a female commentator on match of the day once.....only once. It sounded terrible, just not right at all
Old 28.11.2016, 09:33 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadcol View Post
There was a female commentator on match of the day once.....only once. It sounded terrible, just not right at all
Jacqui Oatley.
Old 28.11.2016, 10:14 PM
Pro

checkout this lot
http://tvnewsroom.site/sky-sports/sk...esenters-3901/