VS  

Sunday 30 October 2016

VS  

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Sponsored Links

Old 06.12.2016, 09:08 PM
Rookie

Default The NFL Show BBC

After watching the game for nearly 32 years The NFL Show has to be the best highlights show to be shown in the UK so far.The presentation is superb with Osi Umenyiora Jason Bell and Mark Chapman a perfect combination.The BBC should be congratulated for putting together a quality show twice a week,
Sponsored Links
Old 07.12.2016, 09:48 AM
Starter

I agree. BBC's NFL presentation always seems to have way more life to it than anything Sky does. I prefer everything about it from the panel to the studio. I have gamepass anyway, but when I do watch a game on Sky the studio/panel just suck the life out of anything. They all seem so bored, especially compared to Osi and Jason!

I know the BBCs NFL coverage gets criticized for sometimes pandering to beginners too much, but that's something people have to accept following a more niche sport in the UK.
Old 07.12.2016, 10:23 AM
All Pro

I'd suggest congratulations probably go more to NFLUK and Whisper Films than the BBC. I've heard the show is pretty much funded by the league (hence why they appear on Gamepass) and Whisper Films are the production crew behind it all, probably commissioned by the NFL themselves. As with their F1 coverage they do a great job.
Old 07.12.2016, 11:53 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Las Vegas Here We Come View Post
After watching the game for nearly 32 years The NFL Show has to be the best highlights show to be shown in the UK so far.
Perhaps I'm being nostalgic, but I preferred the Channel 4 shows in the '80s. Bring back Gary Imlach. Then again, we were surviving on scraps of footage back then, compared to the saturation coverage available now.
Old 07.12.2016, 09:13 PM
Pro Bowler

Yes I love the BBC shows. Watched tv American Football back to 1982 and IMO this is one of the best NFL shows ever. Osi is a real character lots of personality and charisma. The banter between the three is excellent. No comparison at all between the excellent BBC presentation and the awful planks on Sky including ultra boring Reynolds.
Old 10.12.2016, 09:26 PM
Pro Bowler

I am impressed with The NFL Show, it's definitely the best review/preview show in recent years. Although I sometimes pine for the days of the peerless Gary Imlach in his Channel 4 pomp, the presentation is very solid and knowledgeable. Chappers is an affable host, and it helps the programme that it has Osi and J-Bell as resident experts who like to have a little fun. It certainly is a better product for the league than the Sky Sports juggernaut - sometimes I wonder why Sky bother, it definitely shows that having piles of money is no guarantee for a polished programme, especially with Dara "Princess Clueless" Kennedy and Mr Marmite himself, Neil Reynolds.

Coming back to The NFL Show, the closing pieces are also superlative, I'm completely convinced that Eddie Butler is after the NFL Films narration job.
Old 12.12.2016, 12:00 PM
Pro

I can't agree that it is a great highlights show, as they don't show many highlights. The studio chat is good, but then they round up some games by only showing one or two plays. Pretty poor to be honest.
Old 12.12.2016, 06:23 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by simsini View Post
I can't agree that it is a great highlights show, as they don't show many highlights. The studio chat is good, but then they round up some games by only showing one or two plays. Pretty poor to be honest.
I Agree with you in the sense that they don't really show in depth highlights of many games. As it's a fairly new programme we can only hope that they keep the slots and potentially extend the length of the show to incorporate more footage.

But the charismatic way in which the show is hosted and analysed is leaps ahead of the dross that Sky stick in front of the camera.
Old 25.12.2016, 01:05 AM
All Pro

it is always a great show but sometimes too much bromance/giggling with each other going on.

but it is a great coup for BBC with osi and jason bell.
Old 11.01.2017, 03:30 PM
Rookie

Just watching last night's show, and Osi is hilarious talking about the NYG-Packers game, especially the hail mary lack of defence..."what were they thinking ? They're all confused, looking at each other like "Who farted on the airplane ?", and having a good go at Beckham too, deservedly so I think.