VS  

Sunday 30 October 2016

VS  

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Sponsored Links

Old 23.01.2017, 07:31 PM
Rookie

Default Sky Super Bowl Week Coverage

Are sky going to show extra content during super bowl week, like media day, this year?
Sponsored Links
Old 24.01.2017, 12:24 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by donderevo View Post
Are sky going to show extra content during super bowl week, like media day, this year?
The last few years they've had a dedicated channel of sorts, showing greatest games and the like. They don't seem to be doing that this year unfortunately. They're not even showing the Pro Bowl skills challenge according to the schedules.

My best bet would be a quick round up of media day on Sky Sports News. Can't say it'll get much billing with it being on around transfer deadline day, mind.
Old 24.01.2017, 01:48 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunk247 View Post
The last few years they've had a dedicated channel of sorts, showing greatest games and the like. They don't seem to be doing that this year unfortunately.
Not the full week, but they will from 6am on Wednesday, February 1st. Sky Sports 3 seems to be only those sort of NFL programmes and nothing else until the Super Bowl coverage begins at 10pm on the Sunday.

I believe Neil and Jeff will be in Houston for the week building up to the game to record a daily programme that will be available online and on-demand. Then flying back to London for the game itself!
Old 24.01.2017, 02:30 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaldenavn View Post
I believe Neil and Jeff will be in Houston for the week building up to the game to record a daily programme that will be available online and on-demand. Then flying back to London for the game itself!
That's a bit of a tease for them isn't it? I'd be devastated if I got sent out for the build up and brought back home just as it's about to kick off!
Old 26.01.2017, 11:37 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunk247 View Post
The last few years they've had a dedicated channel of sorts, showing greatest games and the like. They don't seem to be doing that this year unfortunately. They're not even showing the Pro Bowl skills challenge according to the schedules.

My best bet would be a quick round up of media day on Sky Sports News. Can't say it'll get much billing with it being on around transfer deadline day, mind.
Every year thee coverage degrades. Just 2 years ago there was NFL Network live much of the week.
Old 27.01.2017, 01:26 AM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by packerbully View Post
Every year thee coverage degrades. Just 2 years ago there was NFL Network live much of the week.
That's exactly what I said in the Dara thread. No NFL Network, ditched the fantasy, stopped showing NFL Films shows, previews on demand etc..

The NFL package as a whole is a shadow of what it was even a couple of years ago.
Old 27.01.2017, 06:33 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by packerbully View Post
I think you might have already answered my question here. On the build up to SB49 there was loads of NFL coverage, interviews etc - is that not happening this year?

5 minutes at the end of the hour on Sky Sports News just isn't gonna be enough build-up.
Old 27.01.2017, 09:53 PM
MVP

Looking at the schedule its the same america's game/football life's we seen all the time and even the greatest games are pretty much the same ones as last year.would be nice if they found some new things but they did keep some new content(the timeline finding giants) for the pre-draft week last year.
Old 27.01.2017, 10:14 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
Looking at the schedule its the same america's game/football life's we seen all the time and even the greatest games are pretty much the same ones as last year.would be nice if they found some new things but they did keep some new content(the timeline finding giants) for the pre-draft week last year.
Totally agree. There have been 2-3 new seasons of a football life and another Timeline series since then. We just get the Barry Sanders football life for the 74th time. Not good enough.

It'll be the first Super Bowl in years where I haven't watched any build up or complimentary shows.

I'm starting to wonder with a lot of the decisions over the recent years if Sky are looking to offload the coverage and move on?
Old 28.01.2017, 11:58 AM
Pro

Don't forget Sky have big games like Bournemouth versus Swansea or Hull versus West Brom to promote, so that leaves little time for NFL coverage, even though it is leading up to the biggest week of the season. EPL and the massive amount of money that Sky put in to the footy coverage means there is little time or appetite from their top brass for much else that doesn't involve top flight football.

Look at the humongous coverage that their transfer deadline day will get on Tuesday when Jim White and his yellow tie will be wetting himself all evening long as Fred Bloggs completes a loan move from Colchester to Crystal Palace.

No Ringside, Boots n all, other magazine shows, correspondents being made redundant, all to fund their Premier League cash cow, and i am a football fan (both codes).

They've dumbed down their sports coverage so much, barring the Premier League coverage, it is unbelievable, yet they can still pay the likes of Thierry Henry 4 million a year or so.

If it is true that Neil, Jeff etc are going over to Houston to record stuff in Super Bowl week and then broadcasting the game from their studio in Isleworth, then that is unbelievable too.

Surely it isn't too much to ask, for Sky the main Super Bowl and NFL broadcaster in the UK, to devote some airtime every evening on one of their 5 channels for some pre game coverage and then at least send the broadcasters out there to cover the game.

Next thing we'll be having Don Johnson back in the studio, after all he must get cheaper every year!