Sunday 30 October 2016

VS  

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Sponsored Links

Old 02.02.2017, 12:34 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
so for some reason Sky have changed the schedule again for the 5 days of nfl stuff,the classic games have now all gone and have been replaced by Road to the superbowl which is just bits of the NFL Films/mic'd up stuff from the regular season.

also no superbowl preview show.makes no sense.
and most of those other Football life and America game shows have been shown over and over and over plus been on demand. No preview show, no talk show, nothing new. Pathetic. I reckon Sky will slowly drop NFL at this rate once TV deal is up.
Sponsored Links
Old 02.02.2017, 04:00 AM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by packerbully View Post
and most of those other Football life and America game shows have been shown over and over and over plus been on demand. No preview show, no talk show, nothing new. Pathetic. I reckon Sky will slowly drop NFL at this rate once TV deal is up.
I had to laugh during the Pro Bowl. They showed a clip of the Terrell Owens Football Life during one of the breaks in play (as Sky always do to promote their on demand stuff).

Funny thing is, Sky have never shown that episode and it's not on demand either! Even though it aired in America 2 seasons ago.

It's like they're mocking us. Here's what you could of had kind of thing.
Old 02.02.2017, 07:08 PM
Starter

Has anyone caught any of the America's Games being shown? Especially the old ones. They are the original 4:3 letter boxed versions stretched (out of proportion) to widescreen so you have permanent black bars at the top and bottom and occasionally surrounding the entire picture (e.g. when old clips are playing)! You'd think someone at Sky or NFLUK would've noticed and had the library upgraded especially as they are available via Gamepass in HD.
Old 03.02.2017, 09:06 AM
Pro

We'll get a better idea of Sky's commitment, or otherwise, to the NFL when the rights to SNF are back up for negotiation, I believe by the start of the 2017 season.
I think they'll drop those games confirming, in my view, that my decision to drop Sky Sports for Gamepass was the right one.
Old 03.02.2017, 11:14 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterRambles View Post
We'll get a better idea of Sky's commitment, or otherwise, to the NFL when the rights to SNF are back up for negotiation, I believe by the start of the 2017 season.
I think they'll drop those games confirming, in my view, that my decision to drop Sky Sports for Gamepass was the right one.
Based on what exactly?
Old 03.02.2017, 05:09 PM
Starter

I know it's not maybe what we all want, but personally I feel for a minority sport in a sports heavy environment here we do well to get what we do. Yes I'd love for SKY to show more but think sometimes we just need to be a bit more realistic about what to expect.
Old 03.02.2017, 10:49 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMBOB89 View Post
I know it's not maybe what we all want, but personally I feel for a minority sport in a sports heavy environment here we do well to get what we do. Yes I'd love for SKY to show more but think sometimes we just need to be a bit more realistic about what to expect.
I'd agree with that, if the Sky coverage had always been at this level it would be OK. The fact it was much better with far more content a couple of years ago is the problem for me.

Every season it gets worse, they stop showing programmes that were a staple (NFL Total Access, ditched fantasy, NFL Films content, no Super Bowl build up etc..).
Old 03.02.2017, 11:24 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunk247 View Post
I'd agree with that, if the Sky coverage had always been at this level it would be OK. The fact it was much better with far more content a couple of years ago is the problem for me.

Every season it gets worse, they stop showing programmes that were a staple (NFL Total Access, ditched fantasy, NFL Films content, no Super Bowl build up etc..).
As much as its easy to dislike them as a corporation, Sky strike me as being pretty successful at what they do.

Maybe these types of shows simply don't get the viewership that NFL fans seem to think they do.
Old 04.02.2017, 01:57 AM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PavlovsDog View Post
As much as its easy to dislike them as a corporation, Sky strike me as being pretty successful at what they do.

Maybe these types of shows simply don't get the viewership that NFL fans seem to think they do.
Maybe they don't! But I'd imagine anyone who's willing to watch a game for 4 hours or go to Wembley has enough curiousity about the game to want access to information and learn about it's historic players and stories.

My appreciation, understanding and love for the game came from those kind of shows. It puts the 7 hours of coverage on a Sunday into context.

Sky and the NFL say they want to grow the game here, not airing content like that when they did a couple of years ago is a major downgrade and a shame imo.
Old 04.02.2017, 02:22 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunk247 View Post
Maybe they don't! But I'd imagine anyone who's willing to watch a game for 4 hours or go to Wembley has enough curiousity about the game to want access to information and learn about it's historic players and stories.

My appreciation, understanding and love for the game came from those kind of shows. It puts the 7 hours of coverage on a Sunday into context.

Sky and the NFL say they want to grow the game here, not airing content like that when they did a couple of years ago is a major downgrade and a shame imo.
But that's just it. Watching the games is quite a commitment in itself. I wonder how people find the time for all this, unless they actually dedicate all their spare time to NFL and afford minimal time to anything else.

The reality is most people can't spare that much time, so I do genuinely wonder how in demand these support shows actually are.