Sunday 30 October 2016

VS  

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Sponsored Links

Old 07.02.2017, 07:32 AM
Team Captain

Send a message via MSN to NFLtheBest
Default Super Bowl coverage question ?

This may be a dumb question but I wondering why doesn't your networks replay the Super Bowl? It seems to me the game last in the wee hours of the night, who the hell can stay awake to watch the whole thing, especially when if you're watching alone.

Today, the NFL network rebroadcast the game (edited down to 3 hours) and I thought wouldn't it be great if they could do the same on SKY or the BBC and rebroadcast at 6PM your time? I'm assuming AM football is a minor sport and don't want to be bothered with it.

Just a thought,

NFLtheBest
Sponsored Links
Old 07.02.2017, 07:40 AM
MVP

The whole game was/is available on demand on BBC iPlayer.
Old 07.02.2017, 09:38 AM
MVP

Sky had a full 6 hour repeat on monday morning of there full superbowl show and had there 2 hour full game highlight package on about 6 times.
Old 07.02.2017, 10:35 AM
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to Paul_Dixon

BBC are also doing its normal 50 minute highlight show tonight (Tuesday)
Old 07.02.2017, 04:15 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLtheBest View Post
This may be a dumb question but I wondering why doesn't your networks replay the Super Bowl?
Why did you think they do not?

Further to all the above responses, Sky replayed their full Sunday night broadcast three times yesterday, including at 8:30pm on their basic channel Sky Sports Mix. In addition they aired a two-hour edit of the game four times, including at 6pm and 8pm.

Between 8am and 1:30am, that amounts to 26 hours given to replaying the Super Bowl. Plus there was another showing of the two-hour edit at 1am.

That two-hour edit is also available to watch on-demand. And Sky Sports Mix are still showing it today, including another primetime 8pm broadcast.

BBC one aired a forty-minute highlights show at 12:20am, which is being shown several times today on their red button channel. But the full original broadcast is available on-demand via iPlayer. As now is that highlights programme.

BBC Radio 5 Live Sports Extra also had full replays of their radio coverage three times, including at 6pm. That too is available on-demand via iPlayer. Although due to technical difficulties this only starts with the second quarter, on Sunday night they broadcast the TV audio for pre-game and the first quarter.

Sky Sports rarely shows full replays of any events they show these days, except for T20 cricket matches everything gets edited down into thirty- or sixty-minute packages. Yet they scheduled several full replays of five hours. And because the game overran that slot, changed their schedules to give it six hours to still show the full broadcast rather than edit anything out.

I admit it is a shame the BBC did not have a full game replay on the red button, or if they did it was not advertised. But we were hardly lacking for replays.
Old 07.02.2017, 04:37 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLtheBest View Post
This may be a dumb question but I wondering why doesn't your networks replay the Super Bowl? It seems to me the game last in the wee hours of the night, who the hell can stay awake to watch the whole thing, especially when if you're watching alone.

Today, the NFL network rebroadcast the game (edited down to 3 hours) and I thought wouldn't it be great if they could do the same on SKY or the BBC and rebroadcast at 6PM your time? I'm assuming AM football is a minor sport and don't want to be bothered with it.

Just a thought,

NFLtheBest
People have already corrected you on the TV side of your comments, so I am going to focus on your comment about 'who the hell can stay awake, especially when alone'.

I'm not sure this is especially difficult. Many people here book the Monday off work, or else just 'power' through on limited sleep. I guess as the SB is on a Sunday, most people are off work and could get a few hours sleep in before the game starts.

It really isn't anywhere near as difficult as you make out. Plus what does watching alone have to do with the price of fish?
Old 07.02.2017, 04:50 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PavlovsDog View Post
Plus what does watching alone have to do with the price of fish?
Watching alone is the way to go, in my opinion. The content is usually absorbing enough. I've never understood the mindset of people who prefer to watch TV sport in pubs or with crowds. Perhaps they don't get a full enjoyment kick from it, without some additional refreshments and/or atmosphere?
Old 07.02.2017, 07:15 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenni Kohoutova View Post
Watching alone is the way to go, in my opinion. The content is usually absorbing enough. I've never understood the mindset of people who prefer to watch TV sport in pubs or with crowds. Perhaps they don't get a full enjoyment kick from it, without some additional refreshments and/or atmosphere?
Most of the season watch by myself, certainly SNF, TNF and MNF, so Superbowl is no different to the other 4 months of the season.
Sometimes watch with a couple of good mates who i go to the London games with. Theyre similar to me in that focus is solely on the football rather than food, beer, social media etc.
Not a massive fan of sports bars/pubs as theres usually a loudmouth that thinks they know everything that you just want to shut up. Also im quite introverted.
Old 07.02.2017, 09:40 PM
Rookie

Stating the obvious, but anyone with Sky can record the whole thing and fast forward through the adverts / pundits, and I would guess everyone else has some form of recording device, so who needs networks to put a repeat on?
Old 07.02.2017, 10:50 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PavlovsDog View Post
Plus what does watching alone have to do with the price of fish?
Well nobody wants to eat a fish supper on their own, do they? So demand falls and therefore fishmongers are forced to reduce their prices.