Get The Latest News On

NFL Network
What is Tailgate?
Old
  (#1)
RamsAreTheBest14
All Pro

Default What is Tailgate? - 03.09.2010, 08:21 PM

I'm reading loads of posts with 'TAILGATE' written all over them. What on Earth is 'Tailgate'. Is it a thing just at Wembley? Where can you get tickets for it? Thanks Sorry If I look dumb.... I'm not really

Old
  (#2)
nepalex
All Pro

Default 03.09.2010, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfan14 View Post
I'm reading loads of posts with 'TAILGATE' written all over them. What on Earth is 'Tailgate'. Is it a thing just at Wembley? Where can you get tickets for it? Thanks Sorry If I look dumb.... I'm not really
The tailgate people are referring to is the party held before the IS game at Wembley. A tailgate is the American word for the back of their car so a tailgate party is a sort of social gathering in the car park before the big game. (The IS tailgate is different. It's got NFL exhibitions and merchandise stands etc)

Tickets are normally free and assigned in a lottery before the day although Hank mentioned in an earlier post they are trying for a non ticketed event. Keep watching for an update I guess.

Hope that helps, dolfan with the rams avatar lol

Old
  (#3)
RamsAreTheBest14
All Pro

Default 03.09.2010, 09:22 PM

yeah - you can't change your name so I had to . And thanks for the info

Old
  (#4)
nepalex
All Pro

Default 03.09.2010, 09:26 PM

Quote:
yeah - you can't change your name so I had to . And thanks for the info
No problem mate. At least you can't be called a glory hunter lol

Old
  (#5)
RamsAreTheBest14
All Pro

Default 03.09.2010, 10:56 PM

hahaha I will refrain from any comment

Old
  (#6)
PeteAtomic
All Pro

Default 03.09.2010, 11:23 PM

Quote:
lol, a tailgate is just a big party out in the parking lot outside a stadium during the game where people bbq bratwurst, steaks, drink beer and bullsh*t about the game. It comes from putting the gate down on the back of your truck and having an improptu party. Often in the states, if you bring a pack of brats/or whatever with you (and the trimmings) with some beers, you can join a group of strangers (if you don't have your own bbq) and party with them before the game

Old
  (#7)
RamsAreTheBest14
All Pro

Default 03.09.2010, 11:50 PM

Oh, so it's not like a BIG TV Screen outside the stadium where people just sit and watch the game? And is anything like that possible or not?

Old
  (#8)
Jonny73
All Pro

Default 04.09.2010, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Oh, so it's not like a BIG TV Screen outside the stadium where people just sit and watch the game? And is anything like that possible or not?
No, the tailgate closes once the game kicks off and there are no TV screens. I don't think they'd be allowed to do that, the area is busy enough with 85,000 people without inviting people without a ticket to come along.

Last years tailgate had merchandise stalls for NFC and AFC teams, a hall of fame museum (including Vince Lombardi Trophy), 3D cinema, food, beer, display/meeting point for each team and a live band on stage.

Last edited by Jonny73; 04.09.2010 at 12:39 PM..

Old
  (#9)
HONEYWILL11
Pro

Default 06.09.2010, 10:43 PM

yeah, last years was absolutely brilliant, they had an EA tent where you could play all the new games out like fifa, madden etc you got a token for 1 free beer lol and everything else what johnny73 said, it was a brilliant event and made the whole day awesome
you just gotta apply (when we can : P) and hope and pray you get them
last year there was only 3000 tickets and i was lucky enough to get 3 for me, my mum and dad

Old
  (#10)
andy32uk
All Pro

Default 06.09.2010, 10:48 PM

remember last years "scrum" in the hall of fame tent to look at the vince lombardi trophy..my sister in law went in to take a pic and came out only to find she had lost her ticket arrrrrrrrrrrrgghhh...about to keel over but it wasnt the £125 club wembley ticket...only her £35 train ticket!!....had to trudge back to the station to get her another..bloody women...im keeping all the tickets this year