Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > New to the NFL?

Advice on Nike Jersey Sizes
Old
  (#1)
Stueyh111
Team Captain

Default Advice on Nike Jersey Sizes - 01.07.2012, 12:46 PM

Hi guys,

I am looking to order a new Buccaneers Nike Jersey but am usure on what size to order. I have last years Reebok Jersey in a Large and that is slightly big but as I wear it mostly under a hoody I quite like the fit.

I've heard that these new Nike Jersey's are more tight fitting. Which for someone like myslef (with a bit of a bear belly) isn't really the look I wanto to go for.

I just wondered if anyone on here has one of the new Jesey's and can give me advice on the size and fit. How much smaller / tighter are these new jersey's?

Old
  (#2)
Dave C
All Pro

Default 01.07.2012, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stueyh111 View Post
Hi guys,

I am looking to order a new Buccaneers Nike Jersey but am usure on what size to order. I have last years Reebok Jersey in a Large and that is slightly big but as I wear it mostly under a hoody I quite like the fit.

I've heard that these new Nike Jersey's are more tight fitting. Which for someone like myslef (with a bit of a bear belly) isn't really the look I wanto to go for.

I just wondered if anyone on here has one of the new Jesey's and can give me advice on the size and fit. How much smaller / tighter are these new jersey's?
Got my new Freeman jersey while in Florida earlier in the month

I also had a large reebok. Got a large Nike too. It is smaller than the reebok but not a great deal. Mine still fits over hoodys but not as freely. If you like them baggy still id probably opt for an xl.

The Nike's are ten times better than the reebok imo. Only have mesh down the sides. The front and back are a normal "soccer" shirt stretchy material. Meaning you don't need an under shirt as you're not showing the world your beer belly (in my case anyway!) through the mesh. Well worth the extra few dollars.

Anyway, enough waffling. Hopefully this is some sort of use to you!!

Go Bucs!!

*edit*

Just read your post properly. Id go for xl I think.

If id have known beforehand I could have picked one up from the states for you to save postage and tax.

Last edited by Dave C; 01.07.2012 at 04:58 PM..

Old
  (#3)
Stueyh111
Team Captain

Default 01.07.2012, 09:14 PM

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the response. Yes your reply has helped alot and probably confirmed what i was thinking. Best to go for XL.

Now just decide which to get. I have a red Freeman Reebok jersey. I quite like the idea of a Doug Martin or Mark Barron jersey this year and may get a white one rather than white.

Luckily I have a friend who lives in NY and is coming back for a mutual friends wedding next month so I'll be avoiding the scandalous costs that come with trying to get it back to the UK.

Thanks again and GO BUCS!!

Old
  (#4)
Dave C
All Pro

Default 02.07.2012, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stueyh111 View Post
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the response. Yes your reply has helped alot and probably confirmed what i was thinking. Best to go for XL.

Now just decide which to get. I have a red Freeman Reebok jersey. I quite like the idea of a Doug Martin or Mark Barron jersey this year and may get a white one rather than white.

Luckily I have a friend who lives in NY and is coming back for a mutual friends wedding next month so I'll be avoiding the scandalous costs that come with trying to get it back to the UK.

Thanks again and GO BUCS!!
No problem.

I was thinking Martin. Or even LeGrand if I could get it.

Unfortunately the shop the lady at the Ray Jay sent me to only had the reebok stuff?! Apparently it was the official Bucs store!

I ended up going to Di.ck's Sporting Goods on International drive. They only had Freeman or Williams so I went for Freeman.

Old
  (#5)
Buccaneer#95
All Pro

Default 02.07.2012, 01:53 PM

LeGrand ones are at soon afaik. I might stick with the small men's I got for the next Bucs jersey I get, I would prefer it tight more like a rugby jersey Have a red and white so have to complete the collection and get a throwback!

Hope you had a great trip Dave

Old
  (#6)
punkha
Rookie

Default 02.07.2012, 09:06 PM

Guys the only Jersey i have is an old Ferrotte one size 48 which is a bit big on me though only slightly.
Gonna get an RG111 one should i be going for a large? Load of money so just wanna be sure.Any help appreciated.

Old
  (#7)
Dave C
All Pro

Default 03.07.2012, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkha View Post
Guys the only Jersey i have is an old Ferrotte one size 48 which is a bit big on me though only slightly.
Gonna get an RG111 one should i be going for a large? Load of money so just wanna be sure.Any help appreciated.
What's 48, a large?

Depends how you want it to fit. I had a large reebok which was too baggy so I opted for a large Nike. Its still a little baggy but not teepee baggy lol.

In short, if your 48 fits just right, id go the next size up (the Nike's are a bit smaller but not a considerable amount) Hope this waffle makes sense!

If it comes and doesn't fit Im not taking any responsibility lol

Old
  (#8)
iloveaslash2
Rookie

Default 03.07.2012, 07:42 PM

I had a reebok 48 which was huge on me as i'm only small and went for a Nike Medium which I got whilst I was out in Florida when the draft was on. Its a better fit and a whole better meterial than the reeboks but will still got nicly over a hoody

Old
  (#9)
punkha
Rookie

Default 03.07.2012, 10:03 PM

Thanks for the advise guys think i'll go with them medium would rather the incentive to fit into one than to fill it

Is this website real?
Old
  (#10)
AXLRAIDER
Starter

Default Is this website real? - 11.07.2012, 12:26 PM

As the NFLUK seem destined to never tell us when Nike jersey's are available in the UK the only website that looks even remotely real is

http://www.nflmerchandise.co.uk/index.asp

Has anyone had any experience with them? They seem to be linking themselves with the BAFL but whether this is true or not I am not sure?

Any guidance would be appreciated