Get The Latest News On

NFL Network
Statement from NFLUK
Old
  (#1)
Qualcomm
Administrator

Default Statement from NFLUK - 01.09.2012, 04:04 PM

With the new NFL season kicking off next week, we fully understand the concerns of our fans that the full UK broadcast line-up for the new season has not yet been announced, beyond the new Channel 4 agreement for Sunday Night Football and the existing deal with BBC TV for Super Bowl and Wembley/playoff highlights.

We have been in negotiations for some time to extend our broadcasting agreements for this season and will announce the full package for the 2012 season as soon as possible. However, it is possible that this may not be before Tuesday at the earliest. Thank you for your support and patience.

Old
  (#2)
Packman12
Banned

Smile 01.09.2012, 04:07 PM

NFLUK speaks! I don't know what to say I am stunned!

Old
  (#3)
RaiderLes
All Pro

Default 01.09.2012, 04:15 PM

i wonder if sky called and said can you tell NFL fans to stop calling our call centre and asking if its being shown this season

Old
  (#4)
mattsole
Team Captain

Default 01.09.2012, 04:16 PM

well at least that sounds positive - there is a 'full' package to be announced

panic already reducing

Disrespect to UK fans.
Old
  (#5)
jamiel00
Rookie

Default Disrespect to UK fans. - 01.09.2012, 04:19 PM

I just posted this in the message from Alistair Kirkwood thread, but it is relevant here as well, so in case people didn't see it there. Saying to wait until Tuesday simply continues this insult to fans here.

"With four days to go to kick off, and no news regarding TV coverage in the UK, other than the games on channel 4, the apparent stand off between the NFL, Sky and ESPN is showing great disrespect to UK fans.

If we buy Gamepass, now that we are almost at the start of the season and either Sky or ESPN sign a deal, will we then find that the coverage we have paid for is then reduced, so basically we don't get what we have paid for?

I know signing for a Gamepass will have conditions to agree to, and no doubt they will include something along the lines that they do not guarantee to show certain games, but the point is that seems the only option to start watching the season at the moment.

Does the NFL expect UK fans to sit at their computers at midnight on Wednesday with a credit card in hand to see if they can still sign up for on-line coverage.

I understand Alistair Kirkwood's original position regarding negotiations happening in private, but that statement was in April, with months to go before the season. Now matters are different, and I will repeat my self, this is showing DISRESPECT to fans."

Old
  (#6)
seggy
Pro Bowler

Default 01.09.2012, 04:19 PM

It's still pretty poor to not have a broadcast deal in place (or at least declared) before the season starts (assuming nothing is done in the next few days).

Old
  (#7)
UrbanLegend
MVP

Default 01.09.2012, 04:37 PM

If goodell failed to get tv contracts done in the states he would have to resign! If the nfluk fail then kirkwood hasnt done his job properly and he must go

End of

Old
  (#8)
AndyMP
Team Captain

Default 01.09.2012, 04:39 PM

His deliberate use of "at the earliest" makes it sound like it might very well not happen before the opening game on Wednesday. Then, at the last minute, we'll probably find out it's as it was last season. How exciting.... like I've said before, give it to ESPN America so we can finally get a commitment to the kind of coverage it deserves.

A repost
Old
  (#9)
tiggerboy0301
Pro

Default A repost - 01.09.2012, 04:40 PM

My take on the TV situation is simple. If we are too have a London franchise in the future then the TV coverage in this country needs to be on a par with our cousins in America. How will the London franchise ever begin to get off its feet if it gets 30 seconds at quarter past the hour on Sky Sports News.
The exposure that the NFL gets now on TV is vital for any long term prospect for a London Franchise, because at a minimum of roughly 650 pounds for a cheap season ticket the fair weather fans are not going to be around for long!

Old
  (#10)
W9 Bear (reregistered)
All Pro

Default 01.09.2012, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerboy0301 View Post
My take on the TV situation is simple. If we are too have a London franchise in the future then the TV coverage in this country needs to be on a par with our cousins in America. How will the London franchise ever begin to get off its feet if it gets 30 seconds at quarter past the hour on Sky Sports News.
The exposure that the NFL gets now on TV is vital for any long term prospect for a London Franchise, because at a minimum of roughly 650 pounds for a cheap season ticket the fair weather fans are not going to be around for long!
If (huge if, or course) there was a London franchise, there's no way the cheapest 8-game (10 if you include preseason) package will be £650.