Get The Latest News On

NFL Network
Monday Night Football
Old
  (#1)
The Hypnotoad
Pro Bowler

Default Monday Night Football - 20.03.2013, 11:36 PM

So what does everyone think will happen with MNF this/next (Its not this season until the draft in my eyes) season?

- If it stays on the BBC it HAS to be on a channel and not the red button, the BBC HD channel is to become BBC2 HD in the next month so the option to put it on the HD channel from time to time is out of the question but it does mean if we get it on BBC 2 then it will be in HD.

-The only other option really is on BT as part of the ESPN Channel. Would make sense if they have the rights to ESPNs programming as it means we could get the build up show and studio coverage but with the rumours that MLB might not end up on BTs channel it could mean they wont be interested in showing any american sports.

Wouldnt like to see it go to sky, they have enough with the 3 matches a week. Getting MNF as well would almost turn it into a monopoly.

Old
  (#2)
Northern Soul
MVP

Default 21.03.2013, 12:59 PM

Am I right in thinking, that when the hoo hah broke over Shearer getting Colin Murray the sack, that the press release mentioned Colin might be presenting their NFL coverage?

It sounded to me like they intend to carry on broadcasting football. Beyond that its anyones guess as to whether they will improve on last years production.

Old
  (#3)
Fatmanp
Pro Bowler

Default 22.03.2013, 04:01 PM

I would love for Channel 4 to pick up both SNF and MNF because they have the best studio aswell as HD. Also they are not hamstrung by the requirement to not show adverts.

Old
  (#4)
Phillips_11
Pro Bowler

Default 22.03.2013, 04:28 PM

Think its probably 99% going to be same as last year, probably on the red button again. Agree they should put it on BBC2 but cant see they will.

I would like BT to pick it up so get the american studio feed. I watch the NBA and the games on ESPN are much better to watch than on sky becuase of this. Would rather listen to Shaq than some former British coach.

Anyway after MNF last year I would just be glad its on anywhere but red button so can record it. I know they showed repeats but its pretty impossible in this age to not find the result by accident by turning sky sports new on the wrong time in the morning, or going on sky sports app on phone and its there infront of you.

On another subject I hope NFL network on Thursday night football will be same as last year, i.e. showing every team once, thought that was pretty cool.

Old
  (#5)
packerbully
All Pro

Default 22.03.2013, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillips_11 View Post
Think its probably 99% going to be same as last year, probably on the red button again. Agree they should put it on BBC2 but cant see they will.

I would like BT to pick it up so get the american studio feed. I watch the NBA and the games on ESPN are much better to watch than on sky becuase of this. Would rather listen to Shaq than some former British coach.

Anyway after MNF last year I would just be glad its on anywhere but red button so can record it. I know they showed repeats but its pretty impossible in this age to not find the result by accident by turning sky sports new on the wrong time in the morning, or going on sky sports app on phone and its there infront of you.

On another subject I hope NFL network on Thursday night football will be same as last year, i.e. showing every team once, thought that was pretty cool.
Agree ... We need to show US sport the way ESPN do / did, not the way Sky do.

I don't care where it goes as long as it is not red button. For the first time ever I never watched any of the MNF games on tv this year..although I did watch them elsewhere.

Old
  (#6)
Paul_Dixon
All Pro

Default 22.03.2013, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by packerbully View Post
Agree ... We need to show US sport the way ESPN do / did, not the way Sky do.

I don't care where it goes as long as it is not red button. For the first time ever I never watched any of the MNF games on tv this year..although I did watch them elsewhere.
I don't care if it on red button, as long as it remains on FTA, and I could record it, get yourself PVR that records from freeview its simple.
  Send a message via MSN to Paul_Dixon  
Old
  (#7)
packerbully
All Pro

Default 22.03.2013, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_Dixon View Post
I don't care if it on red button, as long as it remains on FTA, and I could record it, get yourself PVR that records from freeview its simple.
Don't have freeview.

Old
  (#8)
The Hypnotoad
Pro Bowler

Default 23.03.2013, 12:10 AM

You could record MNF from halfway through the season (Sky added the fucntion of recording the red button last year) but its not the point. Being on the red button is doing nothing to increase the popularity of the sport, it might aswell be online online if they are going to stick it on the red button.

Didnt somebody mention in the C4 thread that the FTA NFL rights are up for grabs? if thats the case Id put money on both going to BT. BT would only need a small offer to get MNF football and they would have enough in the bank for a SNF football offer.

SNF, MNF and all the build up coverage would encourage nfl fans to subscribe.

Old
  (#9)
goodkarma84
Hall of Fame

Default 23.03.2013, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hypnotoad View Post
You could record MNF from halfway through the season (Sky added the fucntion of recording the red button last year) but its not the point. Being on the red button is doing nothing to increase the popularity of the sport, it might aswell be online online if they are going to stick it on the red button.

Didnt somebody mention in the C4 thread that the FTA NFL rights are up for grabs? if thats the case Id put money on both going to BT. BT would only need a small offer to get MNF football and they would have enough in the bank for a SNF football offer.

nope, you couldnt record it on Sky, apart from the Giants/Skins game as that was on BBC HD.

you can record programmes that are behind the red button if Sky gives the option as they do it for football first/champions league.

Old
  (#10)
alexpeden2000
Starter

Default 23.03.2013, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hypnotoad View Post
We can but hope/dream. If this new 'ESPN' channel showed the NFL programming ESPNA Europe showed previously plus Football Night America before SNF Id happily shell out £15-20 a month!