Countdown to

Wembley

weeks - - : days - - : hours - - : minutes - - : seconds - -

Get The Latest News On

NFL Network
Old
  (#31)
rdwngs
All Pro
 
rdwngs's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 1,395
Join Date: 03.11.2009
Location: Dundee
Default 29.07.2013, 03:01 PM

I was looking to purchase this but didn't realize FOX and CBS games weren't shown on it. I'd be mainly wanting it to watch Sooners & Seminoles games, where can I check what network their games will be playing on so I can figure whether or not it would be worth buying?
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#32)
10placestodie
Starter
 
10placestodie's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 221
Join Date: 14.02.2012
Default 29.07.2013, 03:43 PM

i think TV games aren't always finalised until a week or two in advance. There is a page on the ESPN website where it lists games on it's networks and those would be similar or the same as those on College Pass.

I think that the majority of FSU games would be on but Fox does have some of the bigger Big 12 games that will involve Oklahoma but not sure how many.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#33)
ianuk
Team Captain
 
ianuk's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 368
Join Date: 14.11.2009
Location: Isle of Wight
Default 29.07.2013, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwngs View Post
I was looking to purchase this but didn't realize FOX and CBS games weren't shown on it. I'd be mainly wanting it to watch Sooners & Seminoles games, where can I check what network their games will be playing on so I can figure whether or not it would be worth buying?
The following games and channels are the only details I can find from the teams websites. I would imagine more would be televised but channels and times will be announced later. All the ESPN games should be on the online player.

Sooners:
Louisiana-Monroe FSN (PPV) 8/31
West Virginia Fox 9/7
Tulsa ABC, ESPN, ESPN2 9/14
@Notre Dame NBC 9/28
Baylor FS1 11/7

Seminoles:
Pittsburgh ESPN 9/2
Nevada ESPN/ESPN2 14/9
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#34)
ianuk
Team Captain
 
ianuk's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 368
Join Date: 14.11.2009
Location: Isle of Wight
Default 29.07.2013, 04:03 PM

Here is a link from the ESPN website which shows the full college football schedule throughout the season. I would imagine all these games will be either live or as-live on the espn player website.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/schedule
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#35)
rdwngs
All Pro
 
rdwngs's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 1,395
Join Date: 03.11.2009
Location: Dundee
Default 29.07.2013, 04:16 PM

Awesome, thanks! As long as I can get a few Noles & Sooners games I'll be happy and just choose some other teams to watch the weeks they're not on I'm sure there will still be plenty to choose from.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#36)
fez222
Team Captain
 
fez222's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 424
Join Date: 25.08.2012
Default 29.07.2013, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwngs View Post
Awesome, thanks! As long as I can get a few Noles & Sooners games I'll be happy and just choose some other teams to watch the weeks they're not on I'm sure there will still be plenty to choose from.
I'm pretty sure ESPN/ABC have all the rights to the ACC so ESPN Player should have all of these. Even the games on the ACC network are available on ESPN Player. Only problem would be road out of conference games but that would only be the Gator game which is on ESPN/ABC.

The Sooners, you would see slightly less since Fox are involved with certain picks. The Notre Dame game will stream for free on the NBC website, while the Texas game is always 12ET on ABC I believe. ESPN/ABC will also have the games Fox don't want so you should see most of their games.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#37)
rdwngs
All Pro
 
rdwngs's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 1,395
Join Date: 03.11.2009
Location: Dundee
Default 29.07.2013, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fez222 View Post
I'm pretty sure ESPN/ABC have all the rights to the ACC so ESPN Player should have all of these. Even the games on the ACC network are available on ESPN Player. Only problem would be road out of conference games but that would only be the Gator game which is on ESPN/ABC.

The Sooners, you would see slightly less since Fox are involved with certain picks. The Notre Dame game will stream for free on the NBC website, while the Texas game is always 12ET on ABC I believe. ESPN/ABC will also have the games Fox don't want so you should see most of their games.
Awesome, thanks for the info!
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#38)
RaginCajun
Team Captain
 
RaginCajun's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 302
Join Date: 26.02.2013
Location: Sheffield
Default 30.07.2013, 10:14 AM

So I'm now looking at college pass instead of BT Sport and have a couple of questions.

Is the player some sort of hub from which you select games and then go straight to live coverage? Or is it a channel with presenters etc with some sort of red button service?

If you select a game is there any sort of build up/preview show?

What sort of coverage of bowl games/national championship coverage can I expect?

Thanks in advance.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#39)
fez222
Team Captain
 
fez222's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 424
Join Date: 25.08.2012
Default 30.07.2013, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
So I'm now looking at college pass instead of BT Sport and have a couple of questions.

Is the player some sort of hub from which you select games and then go straight to live coverage? Or is it a channel with presenters etc with some sort of red button service?

If you select a game is there any sort of build up/preview show?

What sort of coverage of bowl games/national championship coverage can I expect?

Thanks in advance.
The player is similar to Game pass/NBA League Pass. You select a live game and you will be watching it live. Select an on demand game and you can watch from the begininng and you can move it on to skip ad breaks/halftime.

There are loads of games available on a Saturday with kickoff times from 5pm-3:30am (UK Time). Thursday and Friday night ESPN games (usually BCS conferences) as well the odd Tuesday and Wednesday night games (usually MAC, C-USA or Sunbelt) later in the season. These kickoff at Midnight/1am typically

You get a little buildup especially for the bigger games, if they have time. Usually this will consist of 2-3 minutes then an ad break then kick off though. Sometimes they join at the kickoff, if the game preceding it (on the relevant ESPN channel) overruns. You see the full game though and you can tell when the US channel joins the coverage, as you usually get the comms talking about the matchup for a minute of two.

Halftime shows were included last year which was a nice addition as you get to see highlights of other games.

All bowl games except the Cotton Bowl (on FOX) and the Sun Bowl (on CBS) are available. The BCS bowls all had a 20 minute pre game show which was watchable.

Last edited by fez222; 30.07.2013 at 12:55 PM..
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#40)
CJ1
Pro
 
CJ1's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 32
Join Date: 22.01.2007
Default 30.07.2013, 01:04 PM

Here's another link with college games and tv channels...

http://lsufootball.net/tvschedule.htm
   
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump