NFL UK Forums - Announcements in Forum : Off-Topic - Sports
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Announcements in Forum : Off-Topic - Sports

25.07.2019 until 06.02.2106
Super Moderator

Hello from the other side

If you are reading this after Friday, it means Alistair Kirkwood’s response to my last ditch Email actually happened, and wasn’t just a hallucination or a fever dream.

In that case, you’ll be happy to know that we’re going to have a read-only Archive of the forum for at least the next year. Obviously, it’s not as good as being able to continue posting here, but it’s certainly more than I was expecting and will allow people to look back over some of their favourite posts/threads (and maybe copy them over to a more permanent place).

While I’m (hopefully) here, I’d like to announce a tentative start date for the 2020 7 round Mock Draft of Wednesday, March 17th. I know we usually start a week into FA, but there seems to be a week less between the start of 2020 FA and the start of the Draft.

The Draft will be held on the “emergency” forum (https://nflukdraftcom.createaforum.com/index.php). Still haven’t got round to testing whether it will stand up to a full Draft, but don’t see any reason why not.

I’ll also take this opportunity to once again plug UKNFLFAN, for anyone who hasn’t signed up there. I know the shoutbox currently tends to be busier than the forum there, but whenever people do post on the forums there’s always a decent amount of discussion, so there’s no reason it can’t be the same kind of experience you get (or got) here.

For anyone who I don’t see on either of those forums, I’d just like to once again thank you for all the debates and discussions over the years, and wish you all the best in the future...

24.06.2019 until 07.02.2106
Super Moderator

Goodbyeee

In case you’ve missed it, the “powers that be” have decided that this forum will be shutting down on July 26th.

I’d like to thank every one of you who have contributed over the years and made this such a great place to discuss the sport, and will add myself to the list of people recommending UKNFLFAN (https://uknflfan.co.uk/). It’s a great community which includes several current and former NFLUK members, and also has some really good games to take part in.

I know a lot of you have enjoyed the 7 round Mock Drafts we’ve done on here, they’ve always been one of the highlights of the offseason for me and I fully intend to continue doing them on the emergency forum in future (https://nflukdraftcom.createaforum.com/index.php). I’ll be getting in touch with those of you who have participated in the past as we get closer to the 2020 Draft and hope we can continue to do these for the foreseeable future.

I’ll still be here until they pull the plug, but for any of you who will be using this announcement as a stopping off point, good luck to you and thanks for all the fish...