PDA

View Full Version : Need new coach and gm?

georgia dome
11.11.2013, 08:43 PM
Ok its time for the rant about new coach
i think we need to get a new coach in and also a new GM as that Mr T.D is killing our team?
Spoke with a friend in Atlanta and has told me that at Atlanta theres
Smiths play calls and theres T.D (GM) Play calls?
They was told directly by the players on a Merchandise signing day?
Now i think everyone got on side with Smithy the Cheap option back then?
But Falcons are building a new million dollar stadium and need a team to put in it?
Smithys playoff play calls have been a little Wierd to say the least over the years? I think he`s to soft?

Lets get GRUDEN in and have a shake up
Because lets face it anyone who watched that game last night? Well what a DISCRACEFUL show poor poor poor.

Weve got the Buccs away the the Siants @ home Dread to think what the Saints are going to put on us , after that last performance (in our own back yard too)

Domed Outter
12.11.2013, 06:51 AM
He's a defensive-minded coach yet our defence is poor. To replace him we would need an offensive guru and let him call the plays and leave the defensive calls solely on Nolan.

I don't see any changes this off season, though.

JamesGall13
12.11.2013, 09:39 AM
He's a defensive-minded coach yet our defence is poor. To replace him we would need an offensive guru and let him call the plays and leave the defensive calls solely on Nolan.

I don't see any changes this off season, though.

Yeah completely agree. I think if Smith is sacked, Nolan HAS to get control of the defense. I expect him to get another year though and Dimitroff at least two.

Dartmoor Falcon
13.11.2013, 08:04 AM
Couldn't agree more, we need a new head coach and GM.

falcon_91
13.11.2013, 11:14 PM
Seriously why is Gruden everyones favourite coaching choice.

One bad year and we are crippled with injuries at that.

georgia dome
17.11.2013, 07:13 AM
Seriously why is Gruden everyones favourite coaching choice.

One bad year and we are crippled with injuries at that.
Firstly because i think SMITH is Gutless?
And T.D is killing our team?

georgia dome
18.11.2013, 07:51 AM
Another great gutsy performance by the falcons??
Davis looked beter than ryan till he got injured?

falcon_91
18.11.2013, 02:30 PM
Smith isn't gutless, in fact he's been too gutsy at times in his career e.g going for it in 4th down when perhaps we should have punted

We've been caught short this year but TD also made the team that went 13-3, serious without our #1,2 WR our #1 RB, out best LB and defensive leader, starting DE/OLB, starting LT, FB and OG all out for either the season or for an extended period...how do people not expect us to struggle?
We were also kings of winning close games, so we were probably in for a bit of a reality check anyway

Shortsitedness of some is unbelievable I'd be surprise if they go anywhere
Lets just look forward to a high pick and the debate as to wether we a) take closet or jot and b) if he will be an all pro or HoF

DirtyBird98
18.11.2013, 02:36 PM
There were many ridiculous moments in yesterday's game, but one that really stood out to me was the set of downs after our successful fake punt. 2nd and 1, pass the ball. 3rd and 1, pass the ball. 4th and 1, pass the ball. Guess what? We didn't get the first down. RUN THE F'ING BALL! Just a baffling set of play calls. How we cannot gain a yard in three plays like that is beyond me.

falcon_91
19.11.2013, 12:10 AM
Im not sure if Smiths runs yesterday changed things, but we are/were literally on course to be the worst rushing team ever in the history of the NFL

Devilfalc
20.11.2013, 10:48 PM
TD is fine, but Smith is a total liability. He's an appalling game and clock manager, who has a knack for consistently doing the wrong thing. He plays key starters getting them hurt in meaningless games, calls TOs when he shouldn't, fails to call TO's when he should, punts when he should go for it etc.

He is gutless. He plays not to lose, stifling our offense in the process and relying on our defense to hold on when 2 scores up, rather than trying to keep scoring. He has no guts or aggression, and a handful of uncharacteristic aggressive calls in 5 years doesn't change that.

Our gameplan in the Giants playoff game 2 years ago, was the worst and most embarrassing I've seen in 25+ years. We wasted our time even boarding the plane, as we essentially forfeited the game with our gutless gameplan drawn up by Mularkey and approved by Smith.

Smith might be a nice guy, but he's a horrible head coach. If someone said he was the worst in the league, I wouldn't disagree.

falcon_91
22.11.2013, 03:03 AM
News based of TNF HT

Blank has said Smith and TD are back next year
Roddy is getting an extension - I expect it will move some money backwards to help with any FA signings.
No news on an extension for Julio yet though...I'd wait and make sure he comes back fine.

Domed Outter
22.11.2013, 11:26 AM
News based of TNF HT

Blank has said Smith and TD are back next year
Roddy is getting an extension - I expect it will move some money backwards to help with any FA signings.
No news on an extension for Julio yet though...I'd wait and make sure he comes back fine.

With the injury Julio has, no way is he going to be offered a new deal until he plays a significant number of games next year. Very concerned with the long-term implications.

JamesGall13
08.12.2013, 09:20 PM
Smith has to go. Losing to an Rodgerless Packers side is embarrassing. I haven't been so disillusioned with a sports team ever (Liverpool under Roy Hodgson came close).

Domed Outter
08.12.2013, 10:02 PM
Should've punted on 4th and 2 before the missed field goal.

The D did fine but again who fails to turn up in the 2nd half with more cap space set aside for them?????