PDA

View Full Version : New Head Coach

Texan Bar
06.12.2013, 10:20 PM
So who's it going to be now Kubiak is out?

How about Mike Tomlin losing his job at the Steelers at the end of the season, and ending up at Houston?

Have been looking on the US Texans site - possible names being mentioned are Lovie Smith and Rex Ryan.

StevenMccormick12
08.12.2013, 12:44 PM
I don't know much about the options but this was helpful. Have faith in owner I suppose as when he hired, and stuck, with Kubiak it payed off until this season when it all went Pete Tong.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10090501/the-next-texans-coach?ex_cid=espnapi_public

Texan Bar
09.12.2013, 08:59 PM
Keep Wade Phillips as the Defensive coordinator, the guy has got experience by the bucketful. Go for an offensive type Head coach. Can't believe they talk about Shanahan. Is this guy currently really any better than Kubiak?? OK, so they may run a similar type of offense, but do we really want to carry on with that type of play - too predictable in my humble opinion.

BaronSamedi1980
19.12.2013, 03:45 PM
Wade Phillips for the HC job full time?

Texan Bar
20.12.2013, 08:30 PM
[QUOTE=BaronSamedi1980;1966370]Wade Phillips for the HC job full time?

Can't see it personally. Keep him as Defensive coordinator, we need someone with fresh ideas to come in and take over. The way this team is just giving up at the moment is almost comical:(

Tearstain
05.01.2014, 11:26 PM
Well our numbers grow by the year lol.

Finally got around to registering.

Well we do have a new HC now and I think we have a great motivator.
After the scandal at Penn State he has done a massive job their. Just read how all Penn st fans have been going mad at losing him.

From the rumours I have been reading Wade has gone already and the new DC coach dose run the 3 4 defense BUT he uses the DL as hole blockers.

Now admittedly Watt is already getting double teamed but is this all he would be used for now?

Texan Bar
10.01.2014, 09:20 PM
I'm not really a big follower of the college game, so although I have heard of O'brien, I must admit he wasn't the first name that came into my head when a replacement was needed for Kubiak. I think O'briens record over the 2 seasons was something like 8-4 & 7-5. So not a bad record, but hardly setting the world on fire. or am I being a tad harsh??? Also shame Wade has gone.

Tearstain
12.01.2014, 11:59 PM
I'm not really a big follower of the college game, so although I have heard of O'brien, I must admit he wasn't the first name that came into my head when a replacement was needed for Kubiak. I think O'briens record over the 2 seasons was something like 8-4 & 7-5. So not a bad record, but hardly setting the world on fire. or am I being a tad harsh??? Also shame Wade has gone.

Think your been harsh. Penn st got heavily penalised and banned from bowl games.
This has resulted in a lot of top players going to other teams leaving Penn St to get a team of players from what is left.

I felt same about Wade but I can understand why he was released.