PDA

View Full Version : Visiting New Orleans

Millwind
19.01.2014, 12:02 PM
When I go to the States next year I want to pop along to New Orleans for a game.

How do I go about getting a ticket, and how many day(s) should I spend out of my trip? The remainder will be in Vegas.

Do kickoff times get announced/changes months in advance?

HowieThePro
19.01.2014, 05:50 PM
3 days should do it. The Superdome is an amazing stadium, try to get decent seats though (it's really high up at the back of the endzone).
There are touts, but Stubhub is most likely the safest option.

Stadium is a great walk back to the centre/Bourbon Street.

Trickums
20.01.2014, 08:44 AM
You can also pick them up on the ticketmaster exchange site - and sometimes direct through the club via ticketmaster if the away team returns any tickets (but that will be much closer to the date of the game). As soon as the fixtures are released I would grab some on ticketmaster exchange as the prices rocket as the season starts. Depending on when you are going, after week 11 (i think) they start the flex scheduling so the games with play off implications can get moved about but it will just be moving the ko times to prime time slots so you should be fine. Hope that helps a bit. Have an amazing time, great place and the atmosphere leading up to and one game day is insane

HowieThePro
20.01.2014, 03:32 PM
I reckon it would be worth contacting the Saints now explaining what you are planning, you may be able to get a preferential face value ticket(s) as an overseas supporter.

guards1656
20.01.2014, 03:44 PM
I'm in New Orleans on the 7th Sept, really hoping they've got a home game. If not I'll try and catch a game in tampa

Trickums
20.01.2014, 05:35 PM
I reckon it would be worth contacting the Saints now explaining what you are planning, you may be able to get a preferential face value ticket(s) as an overseas supporter.

I emailed them before I got my tickets and they were really unhelpful! If you ever fancy some basketball out there the Pelicans were REALLY helpful getting tickets...although probably because they don't sell out very often!

Millwind
06.05.2014, 07:59 AM
So the Ticketmaster exchange is about $160 per game for the Vikings game. This is the game we have chosen. Is this extortinate, or should we just book?

Also, if I book 4, will the seats be together?!

Thanks again guys.

I will keep you all updated on the trip if its of any interest of course.

James07
06.05.2014, 10:11 AM
So the Ticketmaster exchange is about $160 per game for the Vikings game. This is the game we have chosen. Is this extortinate, or should we just book?

Also, if I book 4, will the seats be together?!

Thanks again guys.

I will keep you all updated on the trip if its of any interest of course.

I've just booked two tickets to the game, we are plaza next to each other and 14 rows back from the front.

I've paid more then that but I assume youre up at the back as I avoided those tickets as we have never been and wanted to sit closer..

Pm me and I can give you more info that I know, my mate browses this forum and his sister has surprised him with this and funded his half so I can't disclose any prices on the forum haha

holdingrrr
06.05.2014, 11:44 AM
Ticketmaster exchange says the seats will be together unless told otherwise. I just spent $229 on tickets in the lower endzone section for the Ravens MNF game. They didn't mention the ridiculous handling fees they add at the end. Was about $37 per ticket.

James07
06.05.2014, 03:03 PM
Ticketmaster exchange.. They didn't mention the ridiculous handling fees they add at the end. Was about $37 per ticket.

Yeah I got stung with that too, weird how that price varied too though..

mdaley
07.05.2014, 08:57 PM
Ticketmaster exchange is the best and usually cheapest place to get Saints tix before you get there. Get the eprint option and you will have your tickets in a few minutes.