PDA

View Full Version : So who do we want?

DirtyBird98
27.02.2014, 12:45 AM
Who do we want with the #6 pick? More importantly, what do we do with the #6 pick? If it's necessary to trade up for Clowney, do you do it? Or do you take Mack at #6 (if he's there)? Hell, do you take an OT? Or even trade down and get more picks? What do we reckon people?

falcon_91
27.02.2014, 01:40 AM
All depends on whos about.

If hes there Clowney gets picked before the clock moves from 15:00

If he's not and a trade up is seen as too much, Robinson and/or Matthews can be seen as value picks, I haven't seen alot of Mack but his combine results are good in terms of explosiveness, not a Barr fan - project we need impact now.
if not I'd be more than happy to move back, even move back twice (e.g. move to 12 then back again to 20ish) and collect 2nd round.

The late teens-20 mark is great for DT, Donald, Jernigan and Hageman will all represent value there, it would also give us 2nds that can be used on G (Yankey, Su'a-filo), DE (Murphy, I'm a big fan of Jackson Jeffcoat).

I think we should definitely take a RB in the 3-4 round area, my first pick would be Jeremy Hill, his 40 time wasn't great which might see him drop, but he sure did look fast enough running away from SEC defenses.
If not SeaStrunk would be a great change of pace back, again his 40 wasn't impressive but he is faster than that by a mile, and he can do everything.

Late round players I like, DAT (I just want to see if he can make it and would bring something completely different to our O), Ronald Powell, Kevin Norwood could be solid depth at WR too.

Domed Outter
27.02.2014, 11:37 AM
I'd stay put at 6. If Clowney drops then great, otherwise Mack, Robinson and perhaps Matthews will do.

I'd be inclined to move around at our 2nd round pick. Defensive tackle, guard and tight end assuming we have a good early free agency. We're in good shape in terms of the salary cap and at least the next 2 off seasons.

Stubbsy #21
27.02.2014, 12:43 PM
I'd be fine with either Clowney, Mack or Greg Robinson at #6. However in the unlikely event that they're all gone I'd look to trade down to the mid teens and take someone like Aaron Donald. Jake Matthews would be a relatively safe pick but I think that Robinson has a much higher potential.

If my top 3 are gone then that would mean that some combination of Bridgewater, Manziel and Sammy Watkins would still be available and I could see someone like Minnesota (#8) wanting to jump above Tampa Bay (#7) if there's a chance they could get one of the top two QBs.

Of course this all depends on how free agency goes.

DirtyBird98
27.02.2014, 10:19 PM
My personal preference would be to trade down if neither Clowney nor Mack fall to 6. Although a trade up for Clowney would be exciting, I don't think it would be good for the franchise overall. But I've got a feeling they may go for it - maybe even if it requires trading up to #1.

Dartmoor Falcon
27.02.2014, 10:36 PM
Either Clowney or Mack with the 6th pick would be ideal, if they aren't available then trading back to the 20's makes sense and picking up a 2nd round pick.

Devilfalc
05.03.2014, 12:19 AM
I wouldn't anything trade for Clowney. I probably wouldn't even take him at#6, although I won't have an issue with it if TD takes him at 6.

I'd be looking at Robinson or Matthews at 6, or trading down a few spots and looking for a top DT.

falcon_91
05.03.2014, 07:53 AM
I think Robinson Nd Clowney are both gone by the time we pick

Ideally someone is there who people want to trade up for, would love us just to be able too accumulate picks between 15-45 but it's doubtful

Stubbsy #21
05.03.2014, 12:49 PM
I think the Texans may be the key who we end up with. If they take a QB then that increases our chances of getting Clowney, Mack or Robinson. I don't know much about evaluating QBs but once one goes there could well be a rush on them from teams like Jacksonville, Cleveland and perhaps Minnesota who although they are below could be a trading partner so they can jump the Bucs who could be looking at a QB. I can see Vick ending up in Oakland which would take them out of the QB stakes in my view.

However if the Texans take Clowney or Mack at #1 then I think we may well end up trading back as the players I'd be looking at at #6 would probably all be gone and the rush on QBs would start later.