11.05.2014, 09:36 PM
1st round, pick 11 Taylor Lewan OT
2nd round, pick 22 Bishop Sankey RB
4th round, pick 12 DaQuan Jones DT
4th round, pick 22 Marqueston Huff DB
5th round, pick 11 Avery Willaimson ILB
6th round, pick 2 Zach Mettenberger QB

So, what you guys think?

At first when I saw the Lewan pick my heart sank and I was pretty disappointed and uninspired. But the more I've thought about it the better it seems. Tackle is going to be a need for us in the very near future with Roos on the way out, and with Barr already done it made sense to take the best player available, and to give us greater flexibility next year without having tackle as a huge need. Doesn't help us win this year mind, but a great O-line is key to be run first, which I feel we are now well set up to be.

The Sankey pick has to be my favourite, very excited about him, CJ ought to be quickly forgotten! I'm very intrigued to see how Whiz makes the best of having a pretty solid RB group now. We had the pick of the RB's, so I've every faith we chose well.

Mettenberger I thought was a pretty good value pick. We were supposedly very interested in Carr with our second which I'd have been happy with, but in the 6th round there'll be pressure on him at all, just hoping Whiz can nurture him the way he did big Ben. Even if he doesn't, was worth a shot. (Though will be concerning to have the offense left to clipboard Jesus should Jake go down again)

Can't say I know an awful lot about the defensive picks, but have read good things about Jones, and we've had some pretty good hits on late cornerbacks recently (And Huff can also play FS, so adds versatility).

September can't come fast enough!

European Bob
26.05.2014, 09:54 PM
This may be something of nothing, but rewatching the draft coverage I noticed that Lewan was given a white jersey to hold up on stage, and likewise when introduced to the Tennessee media. Is there anything to that - are the Titans switching to white at home this year?

KENDALL3T
27.05.2014, 08:52 AM
This may be something of nothing, but rewatching the draft coverage I noticed that Lewan was given a white jersey to hold up on stage, and likewise when introduced to the Tennessee media. Is there anything to that - are the Titans switching to white at home this year?

Yeah I noticed that, nothing has been put forward about a switch to white so I wouldn't read too much into it.

titan_alex12
02.06.2014, 06:01 PM
This draft was a tough one because we are changing coaches, changing systems, changing the whole ethos of the team with the loss of Bud and the "old school" Titans staff like Fischer, Munchak, Matthews etc...

Did we fill the needs we needed to fill? Not exactly, I mean Coach Whisenhunt said he would draft the best available player and not look for what the team needed and he did that.

It's pretty obvious Locker will be given one more year so we didn't need to draft a QB. Our backfield got flooded in free agency as did our D-Line/LBs.

Where we went wrong is not going for a WR or a DB. At the moment it looks like we can protect the QB and run the ball but we have no backup option because we have a small receiver core (even though I predict Hunter will have a huge season) and Locker will be rolled out very little this year to keep him healthy.
On the other side, we can rush the passer and slow the run game but we have always had issues with defending the pass and I don't think we are secure in that department yet.

European Bob
23.11.2014, 11:29 PM

I just realised that there was something to that after all. Except against Houston the Titans will wear white at home all season. New owner doesn't like the light blue jerseys.

charlieb32
03.12.2014, 12:09 AM
I just realised that there was something to that after all. Except against Houston the Titans will wear white at home all season. New owner doesn't like the light blue jerseys.

Nope he doesn't, has already been announced we will be making our current 3rd jersey (Dark Navy blue with the powder blue trim) our home jersey from next season.

Seems weird to me that we've been wearing the white ones over our current home jersey this season if management has decided to take us to dark navy next year, but maybe there's some regulation that your 3rd jersey can't be worn regularly or something.

So sounds like we may be in line for a re-design for next year which would be good, but either way I'm certainly happy with the move to the dark navy as I much prefer those jerseys!

European Bob
14.12.2014, 09:59 PM
Nope he doesn't, has already been announced we will be making our current 3rd jersey (Dark Navy blue with the powder blue trim) our home jersey from next season.

Seems weird to me that we've been wearing the white ones over our current home jersey this season if management has decided to take us to dark navy next year, but maybe there's some regulation that your 3rd jersey can't be worn regularly or something.

So sounds like we may be in line for a re-design for next year which would be good, but either way I'm certainly happy with the move to the dark navy as I much prefer those jerseys!

You can't wear your throwback/alternative jersey more than twice a season I think. But that still doesn't explain why they didn't just register their dark blues as their official home jersey. Maybe they missed the deadline or they knew a redesign was coming so didn't want to reintroduce the old navies.