PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Graham is a....

CitrusPlayer
04.07.2014, 08:38 AM
Tight End....

I'm hoping for a big season for the Saints so I'm keen to see if Jimmy and Saints Mgmt can strike up a deal ahead of the July 15th deadline post arbitration that dealt Jimmy the position most of us expected. By all accounts JG could potentially sit out until half way through the season if he chooses to.

IMO he is the first of a new breed of player, no longer a traditional TE and not a fully blown WR. He scored more touchdowns last season than any other player so I can understand why he is chasing more coin, the franchise tag that has been placed on him has him earning almost half that of a franchised WR.

With the main catchers in the team being Colston, Stills and the rookie Cooks they will need Graham badly for any serious run into the off season...

CP

john_roberts
15.07.2014, 02:02 PM
...saint for 4 more years!

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/news-and-events/article-1/Jimmy-Graham-agrees-to-terms-on-a-new-deal-with-the-New-Orleans-Saints/88fbe41a-f15d-4d88-8d81-ecdc63dbeac5

CitrusPlayer
16.07.2014, 04:39 PM
Nice, looking back on the entire debacle I suspect JG was only ever trying to raise his yearly income from the TE franchise tag 7m... Which he did by driving this whole argument forward. I believe that he never expected to be paid top WR money and was happy to accept something in the middle. Well played.

marcseven
25.07.2014, 12:17 PM
Nice, looking back on the entire debacle I suspect JG was only ever trying to raise his yearly income from the TE franchise tag 7m... Which he did by driving this whole argument forward. I believe that he never expected to be paid top WR money and was happy to accept something in the middle. Well played.

yup and managed it without isolating himself from the team or fanbase, tricky waters