PDA

View Full Version : Heading to Georgia Dome

AKenno
01.08.2014, 12:42 PM
Hi guys I'm heading over to the TNF falcons and buccs game in the Georgia Dome just wondering if there is any tips or advice for heading to the game that ye would know of. What's the tailgate like? Any chance of meeting players pre/post game? Any of you try to get field passes? And any other tips/advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Domed Outter
02.08.2014, 02:03 PM
Haven't spent too much time tailgating before but did once for the Seahawks playoff game. Past the dome on north side at yellow parking lot as with the new stadium construction the closest lot is now closed. Just outside theres Falcons landing where they have competitions, sign-ups, etc. A nice place to be when, especially for a late game.

Head down the escalators by the GWCC and then down some steps to the players parking deck in good time before the game, or half hour afterwards. Just missed out on that on my first visit and missed the team coaches leave when I was in KC (they stayed opposite my hotel).

Haven't a clue about field passes. I usually get into the stadium early and if anything is said then so be it.

AKenno
05.08.2014, 07:11 PM
cheers thanks for the info and advice

Devilfalc
06.08.2014, 10:09 PM
Gate E is the place to see the players after the game. If you go down the stairs, the players come out at the lower level to get to their vehicles.

The crowd all leave after the players have gone, but if you are willing to hang around for 20-30 mins you should get to see TD and Smith. When I met TD he was down to earth and very approachable. Smith was a bit less so, and only hung around for 20-30 secs as he was rushing off to do a radio show.

I've been lucky enough to get field passes twice. The first time was via a friend who moderates on the official message board, and being on the field so close to the players was an amazing experience. When I went 2 years ago another fiend managed to get me a field pass, but as had issues with my game ticket, so I had a field pass that I wasn't even able to use (it still really annoys me to this day). Maybe you could try emailing someone in the ticket office to ask and give them a sob story about travelling 4500 miles etc.

AKenno
11.08.2014, 08:19 PM
Cheers thats great do many players stop and sign stuff/chat? I emailed the ticket office last week and I got a reply from one of the guys who said to email him closer the time to see what he can do...i will let ye know what comes of it

Devilfalc
12.08.2014, 07:24 PM
Cheers thats great do many players stop and sign stuff/chat? I emailed the ticket office last week and I got a reply from one of the guys who said to email him closer the time to see what he can do...i will let ye know what comes of it

Quite a lot of the players will stop and sign stuff/chat. There's not much room, so it pays to get there early as it can be frustrating if you are towards the back.

AKenno
20.08.2014, 10:52 AM
great thanks i'll use my irish charm and elbows to get me to the front

ukfalc
19.09.2014, 11:34 AM
You definitely picked the right game! How did it go?

AKenno
06.10.2014, 07:45 PM
Sorry haven't been on this for awhile had an unbelievable experience. We met the guy from the Falcons he brought us down to the field for at least half an hour then he upgraded our seats to the premium level right on the 20 yard line. The match was just a tad one sided but it was still an enjoyable match to see Hester break the record in front of Sanders too was really special. Julio's touchdown catch was right in front of us too.

The gameday experience was very good did't do any real tailgating as the NFL network crew were filming live so we stuck around there until it was time to go in.