PDA

View Full Version : Draft/Fas

Lonestar1963
12.03.2016, 11:54 AM
Bit quiet on here lads!:( I think Tunsil is a cert for no1 pick what do you think? Getting Ben Jones in at center is a good idea, dont know much about him but i understand Schwenke was injured last season so it makes sense. 3 OL players on free agency too, be interesting if they re sign.Murray needs an O line uplift if he is to have a good season too. Dont think there is much wrong with the D just going on stats, especially in the secondary?

wayne ellis
12.03.2016, 06:44 PM
Bit quiet on here lads!:( I think Tunsil is a cert for no1 pick what do you think? Getting Ben Jones in at center is a good idea, dont know much about him but i understand Schwenke was injured last season so it makes sense. 3 OL players on free agency too, be interesting if they re sign.Murray needs an O line uplift if he is to have a good season too. Dont think there is much wrong with the D just going on stats, especially in the secondary?

Seen one or two reports recently that think Tennesee take Jalen Ramsey at#1, but I'm not buying it. Has to be Tunsil...

Lonestar1963
12.03.2016, 08:57 PM
I,m thinking Taylor Lewan moves to RT

Lonestar1963
14.03.2016, 02:53 PM
The rt is a free agent and they don't seem in a rush to re sign

THE_TITAN
14.03.2016, 02:56 PM
Lewan will most likely be a top 10 left tackle Lonestar. Just sayin

RichardCunliffe
14.03.2016, 03:01 PM
The rt is a free agent and they don't seem in a rush to re sign

It boils down to what the Titans think they have in Taylor Lewan. Is he 'good enough' to protect Mariota? Does Mariota's elusiveness mean they don't need a superstar at LT anyway, a bit like Seattle and Russell Wilson? It seems as a rookie Lewan was maybe in the top half of LT's in the league? He has a year under his belt too now.

I think the Titans choice comes down to 2, maybe 3, players. After that you have a few more that could work but have questions.

THE_TITAN
14.03.2016, 03:04 PM
Choice #1 HAS to be a trade down. But, at the end of the day, if a trade down isn't possible then the Titans should take the best player in the draft. The position really doesn't matter because the Titans are in the infancy stage of their evolution. The core of the team is young and the best player in the draft can help out for the next decade.

In that sense the choice probably comes down to four players IMO:

Tunsil, Ramsey, Jack and Bosa.

I think if you trade down you could get an elite RT in Stanley and acquire more high picks in a draft that I consider reasonably deep. Indeed, I think the strength of this draft is in its depth, there is a lack of elite talent at the top it seems (especially at QB).

RichardCunliffe
14.03.2016, 03:07 PM
Choice #1 HAS to be a trade down. But, at the end of the day, if a trade down isn't possible then the Titans should take the best player in the draft. The position really doesn't matter because the Titans are in the infancy stage of their evolution. The core of the team is young and the best player in the draft can help out for the next decade.

In that sense the choice probably comes down to four players IMO:

Tunsil, Ramsey, Jack and Bosa.

I think if you trade down you could get an elite RT in Stanley and acquire more high picks in a draft that I consider reasonably deep. Indeed, I think the strength of this draft is in its depth, there is a lack of elite talent it seems.

Agree with both those statements. The only thing they can control really though is picking the player they see as the best in the draft. Like you say, if a trade market isn't there then they have to pick at #1.

charlieb32
14.03.2016, 05:03 PM
I think Tunsil has to be the pick at #1 assuming we can't trade down.

At first I was quite against the move, given we have a good - possibly great - LT already making it seem a bit wasteful, especially when we don't know how Lewan will do at RT. But the fact he is the consensus best player in the draft itself is a strong factor just on the sound principle of drafting BPA. But more than that, we may have a great duo in Mariota and Murray, but they can only go so far as the OL will take them. Ultimately I believe giving Mariota time and keeping him healthy is the key to making the entire offense really take off: If Mariota had been healthy for 16 games last year we'd have won a good few more and he would've been the one taking all the rookie records, not Winston. Despite all our failed attempts to fix the OL in past years I really think we can this time with Tunsil and have it set for the next 5 years.

After Tunsil at 1, I'm advocating for defense the rest of the way. With the OL set, our TE's being our strongest position, and QB and RB sorted, the only other offensive position I could see us taking is a WR, but with DGB, Wright and Matthews, and Douglas and Hunter for depth, I think we're good enough there: Although might want to take a WR in the later rounds for replacing Wright who's on his last year and I don't expect us to keep.

We desperately need another DT and this is a great draft there, so expecting that in the 2nd/3rd. We also need to desperately address FS, CB, OLB and ILB, so hopefully we'll invest heavily on defense after setting up our offense to succeed with Tunsil.

Lonestar1963
14.03.2016, 09:53 PM
Woods has just re signed and looks to be ready to take over the NT spot, so you are talking about DEs? tbh big DEs ready to play in the 3-4 look a bit thin on the ground, unless Titans take Buckner?

THE_TITAN
14.03.2016, 09:54 PM
Woods is a borderline starter, NT is still a position that could be added to imo.

Lonestar1963
14.03.2016, 10:34 PM
Its always chancy moving tackles around but at the mo they dont have a RT and i dont think there are many in free agency who could step in. I havnt seen that much of Tunsil but the experts are saying he could be the next Munoz, who am i to argue, so players like that cant really be passed on can they?

charlieb32
14.03.2016, 11:12 PM
Woods has just re signed and looks to be ready to take over the NT spot, so you are talking about DEs? tbh big DEs ready to play in the 3-4 look a bit thin on the ground, unless Titans take Buckner?

Woods is a good run stuffer, but he is currently our only NT, and this being a deep draft along the D line I definitely expect them to draft some help there.

Lonestar1963
15.03.2016, 09:29 AM
Sammie Hill?

THE_TITAN
15.03.2016, 02:17 PM
Sammie Hill?

He's a free agent and not likely to re-sign.

Lonestar1963
18.03.2016, 09:41 AM
Byron Bell surprisingly re signed, they could be happy with o line, got a feeling for Ramsey

Lonestar1963
18.03.2016, 08:42 PM
Byron Bell surprisingly re signed, they could be happy with o line, got a feeling for Ramsey
only a 1 yr contract tho, so i,m thinking back up or move him to guard

charlieb32
19.03.2016, 09:26 PM
only a 1 yr contract tho, so i,m thinking back up or move him to guard

J Rob has said he's here to play RT, but that doesn't mean he has to be the starter. Does seem to suggest they're thinking of going Ramsey/someone other than Tunsil - or could all just be a smokescreen for whatever that's worth when you're picking #1.
Either way I'm happy, he's at worst an average O-lineman and can cover most of the line when the injuries come.

Lonestar1963
20.03.2016, 10:57 PM
Hard to call but they seem determined not to trade for the no 1 pick, i,m almost sure they might possibly take Ramsey and look for another lineman later...or:confused:

charlieb32
25.03.2016, 06:29 PM
Rashad Johnson on a one year deal.
Happy with this, will certainly provide a solid backup or at worst be a serviceable starter. Certainly an upgrade on the majority of our secondary for the majority of last season.

Don't know if JR has brought him in to start or to compete with a rookie. Are a number of good FS's in this class and I thought that's where we might go in the 2nd (if we don't take Ramsey). A good signing though.

I am curious about all these one year deals, not really sure what's going on with that. Maybe JR has long term plans to build his own roster through the draft, but I still don't understand not signing solid backup players to 2-3 years. Can't be good having a great deal of roster turnover next season if the intention really is to let these guys walk after one year.

Lonestar1963
28.03.2016, 11:44 AM
A lot of these one yr contracts are given to guys considered past their best or getting on a bit in NFL terms, Johnson is 30 would you sign him to 3yr contract? seems to me they are "fill ins" just to add depth, but like you say it doesnt help the long term situation, on the other hand it wont cost any money to cut them or re sign for another year:rolleyes:

Lonestar1963
28.03.2016, 11:45 AM
They have to re sign Zach Brown dont they????

charlieb32
30.03.2016, 06:35 PM
I think Brown is gone, doesn't seem to be any interest from us in re-signing him. Maybe he's hoping for a big contract and will come back and sign a cheap deal with us when nobody is interested in him. Woodyard was much improved in his 2nd year with us, and I like Williamson too, but we have nothing behind that which is a bit of a concern and seems like one we'll address in the draft. I'd quite like Brown back but am equally happy to move on so long as we invest in someone to improve that position.

Lonestar1963
30.03.2016, 08:22 PM
Yeah and Woodyard is 29 and like you say theres not much depth at inside LB, either re sign one a one yearer or draft help,they cant head into the season as it is, still a long way off of course